PDA

View Full Version : "DOG" Energy Drink?

amyers
06-07-2007, 07:27 PM
Looks like BYB Brands, Inc (sub. of Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated) has released a new product looks like it's called DOG Energy Drink but each flavor (of 3) has a prefix, here is the main flavor that I tried right after the Coke guy put it in the fridge.

http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/2887/img00111bl5.jpg

I'm not a big fan of what they've done with the design of the can, they did better on the Respect drinks and the other drinks they've done.

ByB Brands, Inc. Distributor and Brand-Owner of Unique and Innovative Beverages. (http://www.bybbrands.com)

fusion
06-07-2007, 09:27 PM
They really need to hire someone to produce better looking graphics for their BYB products, imho.

Red Sox fan
06-07-2007, 10:20 PM
This is supposed to replace Rockstar? oy vey..

Mr Zabe
06-07-2007, 10:22 PM
LMAO
(I just had to chime in. LOL)
You both hit the nail on the head.

amyers
06-08-2007, 12:06 AM
No, this is not to replace Rockstar. BooKoo replaced Rockstar and that comes straight from the VP of Sales/Marketing at BooKoo. "DOG" is just another brand from BYB Brands which is setup to be a completely different company.

For example, BYB Brands sells the "Respect" drinks in other markets such as Coca-Cola United, and Coca-Cola Enterprises.

and yes, they need better graphics people, the other two products they have have GREAT logos and POS material, but when it comes to this one, I didn't approve. Even the "energy content" label on the back was all miss spaced and looks very un-professional. It wasn't a bad drink though for $1.99.

I'll update once I get more information from BYB.

CStoreCatMan
06-08-2007, 04:49 PM
No, this is not to replace Rockstar. BooKoo replaced Rockstar and that comes straight from the VP of Sales/Marketing at BooKoo. "DOG" is just another brand from BYB Brands which is setup to be a completely different company.

For example, BYB Brands sells the "Respect" drinks in other markets such as Coca-Cola United, and Coca-Cola Enterprises.

and yes, they need better graphics people, the other two products they have have GREAT logos and POS material, but when it comes to this one, I didn't approve. Even the "energy content" label on the back was all miss spaced and looks very un-professional. It wasn't a bad drink though for $1.99.

I'll update once I get more information from BYB.

Hmm...BooKoo still isn't a great replacement for RockStar. Pepsi carries BooKoo in San Diego, CA and it does not fare well against the competition...

I think they named this product appropriately...it's going to perform up to its namesake! How does a product like this make it past all of the marketing and business professionals at BYB?

amyers
06-09-2007, 12:59 PM
Hmm...BooKoo still isn't a great replacement for RockStar. Pepsi carries BooKoo in San Diego, CA and it does not fare well against the competition...

I think they named this product appropriately...it's going to perform up to its namesake! How does a product like this make it past all of the marketing and business professionals at BYB?

Who knows why it's got such a bad design, maybe they were in a rush to pick it up and get it out. I don't know. I personally don't like Rockstar and love the BooKoo brand, it may not be a great replacement, but all I can say for CCBCC territory is hurry to your local over-stocked gas station and grab what you can.

On the other hand, I would agree that it's not selling to well, a local Shell station still has some cases left over from when RC was their BooKoo distro, oh well. I enjoy it.

Red Sox fan
06-09-2007, 03:36 PM
Consolidated is a very good beverage distributor but they do not understand the energy category in my opnion.

There are only a select few brands that sell well consistently and have the national chain authorizations to back them up (CVS/KROGER/PANTRY/ etc.)...Maybe 4-5 brands max with substantial selling power.

While it is very tempting to take in a me too brand with a low cost of goods (bookoo), or invent your own product (DOG), it is always more wise to pay for quality or "best of breed" over the long term.

amyers
06-09-2007, 08:06 PM
I have more POS material, will post later.