PDA

View Full Version : JOLT now an energy drink.

TheNOSDrinker
06-22-2007, 10:18 AM
So, I was drinking some JOLT Blue that I bought yesterday and I notice where it used to say, "POSITIVE Reinforcement" on the can, It now says "Energized with taurine, guarana, ginseng & vitamin B complex. So now, it's not just a high caffeine soda, it's a functional food.

amyers
06-22-2007, 10:50 AM
I thought their big marketing was that it was "natural energy" not the normal energy mix.

scum1
06-22-2007, 11:26 AM
So how was the taste and the kick from JoLt Blue? Last time I had a jolt I was not real impressed so I have not tried the new flavors

TheNOSDrinker
06-22-2007, 11:52 AM
I thought their big marketing was that it was "natural energy" not the normal energy mix.

Well, technically, it still is naturall caffeine all they did was add an energy mix. Aren't the other ingredients natural?

So how was the taste and the kick from JoLt Blue? Last time I had a jolt I was not real impressed so I have not tried the new flavors

Well It's been a while since I had a JOLT Blue, but I actually recognized a difference in the taste before noticing that the had put more ingredients in. It's still one of my favorites, It's kinda cotton candy flavored. I have not tried and of the other flavors except for cola, and that was before the change. The kick, it's hard for me too say, It was a bit more than usual, maybe because it's been a day since I last had an energy drink, It's still got the 220mg of natural caffeine per 23 oz.. Did you have the original Cola flavor in a bottle?

EDIT: Corrected misinformation on caffeine content.

scum1
06-22-2007, 12:04 PM
I had the cola flavor in a can. Like 6 months ago I think.

TheNOSDrinker
06-22-2007, 01:58 PM
I had the cola flavor in a can. Like 6 months ago I think.

Sorry, I was completely wrong about the caffeine content. The raised it from 140mg to 220mg. Stupid me didn't think to look at the can.

jacksmom
06-22-2007, 02:27 PM
I have a bunch of the 23.5 oz. cans here - a Jolt Cherry Bomb, several Jolt Red (which I know wouldn't be correct in caffeine content because they are discontinued now) and a Jolt Blue. Both the Cherry Bomb and Jolt Blue list the caffeine as 140 mg - I haven't heard anything about them raising the caffeine content. Is this going to be on all their drinks?

TheNOSDrinker
06-22-2007, 03:46 PM
I have a bunch of the 23.5 oz. cans here - a Jolt Cherry Bomb, several Jolt Red (which I know wouldn't be correct in caffeine content because they are discontinued now) and a Jolt Blue. Both the Cherry Bomb and Jolt Blue list the caffeine as 140 mg - I haven't heard anything about them raising the caffeine content. Is this going to be on all their drinks?

Well, It might take longer for the new version to get to you depending on were you are located at. I'm pretty sure if they do it to jolt blue, then they have done it to all of them. I don't think you have heard about it yet because from what I've seen Drink companies do not tell people about changes like this until the product reaches all if not most of the country. This is just a guess though. Here are pictures of the old can(left) and new can(right)....

http://www.bevnet.com/reviews/jolt/Images/20076221012570.hpim1889.jpg

jacksmom
06-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Cool pic - thanks for the info! Jolt's my favorite drink (actually Jolt Red), but I like all of them. It always had just the right amount of caffeine for me (I'm kind of on the small side - a little caffeine goes a long way), so I hope I can handle the extra dose of caffeine in the new formula - I'd hate to give up my Jolt! I used to be able to get Jolt Cola here in 12 oz. cans and that was great! I think they only have those now in Canada, if even that.

TheNOSDrinker
06-22-2007, 06:37 PM
Cool pic - thanks for the info! Jolt's my favorite drink (actually Jolt Red), but I like all of them. It always had just the right amount of caffeine for me (I'm kind of on the small side - a little caffeine goes a long way), so I hope I can handle the extra dose of caffeine in the new formula - I'd hate to give up my Jolt! I used to be able to get Jolt Cola here in 12 oz. cans and that was great! I think they only have those now in Canada, if even that.

Lol, the cans not resealable for nothing. Hehehe.

scum1
06-22-2007, 06:47 PM
I have to admit I really like the can design with the lid. It's just a good looking container.

TheNOSDrinker
06-22-2007, 07:57 PM
I have to admit I really like the can design with the lid. It's just a good looking container.

Monster used to have the resealable cans for a limited time. And Rockstar now has them out. :)

meetingpeopleiseasy
06-24-2007, 01:45 PM
I wasn't able to find those friggin cans anywhere and then one day...POOF they showed up in Walgreens. So now Walgreens carries Jolt.

scum1
06-24-2007, 02:25 PM
I wasn't able to find those friggin cans anywhere and then one day...POOF they showed up in Walgreens. So now Walgreens carries Jolt.

Yes Walgreens has a nice selection of EDs. Sometimes they have good sale prices on them as well.

closure
06-24-2007, 04:03 PM
They were actually on sale last week at Walgreens. Hope they do it again soon. I love the Blue.

halloaaryn
06-25-2007, 02:51 AM
I FINALLY *FINALLY* found it in the LA area! Before all I could find is the regular Jolt in glass bottles....

halloaaryn
06-25-2007, 02:52 AM

SAME THING HERE!! Walgreens in LA!

Android
06-25-2007, 04:02 PM
Walgreens, really? There's one just 2 minute walk from where I'm sitting at the moment... I'm there dude!

edit:
Make that 4 minutes each way.

Well they had it (Fort Collins, CO) but the price! 2.99 a can?!:eek: They just had the normal Cola, plus two others, can't remember which, but they weren't the Cherry Bomb I like.

I remember way back when Walgreens price for candy bars was 2/.59, now it's 2/1.29. Inflation sucks!

-Andy

scum1
06-25-2007, 09:35 PM
24 oz can is a lot to drink though. Compare to a tiny red bull for 2 bucks and it's a good value and it's a cool can.

Walgreens, really? There's one just 2 minute walk from where I'm sitting at the moment... I'm there dude!

edit:
Make that 4 minutes each way.

Well they had it (Fort Collins, CO) but the price! 2.99 a can?!:eek: They just had the normal Cola, plus two others, can't remember which, but they weren't the Cherry Bomb I like.

I remember way back when Walgreens price for candy bars was 2/.59, now it's 2/1.29. Inflation sucks!

-Andy

Android
06-26-2007, 01:45 PM
Yeah, but after I've read this on the Bevnet before:

Jolt is 1.89 here, in the battery can.