PDA

View Full Version : Full Throttle Mother???

BhamCokeman
06-26-2007, 11:43 PM
Had a sales aide on my desk when I got back to the plant and it was about the Full Throttle line. First off the Sugar Free will be in a new sharp white can. It sorta looks like a Coors can. Also on there was a new Full Throtlle called Mother. Its a green can. I'll post more when I fine out something.

scum1
06-27-2007, 12:33 PM
Great! I need to pick me up an original can of the sugarfree asap then for my collection. I really like the sugar free version taste wise.

amyers
06-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Where have you guys been? C'mon. :)

http://www.bevnet.com/reviews/full_throttle_energy_drink/images/04837cf.jpg

http://www.bevnet.com/reviews/full_throttle_energy_drink/images/04859cs.jpg

meetingpeopleiseasy
06-27-2007, 02:10 PM
Acai berry? What is that?

amyers
06-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Acai berry? What is that?

The acai berry is loaded with antioxidants, anthocyanins (approximately 20 times the amount in red wine), amino acids, essential omegas, fibers and protein. Some recent studies from the University of Florida indicate that Acai may even fight cancer cells: "Brazilian berry destroys cancer cells in lab, UF study shows".

TheNOSDrinker
06-27-2007, 02:35 PM
This drink was available in australia first in neat bottle, Why don't we get those here? I heard it tasted bad too. Atleast I think its the same drink, The one in australia is made by coke too.

TheNOSDrinker
06-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Here is a picture and a link.

http://www.energyfiend.com/wp-content/caffeine/mother.jpg

Caffeine in Mother (http://www.energyfiend.com/caffeine-content/mother)

amyers
06-27-2007, 04:43 PM
This drink was available in australia first in neat bottle, Why don't we get those here? I heard it tasted bad too. Atleast I think its the same drink, The one in australia is made by coke too.

I don't think this is the same drink.

illusionh20
06-29-2007, 02:15 PM
I don't think this is the same drink.

Can you check to see if your mother was full throttled in Korea?

Coke is one bad mother.........(&%))&##$&()

Good to see that coke continues to recycle formulations and brands around the world.

Oh well time for me to point this to the Australians at home.

Nothing "cool" about coke products, so yesterday........:rolleyes:

BriGuy20
07-07-2007, 12:24 AM
So I guess you don't get any energy from the High Fructose Corn Syrup, since that stuff is artificial as hell.

mjb1124
07-07-2007, 05:59 PM
So what is Full Throttle Unleaded? I know it has no carbs obviously, but what makes it different from Sugar Free Full Throttle? Is it replacing Sugar Free, or is it a different flavor like Rockstar Zero Carb? I noticed that it says "Caffeinated Beverage" at the bottom - does it have no "energy" ingredients other than caffeine?

fusion
07-07-2007, 07:47 PM
So what is Full Throttle Unleaded? I know it has no carbs obviously, but what makes it different from Sugar Free Full Throttle? Is it replacing Sugar Free, or is it a different flavor like Rockstar Zero Carb? I noticed that it says "Caffeinated Beverage" at the bottom - does it have no "energy" ingredients other than caffeine?

AFAIK, it is replacing sugar free. We actually got rid of sugar free last year, it didn't sell at all in our area.

From what I heard, unleaded should be out by 2 weeks from now.

scum1
07-07-2007, 11:06 PM
Full throttle sugar free i thought was much better than regular. I thought it tasted better and had more kick for some reason. I also noticed the 24oz full throttle at dollar tree today. is it going away?

Rob The SURGE Drinker
08-06-2007, 04:29 AM
I found full throttle Unleaded yesterday at Woodmans, and they had a Promo sticker on the cooler, and at the bottom it had a line of the Full Throttle logos, and the Nature is one bad Mother logo was there. But no actual cans of it.

amyers
08-06-2007, 03:24 PM
Yeah, Unleaded is out, not here though.

deepnenergy
08-06-2007, 07:53 PM
IMO..... Hey Coke; try making a good and REAL ED that is made for your consumers and the money your charging for the drink....FT is nothing more then a result of a brand made from product cost vs. margin to try and gain back the loss you suffered from the launch and popularity of Red Bull...

One day someone is going to bring all this out to the public, for those that blindly trust these larger brands. I don't know much but one thing for sure; you piss off a customer they will not buy your product.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
08-17-2007, 08:51 PM
I found The mother one yesterday, it has an odd flavor. Its good though. (and afaik, made without HFCS)

fusion
08-17-2007, 09:35 PM
We have Mother in our warehouse, haven't seen it in any stores yet, though.

Produced at plant HY, no idea where that is, either.

