PDA

View Full Version : The world’s best beverage company poll

illusionh20
06-30-2007, 06:16 AM
“It’s a perfect match connecting the hottest active lifestyle brand with the full resources of the world’s best beverage company,” said J. Darius Bikoff, Glacéau founder and chief executive officer.

link (http://www.defsounds.com/news/view/1603-coca-cola-buys-5-cent-s-vitamin-water-5-pushes-album-back.html)

Lets put it to a Poll.....

fusion
06-30-2007, 07:02 AM
There should be a poll option for:

illusionh2o is STILL on his anti-Coke high horse?

Mr Zabe
06-30-2007, 07:36 AM
LMAO!!!!!
Funny Ha Ha :)

popologist
06-30-2007, 05:33 PM
if "best" is measured by sales, then, absolutely, coca-cola is the world's greatest beverage company. :)

Ram0n C0keah0lic
06-30-2007, 11:00 PM
I voted for the second option... I hope to be part of it someday...

CStoreCatMan
07-02-2007, 01:41 PM
This isn't much of a poll if there's only one company on it...

Is Coke the best BEVERAGE company? No chance. If the question was who is the biggest/best CARBONATED SOFT DRINK company than maybe so...

CStoreCatMan
07-02-2007, 01:44 PM
if "best" is measured by sales, then, absolutely, coca-cola is the world's greatest beverage company. :)

I would have agreed with your statement if you said best soft drink company in terms of sales...but Coke doesn't have a leg to stand on in every beverage category. So how could they be the best "beverage" company???

Ram0n C0keah0lic
07-02-2007, 03:04 PM
I would have agreed with your statement if you said best soft drink company in terms of sales...but Coke doesn't have a leg to stand on in every beverage category. So how could they be the best "beverage" company???

Coke IS the BEST beverage company in the world... period...

illusionh20
07-02-2007, 04:53 PM
There should be a poll option for:

illusionh2o is STILL on his anti-Coke high horse?

You got something against coke vegetarians? :rolleyes:

illusionh20
07-02-2007, 04:56 PM

One is not judged the best by sales in the beverage industry... My opinion..
Good to see the poll is active, democracy at its finest, I love BevNET.com :D

CStoreCatMan
07-02-2007, 04:58 PM

Your passion is admirable, but unfortunately there are little things called "facts" that have to come into play. The word BEVERAGE implies alot more than just soda. Coke is undoubtedly the largest and best selling soft drink maker, but let's look at water. Nestle and Pepsi products KILL the Coke water portfolio. Additionally, the tea category doesn't look good for Coke either....Lipton, Arizona and Snapple outsell Nestea and Gold Peak by huge leaps and bounds. Coffee...forget about it...Coke's not even a player.

So are we just ignoring these categories because they don't help Coke's position in this poll? Or do you not consider those products to be BEVERAGES??? Are we talking opinion or considering facts? Either way, this is entertaining.

popologist
07-02-2007, 05:10 PM
even considering all those things, coke is still the largest beverage company in the world... by far.

you can argue whether you like pepsi better than coke, but coke sells more beverages around the world... hands down.

illusionh20
07-02-2007, 05:15 PM
even considering all those things, coke is still the largest beverage company in the world... by far.

you can argue whether you like pepsi better than coke, but coke sells more beverages around the world... hands down.

Hmmm your arguing like coke is your wife!

Who is the best wife in the world??

Mine of course....

lol

popologist
07-02-2007, 11:07 PM
i was just stating a fact. coke sells more beverages than anybody.

illusionh20
07-04-2007, 10:39 PM
Soft drink makers are positioning themselves for a future that lies beyond the core category’s flat and declining sales. The CSD category’s two major players, The Coca-Cola Co. (No. 1 on the Top 100) and PepsiCo (No. 8 on the Top 100), are expanding their portfolios by acquiring smaller, up-and-coming alternative beverage companies — a trend that’s re-igniting the rivalry between the soft drink giants.

Coca-Cola made the latest move with its agreement to acquire No. 38 on the Top 100, Glacéau, the maker of the Vitaminwater, for $4.1 billion. The Glacéau deal comes on the heels of Coca-Cola’s acquisition of Fuze Beverage (No. 62 on the Top 100) earlier this year.

In addition to buying smaller companies, Coca-Cola also is making distribution deals to help the company bolster its image as a provider of healthier products. It just announced an agreement with No. 40 on the Top 100, Campbell Soup Co., to distribute V8 and Campbell’s juices.

http://www.bevindustry.com/content/BI/2007/06/img/specialreport.gif

The TOP 100 Beverage Companies

By JENNIFER KOROLISHIN

Link (http://www.bevindustry.com/content.php?s=BI/2007/06&p=9)