PDA

View Full Version : So Many darn energy drinks!

Rob The SURGE Drinker
06-07-2007, 11:19 PM
I was at Woodmans today, and they expanded the energy drink asile about 7 more feet within the last couple of days, and gotten a couple new products (Mad croc and Jolt silver). They also added more Red Bull space, and a little more Full throttle and Rockstar space. But the thing is, there are getting to be so many choices for energy drinks, that it is hard to choose! Is it really nessecary to have like 20 different energy drinks? (I havent actually counted, but i should next time i go there) I walk over to the energy drink section, and it takes me a minute to scan the drinks and figure out which one i want LOL. It is easier at, say, a conveinence store, where they have limited space, so you really only have to choose from Red bull, Full throttle and variations, Rockstar and variations, AMP, and maybe a couple others like bawls or the such. Oh well, enough ranting for now.

Mr Zabe
06-07-2007, 11:30 PM
My arm chair comment.
Being what Rob just posted, IMO ED prices will
will drop. For sure there will be some slow selling dogs
that will get cleared out. ED customers (us borad mates)
will reap the rewards LOL IMO

NRGSLLR@
06-08-2007, 10:25 AM
My arm chair comment.
Being what Rob just posted, IMO ED prices will
will drop. For sure there will be some slow selling dogs
that will get cleared out. ED customers (us borad mates)
will reap the rewards LOL IMO

Just to play devil's advocate; perhaps prices will increase. Many retailers are adverse to lowering category profitability and new brands are proving that you can take the price up and be successful, ie: Red Line and Xyience. It would seem a better strategy to focus on product quality and ingredients along with efficacy (why buy two for $3.00 when you can get all the energy you need in one can for $2.XX)

greg
06-08-2007, 03:07 PM
Just to play devil's advocate; perhaps prices will increase. Many retailers are adverse to lowering category profitability and new brands are proving that you can take the price up and be successful, ie: Red Line and Xyience. It would seem a better strategy to focus on product quality and ingredients along with efficacy (why buy two for $3.00 when you can get all the energy you need in one can for $2.XX)

AMEN BROTHA!!!!!

BriGuy20
06-08-2007, 07:17 PM
I think the prices may go down slightly, but I think the greater trend will be towards higher-caffeine formulations.

SumPoosieCat
06-09-2007, 09:30 AM
As long as Red Bull continues to get 3 bucks for a 12 ounce can I am in the money baby !!! Hey Red Bull ...how about a 24 ounce can for 5 bucks!!! In the last 5 years energy prices have continued to edge higher. Bargain brands will sell for less ...high profile brands will continue to sell for higher and higher prices.

scum1
06-09-2007, 12:36 PM
I'm not into paying more than 2 bucks for an energy drink. Sure maybe a redline or a Spike shooter every once in a while but thats more of a shot to me than a drink. Half of a redline is all I need and it's not what I consider an everyday drink. I don't think Redline will be a mainstream drink like monster or red bull either since it is too potent. Xyience! I don't think so. Xyience is not near worth the money. I get more energy from a 1$ Rip it than from a Xyience. I would never pay what they ask for a Red Bull. i think it is not a good value at all. Of course 80% of all people are idiots though so Red Bull will continue to sell the most. Higher price I have discovered does not mean a better energy drink.

deepnenergy
06-11-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm not into paying more than 2 bucks for an energy drink. Sure maybe a redline or a Spike shooter every once in a while but thats more of a shot to me than a drink. Half of a redline is all I need and it's not what I consider an everyday drink. I don't think Redline will be a mainstream drink like monster or red bull either since it is too potent. Xyience! I don't think so. Xyience is not near worth the money. I get more energy from a 1$ Rip it than from a Xyience. I would never pay what they ask for a Red Bull. i think it is not a good value at all. Of course 80% of all people are idiots though so Red Bull will continue to sell the most. Higher price I have discovered does not mean a better energy drink.

I think you just spoke for half the world, good word. IMO...Red Line is really not an ED. RL claims to be a fat incinerator and applies the ingredients to it for the effect they claim to make, I believe this would make it a diet or weight loss product (not for everyone). They claim a ultimate energy rush but don't call it an ED because I believe they can't, good job on the marketing trying to pass it as an ED and i know it must be harder to compete within your own category being a diet product and all....IMO. Xyience is not worth it but I don't think Rip it is worth a buck...IMO.

greg
06-11-2007, 06:45 PM
I think you just spoke for half the world, good word. IMO...Red Line is really not an ED. RL claims to be a fat incinerator and applies the ingredients to it for the effect they claim to make, I believe this would make it a diet or weight loss product (not for everyone). They claim a ultimate energy rush but don't call it an ED because I believe they can't, good job on the marketing trying to pass it as an ED and i know it must be harder to compete within your own category being a diet product and all....IMO. Xyience is not worth it but I don't think Rip it is worth a buck...IMO.