24oz Full Throttle blew out of Dollar Tree, I was surprised. I picked up a case for myself. We have fresh 24oz in our warehouse from Portland IN (PR).

scum1
08-17-2007, 11:01 PM
Picked up a can Yesterday here in Houston. Like the can but as for the flavor I have to say I can live without it. It's Blueberry/apple/grape flavor just did not do it for me. Not that it was bad but I prefer the Joker Juiced, Rumba, or the Rockstar juice drinks more. Mother is not overly sweet and the kick seemed on par. What I am interested in now is the New PJ flavor.
PJ purple label with the Prickly Pear/ Pomegranate flavor. Prickly Pear? Aiming for the latino market maybe? I can't stand the original PJ but this one sounds interesting.

deepnenergy
08-18-2007, 01:13 AM
What I don't understand is why and how can you just sit there and give your thoughts based on the flavor??? You guys have been in CSD to long…

Let’s hear from you Scum, Fusion how was the energy? Did it last long? How long before you consumed another one or a different ED? This is what energy is made for not taste...or maybe it’s got so little that’s the feeling the drink leaves you with " Like you just drank a 2.49 can of soda”.... Nice

Not that I am trying to knock you or your thoughts, I just don't get it...the one company that is #1 only came in to sell the energy or as they like to call it wings. It seems like every US ED must create a niche or some life style to sell drinks...Why? Why not have a brand that sells for the energy and let the flavor be a simple complement the beverage. I don't know about anyone here but when I hear people talking about Rage, I want to hear about how Bad A** the energy they got from it was.

scum1
08-18-2007, 04:33 AM
I know where you are coming from but to me there are times I want a a nice beverage that also gives me a boost. Other times I need serious energy and the flavor does not matter as much. Still it is a bonus if the drink taste good and if 2 drinks give similar energy then I'll choose the better tasting one.
With all the typical major market drinks the energy is so similar that then it all comes down to taste. When I'm having a busy hard day or I'm going for a bike ride or Run I like a powerful ED like Redline or Spike Shooter and taste is not as important. These drinks wire me up too much if I'm just sitting around and I don't drink them on a daily basis. These are 2 different catagories to me.

The Mother drink lasted the typical amount of time energy wise. Say like 4 hours. It was the only ED I drank tonight(on 12hr night shift).

What I don't understand is why and how can you just sit there and give your thoughts based on the flavor??? You guys have been in CSD to longÖ

Letís hear from you Scum, Fusion how was the energy? Did it last long? How long before you consumed another one or a different ED? This is what energy is made for not taste...or maybe itís got so little thatís the feeling the drink leaves you with " Like you just drank a 2.49 can of sodaĒ.... Nice

Not that I am trying to knock you or your thoughts, I just don't get it...the one company that is #1 only came in to sell the energy or as they like to call it wings. It seems like every US ED must create a niche or some life style to sell drinks...Why? Why not have a brand that sells for the energy and let the flavor be a simple complement the beverage. I don't know about anyone here but when I hear people talking about Rage, I want to hear about how Bad A** the energy they got from it was.

deepnenergy
08-18-2007, 04:23 PM
It is good to hear a real energy review... I am sorry to hear that for you to have a stronger ED you have to put up with a flavor that you may not enjoy as much. I would like to offer you a Rage Liquid Energy I believe you may enjoy it, if you care to try one just PM me with your info...

Again, Thanks Scum1 for your reply...

I know where you are coming from but to me there are times I want a a nice beverage that also gives me a boost. Other times I need serious energy and the flavor does not matter as much. Still it is a bonus if the drink taste good and if 2 drinks give similar energy then I'll choose the better tasting one.
With all the typical major market drinks the energy is so similar that then it all comes down to taste. When I'm having a busy hard day or I'm going for a bike ride or Run I like a powerful ED like Redline or Spike Shooter and taste is not as important. These drinks wire me up too much if I'm just sitting around and I don't drink them on a daily basis. These are 2 different catagories to me.

The Mother drink lasted the typical amount of time energy wise. Say like 4 hours. It was the only ED I drank tonight(on 12hr night shift).

fusion
08-24-2007, 06:46 PM
Finally tried this stuff today, seemed undercarbonated and a little bitter - but on a positive note, it's made with sucrose! Canned at plant HY, wherever that is.

Nick Laugher
08-25-2007, 11:59 AM
Can't wait til 'Mother' hits Canada!

And by the way, I just got samples of the new PJ Purple Label and I must say, it's excellent. A very robust grape/pear body with a hint of acai. It's delicious and packs a whallop too. I reccomend it wholeheartedly.

amyers
08-25-2007, 06:20 PM
The can says something about "Natural" doesn't it? Would that be why it uses Sucrose?

DGibb
08-26-2007, 10:57 AM
I tried this last night and I liked it. The Acai berry is something that has been really catching on in my area, and I must say, it is like a pomegranate-blueberry-cherry flavor. Tasty.

It had the standard Monster bite to it, just like all of the non-coffee Monster drinks. I am never really affected by supposed "energy boosts" is energy drinks, highly caffienated pop, or anything else that is supposed to keep me awake and alert, so I didn't notice any buzz.

I would buy it again, mainly for the flavor, and if I want to try to psychologically keep myself up.

deepnenergy
08-27-2007, 08:40 PM
There is no energy in it.....a couple b's nice job!

Here you have the perfect example of what the CSD companies are doing. I guess I could make a clear, cherry flavored soda and call it a cola, LOL

DGibb
08-29-2007, 09:01 AM
"Here you have the perfect example of what the CSD companies are doing. I guess I could make a clear, cherry flavored soda and call it a cola, LOL"

In this day and age, I wouldn't put it past them. I like energy drinks, but I don't really notice any energy difference. I just always assumed it was me; that I don't react to them well. But maybe they're just doing a bit of shifty advertising maybe...

Doesn't mean I'll stop drinking them, though :).