View Full Version : favourite energy drink

bawlsguaranafan01
05-29-2007, 06:45 PM
myne is bawls gurana
then amp
wat about yall

scum1
05-29-2007, 09:54 PM
I like Rip it citrus x sugar free. 99 cents at Walmart and a very nice orange flavor with a good kick.

2nd choice would be joker juiced.

I been drinking a lot of stacker 2 drinks which I got from biglots store for 50 cents each. Not the best but you can't beat the price.

Drink I'm looking forward to the most is Java Monster. I'd say over all I've tried maybe 20 or so different drinks so far.

Android
05-30-2007, 03:17 AM
I'm not sure I'd consider Bawls a true energy drink - it's more like a soda pop with a lot of caffiene. It doesn't have any of the extra stuff you see in energy drinks, like vitamins, ginseng, taurine, etc. Because it doesn't have that extra stuff in it, I think Bawls tastes great. Same goes for Jolt Cola - another high caffiene soda pop.

Now, Jolt Cherry Bomb has some of that extra stuff in it, but you can't tell by the taste, if I had to pick a "real" energy drink that one would probably be my favorite.

greg
05-30-2007, 11:15 AM
I'm not sure I'd consider Bawls a true energy drink - it's more like a soda pop with a lot of caffiene. It doesn't have any of the extra stuff you see in energy drinks, like vitamins, ginseng, taurine, etc. Because it doesn't have that extra stuff in it, I think Bawls tastes great. Same goes for Jolt Cola - another high caffiene soda pop.

Now, Jolt Cherry Bomb has some of that extra stuff in it, but you can't tell by the taste, if I had to pick a "real" energy drink that one would probably be my favorite.

So how do you define a "real " energy drink?

Coffee gives many energy, hence the success of Starbucks, but most do not consider it an energy drink, although I do.
Some consider Mtn Dew an Energy drink becuase it gives them energy, but it doesn't fit the Red Bull mold that many compare it to.

NRGSLLR@
05-30-2007, 05:49 PM
Perhaps it's found in the difference between Nutrition Panel and Supplement facts on the can?

Android
05-30-2007, 11:25 PM
So how do you define a "real " energy drink?

I was expecting someone else to make the comment I made, but no one did....

It's not really me that's doing the defining here. I'm talking about the product category. Everything in the industry is so segmented these days. In the 80s, Pepsi was all excited when the original juice-added Slice sold well initially - because it was a "different" market segment. But did that pan out? Did they keep the juice-added formula? nope....... But I digress...

Anyway, I think Red Bull single-handedly created the energy drink category as we know it today. Others have expanded the catagory sideways by offering larger cans. But what it is, is a somewhat-palatable liquid that has of carbs, caffiene plus vitamins and other stuff added to it. The main purpose is the mixture of the ingredients combining for increased energy and health. (yeah right)

Bawls, and Mountain Dew don't fit that, although Amp does.

Most of the "true" energy drinks I've tried, were ones I'd not care to drink again. (Jolt Cherry Bomb being an exception) Me, I'd rather take pills for those extra ingredients and wash them down with something that actually tastes good. Like say, Bawls! :D
-Andy

greg
05-31-2007, 10:49 AM
I was expecting someone else to make the comment I made, but no one did....

It's not really me that's doing the defining here. I'm talking about the product category. Everything in the industry is so segmented these days. In the 80s, Pepsi was all excited when the original juice-added Slice sold well initially - because it was a "different" market segment. But did that pan out? Did they keep the juice-added formula? nope....... But I digress...

Anyway, I think Red Bull single-handedly created the energy drink category as we know it today. Others have expanded the catagory sideways by offering larger cans. But what it is, is a somewhat-palatable liquid that has of carbs, caffiene plus vitamins and other stuff added to it. The main purpose is the mixture of the ingredients combining for increased energy and health. (yeah right)

Bawls, and Mountain Dew don't fit that, although Amp does.

Most of the "true" energy drinks I've tried, were ones I'd not care to drink again. (Jolt Cherry Bomb being an exception) Me, I'd rather take pills for those extra ingredients and wash them down with something that actually tastes good. Like say, Bawls! :D
-Andy

I think no one answered because the question was directed at you. LOL.

