PDA

View Full Version : Monster Java-anyone seen it?

ChrisDeCoke
06-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Recently in Hungtington Beach, CA, i came across Monster Java, and it came in three flavors, i think one was dark, one vanilla, and the other was Loca Moca a mocha flavored one. Has anyone tried this stuff and does it taste like Doubleshot or like a traditional energy drink?

amyers
06-03-2007, 12:45 AM
I have had the Mean Bean and I have to say that it's pretty good.

Dr Pepper 70
06-03-2007, 01:59 AM
Great product. All three flavors taste the same to me. They are selling very good.

amyers
06-04-2007, 12:37 AM
Picture post. We are selling for $1.99 in Alabama, $2.49 in Georgia. Check the pictures.

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/4651/img00084yu7.jpg
http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/9387/img00081oi2.jpg

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-04-2007, 11:24 AM
Are these creamy drinks ala Starbucks Doubleshot? Or are they carbonated like Coke Blak? Or maybe just black flavored coffee?

Nick Laugher
06-04-2007, 07:11 PM
I'm trying to obtain samples for review, but it's tough to get samples from a big company like Monster.

amyers
06-04-2007, 10:34 PM
I'm trying to obtain samples for review, but it's tough to get samples from a big company like Monster.

It shouldn't be too hard. I recently contacted Hansens (the parent company) about their Rumba product, they sent me 3 free coupons, and a sticker in the mail with no questions asked.

rackitup
06-09-2007, 04:27 AM
In Portland Oregon it came out @ the end of May.

I tried 2 of the 3 flavors.

I Loved both of them and will try the 3rd soon.

The Mocha tasted similar to Starbucks Mocha Frap.

The bean flavor was like Starbucks Vanilla Frap.

There is no carbonation @ all.

There is no unusual taste, sometimes I drink Triple shot Coffee drinks despite the bitterness.

I will buy these as long as they are available, it is a tremendous value compared to Starbucks.

I wish they would put a little better description of the flavors on the can's.
All of the cans had the same description talking about what the product was in general, BUT not the nuances of the flavors.
For example I tried the Mocha first because I knew it would have Chocolate flavor.
I guessed the Bean one was Vanilla, BUT it could have been some kind of Energy Kava bean.
I have not tried the third flavor yet because I did not know if it would be more along the lines of a Dark Italian Coffee a-la Starbucks Italian Coffee.

I would prefer the Monster Coffee drink in Glass, BUT the value can not be beaten, and the flavoring is incredible.

Nick Laugher
06-09-2007, 03:11 PM
I've reached the regional director of monster for my area finally. Hopefully I can obtain some samples soon!

rackitup
06-11-2007, 02:29 PM
I tried the "big black" Sunday, it was good, BUT my least favorite of the three.

I believe, but I am not sure that this is supposed to be their straight coffee drink.

I like sweet, BUT this was the sweetest of the three, and it had an almost maple flavor that I could not get out of my head.

My favorite overall is "Mean Bean"

bill
06-15-2007, 12:54 AM
i bought the big black and mean bean as I was figuring being a coffee drink they would have some form of milk in them but didn't see it listed when I made a quick look at the ingredients in the store.

Got to where I was going and let it chill for an hour or two and opened the mean bean one. First look at the inside and I figured it had milk in it, tasted it, yep. Looked at the ingredients and it said reduced fat milk or something like that. I let my grandma try it and she didn't like it either (but she only drinks coffee straight). So I ended up pouring it out.

I absolutely do not like milk. I prefer coffee with sugar, but can drink it straight. So whenever anything that is supposed to taste like coffee has milk in it I bypass it. I have never figured out why they think everyone wants milk in these types of drinks.

Looked at the big black ingredients and it had milk in it too so I didn't even taste it. I ended up giving it to my cousin's girlfriend.

fusion
06-15-2007, 01:00 AM
Because most of the American public puts some type of milk product (or non-dairy creamer) into their coffee, IME.

A coffee/energy combo is already a niche product - they're trying to appeal to the widest audience possible.

fusion
07-21-2007, 09:33 PM
Finally found these - from Abarta Coke in PA.

scum1
07-21-2007, 11:27 PM
Much better than a starbucks frappuccino. More in the can than say a starbucks double shot. I drink my coffee with cream(land o lakes fat free half and half) and no sugar.

fusion
07-22-2007, 12:56 AM
Here's a site you might like:

energydrinkreviews.com - Welcome (http://www.energydrinkreviews.com/)

I found Stewie (from family guy) energy drinks yesterday.

http://www.bevnet.com/reviews/stewie_family_guy_energy_drink/

repo721
07-25-2007, 10:42 AM
Will the milk sour the drink if I don't keep it chilled? I haven't found any near where I live, but I did buy a few cans while out the other day and don't want to have to drive another 80 miles to replace it. :P

fusion
07-25-2007, 11:31 AM
Not unless you open it. The cans I bought, I actually bought off the shelf.