PDA

View Full Version : Coca-Cola to deliver the "Bev-olution"

videoman
06-17-2007, 04:16 AM
via Bloomberg (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=azzIqzaknaW0)

Coca-Cola has unveiled their new soda fountain.

The ``Bev-olution'' dispenser can create as many as 50 different drinks and may arrive in U.S. fast-food chains in October, Chris Lowe, president of Coca-Cola's North America foodservice unit, said today. Users can make their own beverages by mixing Sprite with a dose of cherry flavor, for example.

The new Coca-Cola machine can dispense both soda and noncarbonated drinks such as Powerade at temperatures just above freezing, Lowe said at a Beverage Digest conference in New York. It's ``the most versatile piece of equipment we've ever had.''

This could be interesting. I could see them trying new flavor combinations out at the fountain to see if they have a wide appeal before selling them in bottles and cans.

And the part about "just above freezing" gets a big thumbs up from me.

popologist
06-17-2007, 05:47 AM
yeah. that sounds really cool!

Tons O' Fun
06-17-2007, 04:14 PM
We have a machine at Exxons here that do that you push pepsi then you can add rasberry or vanilla or cherry with the drink. That that new of an idea. Leave it to coke to copy pepsi tho.

mjb1124
06-17-2007, 08:05 PM
7-Eleven also has machines like that, and they serve both Coke and Pepsi products. I doubt Pepsi came up with the idea. Besides, from what I'm reading, Coke's machine will be able to produce more flavor combinations.

Dr Pepper 70
06-17-2007, 08:25 PM
This concept has been out for a few years now. Fountain makers have had these for a while. Coke, Pepsi and Dr Pepper are just now willing to spend the money to get them because of the high demand.

Mr Zabe
06-17-2007, 08:44 PM
I know that the local 7-11 CS have had these fountains for more than a few years. I'm guessing that these machines are provided and maintained by the parent company (Southland Corp.).

LMAO....I just read the above posts. Good to see we agree. LOLOLOLOL

fusion
06-17-2007, 09:45 PM
I've seen fountains equipped with flavor dispensers in various locations in the past few years.

A Subway that's probably been open almost two years has one, along with a Pilot truck stop.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
06-17-2007, 11:42 PM
We need that bev-olution here! :P

Dr. Galaga
06-18-2007, 10:50 AM
I wonder what the heck this thing is going to look like! :confused:

BluejacketT
06-18-2007, 10:49 PM
I wonder what it's going to look like.

Mr Zabe
06-19-2007, 12:56 AM
In answer to your question.
The fountain looks nearly just like any other current fountain.
Most "lay" soda drinkers LOLOL would not even notice the difference.
On the front panel is a small square that has 4 flavor buttons. I recall the entire square is not bigger that one fountain name cover plate.

Mr Zabe
06-19-2007, 01:50 AM
In answer to your question.
The fountain looks nearly just like any other current fountain.
Most "lay" soda drinkers LOLOL would not even notice the difference.
On the front panel is a small square that has 4 flavor buttons. I recall the entire square is not bigger that one fountain name cover plate.

This is a simular fountain. Note it is not the one I have seen at my local
7-11s. The concept is the same.

fusion
06-19-2007, 06:58 AM
Closeup of the Pilot truck stop fountain I previously mentioned:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/garya/pilot-fountain.jpg

Mr Zabe
06-19-2007, 07:26 AM
That's the fountain that I have seen at my local
7-11s. Cool picture.:)

BluejacketT
06-19-2007, 05:00 PM
That answers my question.

illusionh20
06-20-2007, 02:57 AM
Yawn......Bev-olution or dispenser that delivers mainstream low quality product?

The real bev-olution is when someone delivers gourmet beverages to the mainstream.

Speaking of that have a look at a chain of burger joints that serve real drinks in real glass bottles, no Bev-olution props just the real thing!

BURGERFUEL (http://www.burgerfuel.com)

Because life is to short for bad soda!

dosido
07-07-2007, 05:26 PM
This new machine is actually totally different than anything that is already available. The underlying concept may be the same, but from what I understand, the functionality is not similar at all...