PDA

View Full Version : any word on how diet coke plus is doing?

popologist
06-09-2007, 06:52 AM
i see lots of banner ads for it on yahoo. and i see lots of it stocked in NYC coolers. but i can't recall anyone buying it.

i tried it once, and it was definitely better than regular diet coke, but i still prefer coke zero much more.

BhamCokeman
06-09-2007, 10:58 AM
20 oz wise I would compare its sales to that of Cherry Coke or Bars volume wise. Its doing very well in CVS, where they ran it a couple times in the ad for 77 cents.

popologist
06-09-2007, 12:54 PM
20 oz wise I would compare its sales to that of Cherry Coke or Bars volume wise. Its doing very well in CVS, where they ran it a couple times in the ad for 77 cents.

so, people are actually buying it then...

ok, i just wasn't sure. like i said, here in NYC (where diet coke outsells coke classic), the coolers are loaded with DCPlus... mostly in 20 oz bottles and 12 pack cans. i haven't really seen it in 2-liter or 1.5-liter.

also, i've noticed a lot more of shelf space going to coke zero, especially in 20 oz bottles and 12 pack cans. i can pretty much find it whereever i go now (except for restaurants).

Mr Zabe
06-09-2007, 02:57 PM
At least in my experience of shopping at Woodman's and my local Jewel Foods,
it appears that Diet Coke Plus is selling. I noticed both the end cap
displays and the shelve facings are being shopped.

mjb1124
06-10-2007, 01:08 AM
I kinda feel embarrassed to buy this, just because of the negative stigma surrounding the idea of a "healthy" soda. That may be the case with other buyers as well. Of course, for me a lot of it is that I look like a typical diet soda drinker, if you get my drift, and the last thing I want is to look like a walking stereotype.

Mr Zabe
06-10-2007, 01:15 AM
LOL
Trying new soda pops means never to be vain. LOL
I say who cares what other people might think.
Go for it. :)

fusion
06-10-2007, 01:23 AM
Diet Coke plus is not going to be in 1.5L or 2L. 20oz and fridgepacks, 12oz singles and 16.9oz 6pks in some areas.

speaking of Coke Zero, it's also getting expanded packaging. We now have 24 pack cans and 32 pack cans (the latter for BJ's Wholesale Club).

mjb1124
06-10-2007, 01:59 AM
LOL
Trying new soda pops means never to be vain. LOL
I say who cares what other people might think.
Go for it. :)

I was one of the first people on here to try it if I remember correctly. And I usually have at least one of these every week. I just sometimes get a feeling that people are looking at me funny when I buy this.

mcmannors
06-11-2007, 10:10 AM
I was one of the first people on here to try it if I remember correctly. And I usually have at least one of these every week. I just sometimes get a feeling that people are looking at me funny when I buy this.

Yesterday I bought a 20 oz. bottle of Diet Coke Plus along with 2 hot dogs at the On The Run store in Nyack, New York. The cashier didn't laugh. At least not while I was still whithin earshot! :D

amyers
06-11-2007, 11:24 AM
Diet Coke plus is not going to be in 1.5L or 2L. 20oz and fridgepacks, 12oz singles and 16.9oz 6pks in some areas.

speaking of Coke Zero, it's also getting expanded packaging. We now have 24 pack cans and 32 pack cans (the latter for BJ's Wholesale Club).

Sadly enough, we have Diet coke Plus in 12oz singles, fridgepacks, 16.9oz 6pks, and 20oz. Lacking 1.5L and 2L products, darn too bad, :)

JMHX316
06-12-2007, 02:00 PM
I hope it does well enough to stick around, I'm switching back and forth between it and Zero... Diet Pepsi Max may make my rotation, if I could find the stuff..