PDA

View Full Version : when do we get caffeine-free coke zero?

popologist
07-03-2007, 05:59 PM
i can drink coke zero all day, but... not too close to bedtime. so, when is coke going to reward us with caffeine-free coke zero? are there any rumors?

ScottyLibido
07-03-2007, 08:40 PM
Ironically, I was in Super WalMart last night and saw what I thought was Caffeine Free Coke Zero from FAR away. I hustled over to the shelf only to discover it was actually new packaging for the reg Caffeine Free Coke. After all that heart-racing, I didn't need the caffeine :)

Mana211
07-05-2007, 11:41 AM
Dunno, When is Dr. Pepper going to make a Zero equivalent?

Shall we run a pool on which will happen first?

Android
07-05-2007, 12:24 PM
Dunno, When is Dr. Pepper going to make a Zero equivalent?

Why would they bother? unless it's just a name change. Diet Dr Pepper already tastes pretty darn good and is pretty similar to the original drink.
Not like Diet Coke which doesn't taste like Coke at all and CZ which does.
-Andy

Lepke
07-05-2007, 01:30 PM
This is bazaar.
People rushing over in the hopes of finding caffeine free coke zero as if it’s a great find.
It’s bad enough the stuff taste awful but now you want to take out the only refreshing quality the product had.

Are you people old, infirmed or diabetic? Why would you want to drink diet soda anyway? Who drinks caffeine free colas?

Do you people sit down at the table with a big piece of cake or greasy French fries and drink diet soda?

The funniest thing is people who eat high fat high calorie foods with a diet coke.

If you are going to take out the sugar and replace it with some nasty artificial sweetener and then take out the caffeine then why drink cola at all?

If you need to get excited at the prospect caffeine free coke zero then you should get a life.

Caffeine free coke zero would have zero redeeming qualities. As it is caffeine is the only thing the product has going for it.

popologist
07-05-2007, 01:30 PM
i agree with android. "zero" is a coke thing. and, like he said, most people think diet dr pepper tastes good the way it is. in fact, until coke zero and cherry coke zero came out, diet dr pepper was probably the best tasting major label sugar-free soda.

i hope we see a caffeine-free coke zero sometime this year.

mjb1124
07-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Lepke, has it ever occurred to you that maybe some people like the taste of cola, and Coke Zero in particular? And that some people may want to be able to enjoy that taste without getting a "buzz"? For you, the caffeine may be the only redeeming quality, but for me, it's the one thing that keeps me from being a regular Coke Zero drinker.

Also, I don't always drink Coke Zero with unhealthy food, and when I do, it's not because I think it'll magically make the meal healthy. I just don't feel the need to consume more empty calories from a liquid, and am glad there's a way to enjoy the Coke taste I love without those calories.

Maybe you're the one who needs to "get a life" if you're getting all riled up over something as silly as what people choose to drink. By the way, it's "bizarre", not "bazaar".

Mr Zabe
07-05-2007, 05:06 PM
I for one pretty much agree with Lepke.
I would also say that each to his own.
Chill. :) LOL I consider myself smart but I spell
like a 8 year old. LOL

popologist
07-06-2007, 12:00 AM
coke zero tastes like regular coke to me... especially with food. so i don't even bother buying regular coke anymore. so, really, i don't even see it as a compromise. i just like coke zero.

as for a caffeine-free version.... no, i am not diabetic, or old, or sick. but, there are lots of americans who are, and they, too, might need a caffeine free version. there are a lot of people with health conditions, where it is recommended that they not drink caffeine.

finally... after reading lepke's post... i might suggest he cut down on the caffeine a little. what was THAT about?!? ;)

Android
07-06-2007, 09:00 AM
I see something of a demand for other caffiene-free sodas out there, not a big demand but some. Me, when I'm working, it's 7 days straight of 12 hour shifts and when I get home from work I don't do a whole lot more than just sleep. So before I go to bed, I don't drink anything with caffeine in it. So I'll drink things like diet root beer, diet 7-up, and caffeine-free diet Dr Pepper. If they had a Caffiene Free Coke Cherry Zero I'd probably try it, but that would be about the only time I think I'd drink it.
-Andy

illusionh20
07-06-2007, 12:34 PM
This is bazaar.
People rushing over in the hopes of finding caffeine free coke zero as if itís a great find.
Itís bad enough the stuff taste awful but now you want to take out the only refreshing quality the product had.

Are you people old, infirmed or diabetic? Why would you want to drink diet soda anyway? Who drinks caffeine free colas?

Do you people sit down at the table with a big piece of cake or greasy French fries and drink diet soda?

The funniest thing is people who eat high fat high calorie foods with a diet coke.

If you are going to take out the sugar and replace it with some nasty artificial sweetener and then take out the caffeine then why drink cola at all?

If you need to get excited at the prospect caffeine free coke zero then you should get a life.

Caffeine free coke zero would have zero redeeming qualities. As it is caffeine is the only thing the product has going for it.