Why do you always say that REDLINE is not really an ED??? Just because we have fat burning properties in the drink does not make it a fat loss product alone. I have one ingredient that promotes fat loss through metabolism manipulation and for the most part the rest are pure stimulants.
Caffeine, Tyrosine, Yerba Mate, Green Tea, Yohimbine are all used as a catalyst for energy use.
Besides, my bottle says right on it REDLINE- The Ultimate Energy Rush.
And what do you mean try to "Pass" it as an ED? I gaurantee you that my drink can give more energy than 95% of any ED on the market. The only reason I say 95 is because I am sure there must be at least 5% of the market I have no clue about.

You have no idea the concept behind REDLINE. REDLINE was engineered as a pre-workout energy drink that also burns fat while using it. It was not meant for your mother to sip on while watching soap operas hoping she would burn some fat off her. It was meant to be used as energy for intense workouts and to maintain a high intensity fat burning heart rate so that body builders and training athletes can get a good workout and maintain lean muscle mass without having to either a) ingest high amounts of sugar b) ingest high amounts of other simple carbs, or c) would not have to go into a catabolic state while working out to burn fat stores.

Go invent your energy drink and bring it to market already . I am tired of you bashing my drink because it doesn't fit into your pre-described definition of an energy drink that is now almost 15 years old.
I have news for you....The Sugar ,Taurine, caffeine thing is over. People are looking for more energy with less fat accumulation.
It has been proven that energy drinks with sugar in them create an environment for increased fat storage both during and after use. This means that ever meal you eat after you drink a regular energy drink, if you are a regular consumer, has the propensity to store fat with simple carbs and even some complex carbs due to the lack of the caffeine to stimulate the metabolism to burn the extra sugars. Hence,the body eventually gets to a state where it stores fat so effeciently that even when drinking a regular ED the caffeine loses it affect.

And I'm not concerned about competing in "my own category" as you put it. REDLINE is the #1 Selling ED in GNC and the #1 Selling Product in The VItamin Shoppe. I have been picked up from 300 stores in Wal-Mart to now over 3000 while having my drink sit in the Diet and NUTRITION section.
The natural progression of any brand is to grow the brand. REDLINE has grown to include total distribution in California, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, Arizona, New Mexico, Florida, New York, Most of Texas, all of Michigan, All of NW, and throughout Boston. Furthermore we also have an International Version that is sold in Europe, The UAB, Saudia Arabia, Egypt, Poland, The Czech Republic, and other eastern European countries.
Currently we are working on Growth in Australia.

REDLINE is not afraid to compete with anyone. I will place my drink up against anyones any day. I may not win them all but I will win some. My numbers over the last 2 years have proven that REDLINE is a competitor, and it's not because I am giving away product to get it into distributors hands. I am bringing them a good product that has legs, taste good, has zero calories, works, and makes everyone money.

deepnenergy
06-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Why do you always say that REDLINE is not really an ED??? Just because we have fat burning properties in the drink does not make it a fat loss product alone. I have one ingredient that promotes fat loss through metabolism manipulation and for the most part the rest are pure stimulants.
Caffeine, Tyrosine, Yerba Mate, Green Tea, Yohimbine are all used as a catalyst for energy use.
And what do you mean try to "Pass" it as an ED? I gaurantee you that my drink can give more energy than 95% of any ED on the market. The only reason I say 95 is because I am sure there must be at least 5% of the market I have no clue about.

You have no idea the concept behind REDLINE. REDLINE was engineered as a pre-workout energy drink that also burns fat while using it. It was not meant for your mother to sip on while watching soap operas hoping she would burn some fat off her. It was meant to be used as energy for intense workouts and to maintain a high intensity fat burning heart rate so that body builders and training athletes can get a good workout and maintain lean muscle mass without having to either a) ingest high amounts of sugar b) ingest high amounts of other simple carbs, or c) would not have to go into a catabolic state while working out to burn fat stores.

Go invent your energy drink and bring it to market already . I am tired of you bashing my drink because it doesn't fit into your pre-described definition of an energy drink that is now almost 15 years old.
I have news for you....The Sugar ,Taurine, caffeine thing is over. People are looking for more energy with less fat accumulation.
It has been proven that energy drinks with sugar in them create an environment for increased fat storage both during and after use. This means that ever meal you eat after you drink a regular energy drink, if you are a regular consumer, has the propensity to store fat with simple carbs and even some complex carbs due to the lack of the caffeine to stimulate the metabolism to burn the extra sugars. Hence,the body eventually gets to a state where it stores fat so effeciently that even when drinking a regular ED the caffeine loses it affect.

