PDA

View Full Version : My Surge Vs Vault TASTE TEST

Troy The Vault Drinker
06-13-2007, 11:36 PM
My Surge Vs Vault Taste Test

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w105/troythevaultdrinker/sidebyside.jpg
The 2 GREATEST DRINKS EVER, SIDE BY SIDE!!!

The Scent:
Well, I don't see how in some past reviews of Vault & Surge, they say,
that they smell exactly the same, Because They DO NOT Smell The Same.
Not that Surge doesn't smell terrificly awesome, because it does, but still.
Vault has more of a citrusy scent that you would expect from a citrus soda, but Surge has a fruity type scent and doesnt smell like citrus. But, i like the Surge scent better than Vault's scent.

The Expiration Dates:
Surge = August 28, 2000
Vault = August 27, 2007

Thats odd, Only one day away Vault, 7 years later.

Into The Cups:
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w105/troythevaultdrinker/sidebyside2.jpg
Well, when i first cracked open the Surge as I've said in a recent post that my dad & I were going to have a trip down memory lane because he loved surge as much as I did & what was left was going to be for the taste test. Well, he had his bit which was maybe 2 oz. & i drank a tiny bit when we did our cheers to SURGE, so i could have a lot left for the review, and the Surge really looked light light green, but then for the taste test and when i took this picture the Surge turned really green. ODD!

The Taste Test:
First, I'll say this, The Surge tasted really FRESH! but then again, i haven't
tasted Surge since probably 2002, and really dont remember much, just that it was my favorite soda growing up and that it was smooth.

The SURGE:
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w105/troythevaultdrinker/drinkinsurge.jpg
Well, it tasted kind of like Vault, about 90% and now everytime I drink a Vault, It'll remind me of Surge. Not that I didn't think about Surge everytime I drank a Vault, but I mean now I can think of the taste too.
It didn't have as much citrusy taste as Vault, more fruity but very delicious and didn't leave a bad after taste like Vault.

The Vault:
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w105/troythevaultdrinker/drinkinvault.jpg
Vault is way more bite than Surge, and Vault also has more citrus taste. But, I can't decide which is better, Vault or Surge, now i know most of you would pick Surge, but, there were many different things different in both sodas that were terrific.

Vault Or Surge:
Well , I think I'm going with Vault, why? because Vault is what it is. Vault is terrific and a wonderful drink that will always remind me of my child hood and why I pick vault most of all, is because it will always NOW remind me of Surge and will bring back all the good memories and I won't be able to get Surge like i get Vault, because Vault is everywhere. Vault will always remind me of surge and surge will bring back AWESOME memories, of me pretending i was surge man (THAT I REMEMBER, LOL) & me screaming SSSSUUUURRRRGGGEEEE!!!! at the top of my lungs, i also remember doing that. And I SWEAR, when i was little i used to say, If i have a kid and it's a boy, "I'm Naming It SURGE". So I PICK VAULT!

AfterTaste:
Vault = Vault has a very strange and not really the greatest tasting after taste but I still love it.
Surge = Surge had a tremendous after taste.

After The Taste test:
After I drank the Surge, I did a LOUD SURGE SCREAM!!!

Well, theres my review.

Troy The Vault Drinker
06-14-2007, 08:39 PM
WHY DOES NOBODY REPLY???
and only 4 images allowed?? pfft..

Ram0n C0keah0lic
06-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Thanks for sharing your taste test!

wow, that Surge can was from seven years ago, did it tasted nasty? cause once I drank a Coca-Cola Light from three years ago and it tasted awful...

I had the chance of trying Surge, but I don't remember how it tastes, but I tried Vault at the beginning of this year (and I still have one bottle left and one bottle more to come :D) and it tastes really great... IMO it tastes like Sprite mixed with Minute Maid orange juice :D

Troy The Vault Drinker
06-14-2007, 11:03 PM
it tasted really fresh

popologist
06-15-2007, 01:39 PM
this thread is hilarious!

could you do a "new coke" vs "coke classic" taste test for us next... ;)

jacksmom
06-15-2007, 05:05 PM
I appreciated your Vault vs. Surge review - very thorough! Unfortunately, I never had the chance to taste Surge - saw it several times, never bought it, but I do like Vault a great deal. I love Vault Red Blitz even more - I just wish we had it here in cans! Anyway, thanks for the review - I actually read it twice!

Skynet
06-16-2007, 06:20 PM
Yeah I never had Surge, but I really like Vault and one big advantage Vault has is that it's a hybrid so you get the energy soda aspect of it which has helped me some when it comes to going to class.

Dewman1979
06-16-2007, 08:06 PM
surge is horrible

Troy The Vault Drinker
06-17-2007, 02:15 PM
surge is horrible

And so is Pirates of the Carribean

shadowlp06
06-18-2007, 02:50 AM
Could the difference in smells have to do with the PET bottle versus the can?
I've noticed in canned Coca-Cola and PET bottle Coca-Cola I noticed a very different smell.

CitrusCola
06-18-2007, 07:14 AM
I think the main difference in aromas is probably due to the age of the Surge. The fruit flavorings that they put into soft drinks (which also provide some of the smell) tend to degrade over time (that's why they give them expiration dates). I would imagine that the Surge sample did not smell (or taste) the same as it did when it was first canned.

Mr Zabe
06-18-2007, 09:24 AM
Good point.

Troy The Vault Drinker
06-18-2007, 08:13 PM
I still loved it. getting to taste surge again, i mean.

meetingpeopleiseasy
06-24-2007, 02:41 PM
I 100% agree that Surge tasted like a more citrusy Sprite with a splash of orange juice. Vault is good, but it's no where near as refreshing as Surge was.