PDA

View Full Version : Jones Soda Huge Deal with Sea Hawks

Ron Swedelson
06-13-2007, 11:47 AM
I heard this rumor yesterday, and then saw it online today durring a google search. It says Jones Soda signed a contract with Quest Field and the Sea Hawks to be the ONLY soda vendor for all events at QUEST field. That is huge. I wonder though it they are going to keep their 12oz glass, or sell their 20 oz plastic?

Mr Zabe
06-13-2007, 12:19 PM
WOW.....that's one huge "matzah ball".
Jones must be ecstatic over this prime opportunity.
I wonder if Jones will sell a few more main steam
flavors as well with their regular line up? I mean
like a cola, diet cola and lemon lime that are more
in line with the Big Three flavors.

fusion
06-13-2007, 01:20 PM
Plastic bottles and fountain sodas throughout the park, canned sodas in the suites.

Jones Soda lands soft drink rights at Qwest Field (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/316867_jonessoda23ww.html)

Ron Swedelson
06-14-2007, 12:10 PM
Thats cool...I know they are not main stream enough, but I bet they could push a couple Fountain flavors out into 7-11's nation wide or some major chain. Something like their Green Apple, or non-competative brand so Coke and Pepsi can't bitch...

amyers
06-14-2007, 07:24 PM
Thats cool...I know they are not main stream enough, but I bet they could push a couple Fountain flavors out into 7-11's nation wide or some major chain. Something like their Green Apple, or non-competative brand so Coke and Pepsi can't bitch...

Jones Soda Green Apple was in Target last year for a few months.

fusion
06-14-2007, 10:06 PM
Starbucks announced today they are going to stop carrying Jones in all their stores.

Traders Lack Thirst For Jones Soda - Forbes.com (http://www.forbes.com/2007/06/14/jones-starbucks-closer-markets-equity-cx_jl_0614markets27.html?partner=yahootix)

ichiro
06-15-2007, 07:27 PM
Pure cane cola will be at qwest along with 5 other flavors. Seahawk labels will be on plastic bottles. Different players will be shown. Will be taking the seahawks in the retail stores as well. Also will be selling the bottled water as well.
Top seahawk official has said many other teams are interested in what the hawks are doing. If jsda does a great job for the hawks,look for other teams wanting to promote their players on labels and also to have pure cane cola.
The labels are cool,Seattle papers on tuesday had photos on them.You can go to the seahawks web page and check it out as well. Collectors labels,hall of fame players,fans,etc . Sky is the limit. Jones will have photographers on the sidelines during games taking photos and photos of fans. People can then go to seahawks webpage and check out photos then go to myjones.com and get a case of soda with the photo they select. Pretty cool stuff.

Mr Zabe
06-15-2007, 09:35 PM
I was wondering. I do not think the Chicago sports
venues sell soda pop or beer in plastic bottles. Silly question,
how do the venues manage to keep all those cases of product
ice cold? Do they have large refrigerators or do they have cooled
semi's stocked for what ever is needed?

Dewman1979
06-16-2007, 08:07 PM
"sea hawk" lmao...

Ron Swedelson
06-18-2007, 12:22 PM
I know at the Oracle Areana (were the Warriors play in Oakland), there are a number of counter top coolers at all concession stands. And I believe they dont even sell anything from the fountain. If you are there early, you get a cold drink, if you get the refills, not so much. Hopefuly Seahawks have something better in place. Either way, thats a pretty big hit for Jones.

meetingpeopleiseasy
06-24-2007, 02:40 PM
That's amazing good for them.

taestell
02-27-2008, 09:27 PM
Has anyone tried their cola or lemon-lime flavors that they created for this? Are these flavors available anywhere besides the stadium?

meetingpeopleiseasy
02-28-2008, 11:08 AM
Has anyone tried their cola or lemon-lime flavors that they created for this? Are these flavors available anywhere besides the stadium?
I saw them as being available for sale on their website the other day.

rollntider
02-28-2008, 01:06 PM
i saw some of the cola in wal mart.(8 pack can) Lemon lime i have not seen.

fusion
05-21-2008, 07:00 PM
I saw the cola in 8packs at a Walmart here in Delaware today.

SPLASTiK
05-21-2008, 08:36 PM
I don't think it's been mentioned in any thread but (Anchorage/Seattle based) Alaska Airlines started carrying Jones products, getting rid of Coke products as of April 1st. It seems to be getting mixed reviews from the customers...

They have the Cola, Sugar Free Cola, Lemon Lime and Sugar Free Cream Soda. Various other flavors are supposed to appear periodically.

I've tried the Cola and Lemon Lime on the flights and don't really like them even though I'm a big Jones fan and have been drinking the stuff since 1997. It was also disheartening when I heard they were making a cola when they even used to advertise the fact they were different, didn't have Cola and weren't going to make one. I still have a bunch of old "Kick your Coke habit" stickers too...

fusion
02-17-2010, 11:35 PM
Alaska Air has dropped Jones and went back to Coke as their beverage supplier.

Business & Technology | Alaska Air dropping Jones Soda, going back to Coke | Seattle Times Newspaper (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2011023839_jonessoda10.html)

Dewman1979
02-20-2010, 05:31 PM
They need to just stick with "wild" flavors and not so much the traditional ones.

janstett
03-03-2010, 10:39 AM
I heard this rumor yesterday, and then saw it online today durring a google search. It says Jones Soda signed a contract with Quest Field and the Sea Hawks to be the ONLY soda vendor for all events at QUEST field. That is huge. I wonder though it they are going to keep their 12oz glass, or sell their 20 oz plastic?

Given what a huge egomaniac Jerry Jones is, I wonder if he would sign a similar deal for the Cowboys and sell it alongside TO's popcorn :D

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/6165/topopcornms3.jpg