And I'm not concerned about competing in "my own category" as you put it. REDLINE is the #1 Selling ED in GNC and the #1 Selling Product in The VItamin Shoppe. I have been picked up from 300 stores in Wal-Mart to now over 3000 while having my drink sit in the Diet and NUTRITION section.
The natural progression of any brand is to grow the brand. REDLINE has grown to include total distribution in California, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, Arizona, New Mexico, Florida, New York, Most of Texas, all of Michigan, All of NW, and throughout Boston. Furthermore we also have an International Version that is sold in Europe, The UAB, Saudia Arabia, Egypt, Poland, The Czech Republic, and other eastern European countries.

REDLINE is not afraid to compete with anyone. I will place my drink up against anyones any day. I may not win them all but I will win some. My numbers over the last 2 years have proven that REDLINE is a competitor, and it's not because I am giving away product to get it into distributors hands. I am bringing them a good product that has legs, taste good, has zero calories, works, and makes everyone money.

Now Greg I have never bashed your brand and I don't know where that is coming from. but the statement was I do not believe you can call it an ED BUT I could be wrong and am willing to admit it. You seem stressed out as far as FULL distribution that would be a false since I am on the west coast and only can find you in GNC but I will say you do well there. So you know I have stores that would sell your stuff but your DSD here won't come to their stores and NO they are not in the boonies. As far as my ED the ideas are there but not the money and until then I will be happy to wait on the other hand I am with an EB now that is doing well. And even though your strong words saying I Bash you all the time I still think RL is a good diet drink.....

AND AS I SAID (NOT FOR EVERYONE) IN YOUR WORDS.......
You have no idea the concept behind REDLINE. REDLINE was engineered as a pre-workout energy drink that also burns fat while using it. It was not meant for your mother to sip on while watching soap operas hoping she would burn some fat off her. It was meant to be used as energy for intense workouts and to maintain a high intensity fat burning heart rate so that body builders and training athletes can get a good workout and maintain lean muscle mass without having to either a) ingest high amounts of sugar b) ingest high amounts of other simple carbs, or c) would not have to go into a catabolic state while working out to burn fat stores

Also I don't say that what worked 15 years ago works today, I'm the one that keeps asking the question why are people following RB when making their own.....read my post
CJ

scum1
06-12-2007, 12:32 AM
I think it is and I like it. That said I think it is not in the same market as a red bull or Monster. Come on My 13 yr old and her friends all want to drink Monster. I don't let her though and for sure Redline is not for her. Redline belongs at GNC not the local 7 11. I agree that your Redline is the bomb. My boss actually forbid us from drinking it at work. It's in a category with only a few others such as Spike. These are not your everyday energy drinks for your average person to use for a quick boost to get them through the day. I think that is what deepnenergy is trying to say. Redline is way to potent to be compared to your average energy drink. It's much much more. Not a slam on it but a fact. Now if I could just find me some apple flavor?

greg
06-12-2007, 11:26 AM
SCUM1 you are wrong. REDLINE is in the same market as Monster and RB. A better way to put it though would be to say it is not in the same league!

REDLINE is a whole new generation of ED's that the consumers are asking for.

Lets face a fact that many do not recognize here on this board. ED's are for adults, not kids. There is no reason why a healthy teenager needs an energy drink. Energy drinks all say not intended for minors but few refuse to not cater to those same minors in advertising.
REDLINE is for responsible adults and it does belong in 7-11 stores and any other mass market retailer.
The retailer provides choices for for all types of consumers hence the choices in his store. The Nutrition set is coming to the c-store. Look around next time you are in their and see if you don't recognize the protein bars and protein drinks. It has started in California and here in Florida and as usual it will spread across the US.
The C-Store is the next health food store. It won't be solely a health food store but the average consumer will not have to go to GNC to get all of his products.

scum1
06-12-2007, 12:55 PM
I agree it is coming to the convenience store and also EDs are not for kids. That said though does not mean kids are not drinking them on a daily basis. I mean come on 80% of parents are lazy and stupid and let their kids do whatever. If these powerful drink saturate the market your going to see more incidents like the Spike Shooter one in Colorado. Your local convenience store clerk won't point out to drink only half (like the girl at GNC did for me last week). There will be incidents and this will draw attention of politicians and the sort. Next think you know it's like ephedrine all over again. I realize you want a bigger market share but I think you are asking for trouble going this route. Of course I'm just a consumer and parent though. I remember being a kid though and I'm sure I would of downed 2 redlines looking for a rush when I was a stupid teen.

