PDA

View Full Version : Is Pepsi Max an energy drink?

TheNOSDrinker
07-02-2007, 01:12 PM
So, Pepsi Max is pepsi with more caffeine than regular Pepsi (69mg per 12 oz.) and Ginseng. So would that classify it as an energy drink? I mean, It's more than just a high caffeine soda because of that.

CStoreCatMan
07-02-2007, 02:34 PM
So, Pepsi Max is pepsi with more caffeine than regular Pepsi (69mg per 12 oz.) and Ginseng. So would that classify it as an energy drink? I mean, It's more than just a high caffeine soda because of that.

No. First of all, the new product is Diet Pepsi Max...there is not a regular version. It is not an energy drink and has not/will not be positioned that way. It is marketed as an "invigorating cola." It quite simply has more caffeine than the standard cola offering and adds ginseng to further enhance the boost. But it is not an energy drink and you won't see it positioned that way.

Android
07-02-2007, 07:00 PM
Yeah, I agree. It's more of a hybrid, splitting the difference between a diet cola and an energy drink. If Pepsi was going to push it as a true energy drink I think there would be two differences - 1. it would have more extra "stuff" in it, and 2. it wouldn't be sold in the same 12packs (and other packagings) and at the same price as their other sodas.
-Andy

iPwnd
07-03-2007, 01:12 AM
Having lived in europe, i drank pepsi max. I was originally made because of some new ingredient that mixed witht the aspartame to make it sweeter like pepsi one or something. The caffeine and extra stuff was pepsi way of introducing it to the americas

BriGuy20
07-03-2007, 04:29 PM
12 oz. of Pepsi Max has 69mg of Caffeine, 8.3 oz. of Red Bull has 80.

Approaching ED territory, but still not quite there IMHO.

CStoreCatMan
07-10-2007, 04:35 PM
True. However, products like Jolt cola have high caffeine content and have never been considered energy drinks. Neither is Diet Pepsi Max. In my opinion, this product is a great idea as more people are watching their waistlines but still want to drink CSD's. One of my good friends was quite intrigued by the idea as he and his wife want to watch their calorie intakes, but they are CSD and caffeine junkies. He really wanted to give it a try...I'll ask him if he did and what he thought of it.