PDA

View Full Version : Concentrated Enegy Drinks

boodoo
05-31-2007, 12:14 PM
Just curious to see what people think of the smaller (3-4-5-6oz) type energy drinks that you see at the checkout counter in some c-stores. I tried an Upshot Cherry and almost up-chucked. It was just plain bad. I now have a 5-Hour energy drink in the frig for later today. Anyone else tried these kinds?

bawlsguaranafan01
05-31-2007, 01:16 PM
i have tried the upshot mocha and it tasted like crap
but never tried the 5 hour energy before

scum1
06-02-2007, 03:43 PM
I have tried 5 hr energy several times and it's not good but then that is why it is a shot. It gave me some decent energy though. I also tried 6hr energy(by stacker) and also the taste was not very good. Rocketshot was another and it was awful and I will not try it again. I'm thinking the whole market for shots is different the your normal energy drink market. I have noticed 5 hour energy advertising a lot on late night radio. I think the market is the same as those taking energy pills. Sometimes I don't want a large drink though and just need a boost so I go for the shots.

Android
06-02-2007, 03:56 PM
I think the market is the same as those taking energy pills..

Yeah, I think so too. And like I said recently, I'd rather take the pill(s) and wash them down with something that tastes good myself.

BriGuy20
06-04-2007, 03:36 PM
Tried the Upshot Kola mixed with Pepsi.

I'm still looking for a good cola-tasting energy drink. :\

boodoo
06-06-2007, 07:55 AM
I finally tried the 5-Hour Energy. With such a bad taste I expected a good rush...nothing...I get more lift from tradition energy drinks.

Ron Swedelson
06-06-2007, 11:44 AM
UpShot is made by the company Drinks that Work, is this correct? I believe it is. Their concentrated drinks do lack a little bit in the overall flavor catigory. I am a fan of their older drinks, their original drinks and flavors. They had a KAVA that was crazy. Made your whole tounge and throat numb.

EnergyKEG
06-08-2007, 06:54 PM
Yeah, I think so too. And like I said recently, I'd rather take the pill(s) and wash them down with something that tastes good myself.

I don't know if anyone has tried the 8 hour energy pills yet...
But they are Kick Ass!

I picked up a bottle that has stuck in
the 5 hour box display.

Anyone else tries the 8 Hour Energy pill
yet?

Truely if there was a little shot
that didnt make you want to throw up
it would COOL!

SumPoosieCat
06-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Redline during the day before my workout.... SumPoosie Cat when I am out on the town. Sunday after church... maybe a diet Monster !

TheNOSDrinker
06-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Don't they all taste terribly bitter? I mean, isn't that what happens when you mess with the caffeine to fluid ratio that much to get 100 or so mg per oz. ? I have tried Upshot Kola and Mocha. They were both bitter, I mixed the Kola flavor with some Dr Pepper, It tasted okay/more than tolerable.

JMHX316
06-12-2007, 02:07 PM
I've never tried one, but those of you who have, I have a question. Are they thick/syrupy, or just bitter tasting liquid? I have a bit of trouble swallowing viscous stuff, taste aside (bad gag reflex).