deepnenergy
06-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Let's stay on subject here... Now Greg you accused me of bashing you when all I was saying is you are where you belong and in your words say it's not for everyone, by the way my mom loves your supplement but I just am calling it like it is. I never said there was something wrong with RL I just know according to the FDA statement about EDs (see the cocaine E release) according to the claims RL makes you can not call your self an ED according to what I read about claims concerning the added supplements, so in turn that would make you a Diet/Workout Supplement and your priced for it too. Why you complaining?

And like you said health bars, protein bars, and health supplements are being placed in the c-store, you must of been having a bad day I know you didn't mean it...:)

Soda-MN-Good
06-12-2007, 03:53 PM
I am not an ED drinker, but from these posts, I would have to say it's probably a good thing. As the stress and tension in this post can only be attributed to too much caffeine...lol

Redline however seems to leave it's maker on a very tight wire and looks to also tighten your nerves to points that you may explode.

I did however stop in GNC to see what drinks they had there. On one side of the store was a slew of ED's and on the other sitting all by it's lonesome on the shelf with muscle stuff was Redline. I also noticed Redline was WAY out of my price range as I consider ED's as a more potent version of soda, and I can't justify spending more than $2 on a miniature can of soda.

Of course that's just my opinion, and I'm sure someone is about to have a nervous breakdown and tell me what ED's really are and justify how their ingredients are worth a gold mine.

If you want me to spend more than $2 on a can of anything, it should quench my thirst and leave me feeling full. Oh yes, and it should also reimburse me for every other purchase...

greg
06-12-2007, 05:30 PM
I agree it is coming to the convenience store and also EDs are not for kids. That said though does not mean kids are not drinking them on a daily basis. I mean come on 80% of parents are lazy and stupid and let their kids do whatever. If these powerful drink saturate the market your going to see more incidents like the Spike Shooter one in Colorado. Your local convenience store clerk won't point out to drink only half (like the girl at GNC did for me last week). There will be incidents and this will draw attention of politicians and the sort. Next think you know it's like ephedrine all over again. I realize you want a bigger market share but I think you are asking for trouble going this route. Of course I'm just a consumer and parent though. I remember being a kid though and I'm sure I would of downed 2 redlines looking for a rush when I was a stupid teen.

REDLINE is a leader in the area in which you talk about. We are now shipping all our bottles with the Caps imprinted with the following:
Caution: Read Entire label before drinking. Contains two servings.

There is only so much you can do to protect the American public.

Our Extreme versions already have the caffeine content in milligrams on them ahead of next years requirement. Our "Regular" line labels will have them as soon as we run out of current lables. Coke and Pepsi are just now debating to go ahead and make the label changes according to news reports.

Now let me ask you this.....Did you read the label before, after or at any time during your REDLINE experience. Please be honest. 95% of people do not read labels.

scum1
06-12-2007, 06:10 PM
O yes I read the label. Me and a coworker split a bottle. I enjoyed it myself and so did my coworker. Helped get through a long 12hr shift. I just worry about stupid kids who won't read the label or will ignore it. Your warning is there and I give you props for that but that might not be enough. I hope your product does well and I will continue to purchase it at my local GNC. I will not purchase it at my local gas station/store however.

greg
06-12-2007, 06:14 PM
Let's stay on subject here... Now Greg you accused me of bashing you when all I was saying is you are where you belong and in your words say it's not for everyone, by the way my mom loves your supplement but I just am calling it like it is. I never said there was something wrong with RL I just know according to the FDA statement about EDs (see the cocaine E release) according to the claims RL makes you can not call your self an ED according to what I read about claims concerning the added supplements, so in turn that would make you a Diet/Workout Supplement and your priced for it too. Why you complaining?

And like you said health bars, protein bars, and health supplements are being placed in the c-store, you must of been having a bad day I know you didn't mean it...:)

First , perhaps bashing was the wrong choice of words to use. Perhaps disparage, disrespect, or just "dis" would have been better. I have seen you on this board numerous times refer to my drink as not really being an energy drink when I the manufacturer, markets it as such, sells it as such, labels it as such , etc, etc.

Second, I feel like you are baiting me by throwing in the statement that "my mom loves your SUPPLEMENT".