I see you represent the highly educated and cultured part of the American population, good observations and well documented. :)

taestell
07-07-2007, 06:25 PM
I don't see Coke releasing a Caffeine-Free Coke Zero because it doesn't make sense for the demographic Coke is aiming for. Coke Zero is supposed to aimed at a younger male demographic while Diet Coke is primarily aimed at women or older people. Coke doesn't really have a real reason to release a caffeine-free version of the "hip" Zero, as the majority of people who want one are probably happy with Caffeine-Free Diet Coke.

Mana211
07-08-2007, 12:32 AM
I don't see Coke releasing a Caffeine-Free Coke Zero because it doesn't make sense for the demographic Coke is aiming for. Coke Zero is supposed to aimed at a younger male demographic while Diet Coke is primarily aimed at women or older people. Coke doesn't really have a real reason to release a caffeine-free version of the "hip" Zero, as the majority of people who want one are probably happy with Caffeine-Free Diet Coke.

Why are people always so happy to tell me why I shouldn't want something?

I drink Caffeine Free Diet Coke and I almost always think about coke zero when I take that first sip of each can. I've tasted better and now know it can be done. There is no going back.

Say what you want about Diet Dr. Pepper as well. I've tasted C2, Coke Zero, coke with cane sugar, and coke with HFCS. It's very easy for me to tell them apart blind taste test, double blind, I don't care, I do notice the difference in sweeteners.

So if some MBA at coke or dr. pepper wants to talk about demographics or sales ratios or some such and ignore the customer requests they can just lose sales to other companies that will pay attention.

popologist
07-08-2007, 07:05 AM

I drink Caffeine Free Diet Coke and I almost always think about coke zero when I take that first sip of each can. I've tasted better and now know it can be done. There is no going back.

Say what you want about Diet Dr. Pepper as well. I've tasted C2, Coke Zero, coke with cane sugar, and coke with HFCS. It's very easy for me to tell them apart blind taste test, double blind, I don't care, I do notice the difference in sweeteners.

So if some MBA at coke or dr. pepper wants to talk about demographics or sales ratios or some such and ignore the customer requests they can just loose sales to other companies that will pay attention.

AMEN, MANA! ;)

i buy caffeine-free diet coke as well and... i do the same thing when i take that first sip... i think "i wish this were coke zero". i even emailed coca-cola asking them to create a caffeine-free version.

i think they'll listen. i wouldn't be surprised if we get it sometime this year or early next year.

taestell
01-25-2009, 01:09 PM

So if some MBA at coke or dr. pepper wants to talk about demographics or sales ratios or some such and ignore the customer requests they can just lose sales to other companies that will pay attention.

I'm not saying you shouldn't want it. I'm saying Coke probably won't release it because they don't see a strong demand for it. Unfortunately that is how business is done these days.

XLS_04
01-26-2009, 01:20 AM
Caffeine Free Coke is not a big seller nationally, it is basically offered in supermarkets because of health reasons, and the product will never be discontinued no matter how it's sales are.

Dewman1979
01-27-2009, 04:51 PM
caffeine free cola is the stupidest idea for a beverage. Well...that and non-alcohol beer.

popologist
01-27-2009, 06:31 PM
actually, i read before that CF Diet Coke is one of the best sellers and is always within reach of the Top 10. i mean, keep in mind that 1% market share in the bevarage market is hundreds of MILLIONS of dollars. only a handful, hold more that 1% market share... most of which are by Coke and Pepsi (and Dr Pepper).

Caffeine Free Coke is not a big seller nationally, it is basically offered in supermarkets because of health reasons, and the product will never be discontinued no matter how it's sales are.

fusion
01-27-2009, 06:57 PM
In my experience, caffeine free diets outsell caffeine free regulars, anyway. Look at the availability of CF Diet Dr Pepper vs. CF Dr Pepper. Or the packages CF Coke is in (2L and 12 pack only for us) versus the wide number of packages CF Diet is in. Or the fact that there is a CF Diet Cheerwine, but no CF regular.

popologist
01-27-2009, 10:22 PM
Yeah. That makes sense. After all, most people who drink a caffeine-free beverage are doing it for help reasons... which would also likely cutting out sugar/corn syrup.

In my experience, caffeine free diets outsell caffeine free regulars, anyway. Look at the availability of CF Diet Dr Pepper vs. CF Dr Pepper. Or the packages CF Coke is in (2L and 12 pack only for us) versus the wide number of packages CF Diet is in. Or the fact that there is a CF Diet Cheerwine, but no CF regular.

billygtexas
01-27-2009, 11:09 PM
They'd only make a Caffeine free Coke Zero if Zero overtakes Diet Coke in sales. Which I hope it eventfully does.

XLS_04
01-28-2009, 12:33 AM
actually, i read before that CF Diet Coke is one of the best sellers and is always within reach of the Top 10. i mean, keep in mind that 1% market share in the bevarage market is hundreds of MILLIONS of dollars. only a handful, hold more that 1% market share... most of which are by Coke and Pepsi (and Dr Pepper).

sorry I mean Caffeine Free regular Coke.