So by your own definition from above it now seems that Diet Coke PLus is an energy drink.
As a side note the ED does not have to have carbs in it to provide you energy( see REDLINE ) Most ED's use sugar for the taste as well as the initial sugar high for energy.
And another thing...whos to say it is not you doing the defining??? Isn't that the premise of RB's pseudo marketing campaign? "Let the Consumer decide what it is and isn't to them"

bawlsguaranafan01
05-31-2007, 01:28 PM
and if bawls isnt a energy drink
then howcome when u go to the c-store its always with the energy drinks and not the sodas

Android
05-31-2007, 03:17 PM
I think no one answered because the question was directed at you. LOL.

No,no I meant my original comment at the top.

If you added a bunch of extra caffiene to DC Plus then yeah, I'd call it an energy drink. Carbs/no carbs, yet another segment, or sub-segment. Whatever! A bunch of BS, but it means something to someone!

I LIKE bawls - and I drink it for the caffiene and because it tastes good. And I drink it because it doesn't have all that extra crap in it that makes a lot of energy drinks taste like they have chalk dust was mixed in. I guess I do consider it energy drink then, and maybe I shouldn't have made that comment above, but it's a comment I'd seen others make before, so was playing devil's advocate.

bawlsguaranafan01
05-31-2007, 04:14 PM
thats aright

TheNOSDrinker
06-01-2007, 06:38 PM
and if bawls isnt a energy drink
then howcome when u go to the c-store its always with the energy drinks and not the sodas

BAWLS is not an energy drink. I would say an energy drink has caffiene aswell as other supplements. BAWLS is not one because it does not have the additional supplements, it only has guarana (witch is just another form of caffeine). I've heard that BAWLS is only guarana flavored aswell. makes sense because both caffeine and guarana are listed on there, caffeine being the first of the two. I would guess that the reason it is with the energy drinks and not with the soda is because it has a lot more caffeine than a soda, and they don't want people to confuse it for one and by it for their kids.

And for my favorite energy drink, I would say NOS in a 22 oz. bottle. It's big, It's tasty, and has plenty of caffeine and lasts a long time. The other favorites of mine would be Jolt Cola and Blue.

xavian
06-01-2007, 10:00 PM
This website classifies it as an energy drink in its review. So, back to the original question. What's your favorite?

TheNOSDrinker
06-01-2007, 10:57 PM
This website classifies it as an energy drink in its review. So, back to the original question. What's your favorite?

Well, the official BAWLS website classifies it as "a high caffeine soft drink made from the guarana berry." As quoted from the faq's on the website.

BAWLS (http://www.bawls.com/faqs.html)

I've noticed the people here at BevNet try and dictate some stuff, and that alot of people accept it for true. Just because it's a major website doesn't mean that they are always right.

BriGuy20
06-01-2007, 11:28 PM
Monster Lo-Carb (watching my weight, plus it's a diet that doesn't suck)
Rockstar Juiced Guava
NOS (more for the extra caffeine than the taste)
Monster Khaos
Rockstar Juiced Pomegranate

shaan91
06-01-2007, 11:33 PM
1. monster Assualt
2. Monster
3. Bawls
4. Rockstar
5. Cocaine

DragonMaster
06-02-2007, 02:25 AM
XS Energy drinks
Here is three reasons why that is.
1. It's the best tasting energy drink out there
2. Has multiple flavors
3. it truly gives you energy

BriGuy20
06-02-2007, 10:30 AM
XS Energy drinks
Here is three reasons why that is.
1. It's the best tasting energy drink out there
2. Has multiple flavors
3. it truly gives you energy

You forgot to add that it makes you money since it's MLM.

bawlsguaranafan01
06-02-2007, 01:43 PM
1.bawls gurana
2.AMP
3.jolt silver
4.nos
5.jolt blue

i really wanted to try cocaine
but then they toke it off the market
so now im looking on the internet like ebay and stuff and its there just really expensive

BluejacketT
06-03-2007, 04:07 AM
Coolah Energy Drink.

Nick Laugher
06-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Hyyyyyyyyyype!

jacksmom
06-07-2007, 12:20 PM
My Favorites (in order):
1. Jolt Red (I think discontinued now)
2. Rockstar Cola (also discontinued)
3. Fuze Mega Energy Lime Mojito (possibly discontinued)
4. Rip It Limewrecker

I think I'm beginning to see a trend here - as long as something's discontinued, it's my favorite!

deepnenergy
06-07-2007, 03:15 PM
My Favorites (in order):
1. Jolt Red (I think discontinued now)
2. Rockstar Cola (also discontinued)
3. Fuze Mega Energy Lime Mojito (possibly discontinued)
4. Rip It Limewrecker

I think I'm beginning to see a trend here - as long as something's discontinued, it's my favorite!

that is bad luck or you have bad taste, LOL

deepnenergy
06-07-2007, 03:26 PM
Mine is Rage Liquid Energy it has a full flavor and Packed with energy made in a way that it really gives you energy for 6hrs + with no crash. For a PP the same as the majors and more energy then them all. Not one mg passes digestion without being introduced into the blood stream offering a real energy supplement to the body. Instead of spending $10+ a day on RB, RS, or monster I just do one of these, that’s almost $40 a week I save for gas and it's not 3.79 for an 8oz...