Third- Re-read the statement given by the FDA about Redux and Cocaine energy drink. It was called a supplement and marketed as such by the company. Furthermore, it was called a drug by the FDA because of information posted on Redux/Cocaines website. Cocaine was never "Cross Marketed" like REDLINE so you can't clearly state the similaries based on an article in the news paper.

And what does price have to do with whether it is an energy drink or a supplement? Dom Perignon cost $200 a bottle, Brut cost $9.99 yet they are both Champagne.

On my website where I do say that REDLINE is meant to treat, diagnose , or prevent any disease? We do not say anything of the sort. We do say that the ingredients in it can help you trigger mechanisms that help your body burn fat. That does not in its own right make it a supplement.

greg
06-12-2007, 06:21 PM
I am not an ED drinker, but from these posts, I would have to say it's probably a good thing. As the stress and tension in this post can only be attributed to too much caffeine...lol

Redline however seems to leave it's maker on a very tight wire and looks to also tighten your nerves to points that you may explode.

I did however stop in GNC to see what drinks they had there. On one side of the store was a slew of ED's and on the other sitting all by it's lonesome on the shelf with muscle stuff was Redline. I also noticed Redline was WAY out of my price range as I consider ED's as a more potent version of soda, and I can't justify spending more than $2 on a miniature can of soda.

Of course that's just my opinion, and I'm sure someone is about to have a nervous breakdown and tell me what ED's really are and justify how their ingredients are worth a gold mine.

If you want me to spend more than $2 on a can of anything, it should quench my thirst and leave me feeling full. Oh yes, and it should also reimburse me for every other purchase...

Sorry you mistake passion for anger.

Redline sits alone in most GNC's due to our contract. Most ED's marketed towards the Gym goers fall short of the "old school" products that a lot of us remember. Part of our marketing is to be a stand alone product that does not need to be bunched with a group of drinks that we feel fall short of the intended purpose.

Sorry about your feelings about ED's and cost. People like you are the reason that they make Hyundais and BMW's. Not everyone wants the cheapest thing out there and a lot of people are looking for quality and performance.

greg
06-12-2007, 06:26 PM
O yes I read the label. Me and a coworker split a bottle. I enjoyed it myself and so did my coworker. Helped get through a long 12hr shift. I just worry about stupid kids who won't read the label or will ignore it. Your warning is there and I give you props for that but that might not be enough. I hope your product does well and I will continue to purchase it at my local GNC. I will not purchase it at my local gas station/store however.

I'm glad it helped you through your shift.

If most people read a bottle of soda and its ingredients do you think it would stop them from purchasing it even though they do not know what in the world Potassium Benzoate, Citrus pectin, Acesulfame Potassium?????????

deepnenergy
06-12-2007, 07:26 PM
First , perhaps bashing was the wrong choice of words to use. Perhaps disparage, disrespect, or just "dis" would have been better. I have seen you on this board numerous times refer to my drink as not really being an energy drink when I the manufacturer, markets it as such, sells it as such, labels it as such , etc, etc.

Second, I feel like you are baiting me by throwing in the statement that "my mom loves your SUPPLEMENT".

Third- Re-read the statement given by the FDA about Redux and Cocaine energy drink. It was called a supplement and marketed as such by the company. Furthermore, it was called a drug by the FDA because of information posted on Redux/Cocaines website. Cocaine was never "Cross Marketed" like REDLINE so you can't clearly state the similaries based on an article in the news paper.

And what does price have to do with whether it is an energy drink or a supplement? Dom Perignon cost $200 a bottle, Brut cost $9.99 yet they are both Champagne.

On my website where I do say that REDLINE is meant to treat, diagnose , or prevent any disease? We do not say anything of the sort. We do say that the ingredients in it can help you trigger mechanisms that help your body burn fat. That does not in its own right make it a supplement.

Greg, all I have to say incase you have not noticed that obesity is a disease among Americans today, stated by the US department of health.... and if you’re not a supplement then why does it say it on the box "DIETARY SUPPLEMENT" or did you forget what you put on the box. I did not want to open this up but you keep coming back saying I'm bashing you please follow my post and remind me where I ever said your not "really" a ED until I looked into your brand and your trends and your packaging...IMO. I turned my mom on to the samples you sent me and she does like it, why do you have to lash at me? I must be touching a touchy subject.... and there is nothing wrong in being called a supplement.....Right Everyone??? I thought that would make you stronger in the market.

That's what my MOM calls it.

Also Brut is a sparkling wine not Champagne. In order to be REAL Champagne you must be produced in Champagne, FR. Just a little note for those that don't know.....Greg. Wouldn't want to miss-lead anyone...