SumPoosieCat
06-12-2007, 01:08 AM
Favorites... SumPoosie Cat, Moster Sugar Free, and Redline Grape flavor !!!

tiuk
06-29-2007, 11:47 AM
I think my top three, taste-wise, are Rockstar Pomegranate, Full Throttle, and Sobe No Fear.

iPwnd
06-30-2007, 07:06 PM
rockstar juiced
rockstar
full throttle fury
jolt blue
bawls

Least: Frigid Dog

BTW Jacksmom, are you talking about jolt cola or cherry bomb:confused:

jacksmom
07-02-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm talking about Jolt Red, which is neither Cherry Bomb nor Jolt Cola - it is a fruit punch flavored Jolt, which is now discontinued. I still have a stash of about 10 battery cans left that I ordered from Dr. Soda.com.

garr
07-23-2007, 12:27 PM
monster. game over n00bs.

boodoo
07-25-2007, 12:35 PM
Tried a Red Devil the other day...kind of a berry-cherry flavor and pretty good taste. I prefer sugar free and this was regular so I will have to wait till I find a diet version.

Stackups Immy
07-29-2007, 11:04 AM
Right now the BEST energy drink is CFOUR.

Its Peach - Strawberry...and it tastes like tart Fresh Peaches. Its amazing. At no point does it have that medicine / cough syrup taste that alot of energy drinks have. its just an excellent drink.

my other fave is REHAB, but its not available here anymore (Orange County, ny).

the WORST is named PURE ENERGY. it kinda smells like alcoholic green teat and tastes like youre drinking Cologne.

MERVERNATOR
08-08-2007, 12:35 AM
Id have to say Josta. it sorta was an energy drink before there was such a term. Ill never forget my first sip. :(

yipching
08-13-2007, 05:11 PM
Id have to say Josta. it sorta was an energy drink before there was such a term. Ill never forget my first sip. :(

Aye, never a truer word.

energyjoe
08-13-2007, 07:00 PM
I would have to say rhino's energy drink I had in Las Vegas. Everyone told me it's like RB but good. I don't really get it, but it's true. I don't like the other weird flavors on the market because they don't really go with alcohol.

deepnenergy
08-13-2007, 07:31 PM
[QUOTE=energyjoe;356829]I would have to say rhino's energy drink I had in Las Vegas. Everyone told me it's like RB but good. I don't really get it, but it's true. I don't like the other weird flavors on the market because they don't really go with alcohol.[/QUOTE

I must say that, IMO... I believe you are wrong about other EDs not mixing well with alcohol; most like RS and Monster and Rage (I have to plug my self) are doing well in the bars. RB and or Rhino are limited because of lack of different flavors. Neither ED can make a margarita or a large number of other bar drinks that multi flavors are able to do. I tryed to make a margarita with both and don't work.

To follow RB in profile is old news & ideas, Monster is showing the world that.

BluejacketT
08-20-2007, 10:22 AM
I found a new favorite. It's Full Throttle Blue Demon.

BriGuy20
08-20-2007, 01:21 PM
I have been pleasantly surprised by Xenergy. They taste great for calorie-free/sugar free

energydrinkratings
08-22-2007, 10:28 PM
Best Tasting - Vim & Vigor, either flavor

Best Diet - Go Fast Light

Best Breakfast Energy Drink - Kaboom Orange Buzz

Best Organic - Steaz or essn

Best for Hangover - Hydrive (any flavor)

Best Workout Energy Drink - 5 Hour Energy or Redline

Best Tea Flavored Energy Drink - Steaz or Bazza

Strongest - Wired X505 (505 milligrams of caffeine), Fixx (500 milligrams of caffeine) Redline (not sure how much caffeine, just really does the trick)

I am sure there are a couple I am leaving out:)

ehinkes
08-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Agree on the Xyience drinks. Very good. Also have recently enjoyed the Ace + Juice