PDA

View Full Version : Black Cherry soda

Psycho Penguin
07-10-2007, 04:22 PM
I have become addicted to black cherry soda lately. Unfortunately, only the local supermarket here sells it, and it's their brand. And they only sell it in cans, not 2 liter bottles.

I then realized that Fresca makes a Black Cherry soda, but it's called citrus so I am worried about the taste. Has anyone tried it and is it worth 3.33 for a 12 pack (the supermarket brand tastes great and is only 2 bucks a 12 pack but is a much further trip than where I can get the Fresca).

Or is there any other kinds of black cherry soda I can investigate? I don't think any major bottler makes one..

Dr. Galaga
07-10-2007, 07:01 PM
Do you have Boylan's or Faygo products around you?

fusion
07-10-2007, 07:12 PM
I live in the black cherry mecca. It's a big Philadelphia flavor, so I could probably find ten versions of it around here.

Coke even had a Fanta Black Cherry for a short while.

Tannerman
07-10-2007, 08:28 PM
Do you have Boylan's or Faygo products around you?I second the vote on Boylan's. Good stuff (http://forums.tannerworld.com/showthread.php?t=8706). If you don't have it around you, you can order it via Amazon.

Splashofdew
07-10-2007, 09:37 PM
Stewart's has a awesome black cherry. I get it everytime I go to a certain restuarant in my neighborhood. It's not too sweet. I think it's great.

DrPepperYummy
07-11-2007, 04:03 PM
Or is there any other kinds of black cherry soda I can investigate? I don't think any major bottler makes one..

Diet Rite black cherry...

Soda-MN-Good
07-11-2007, 05:57 PM
I have on hand in black cherry:

Boylan's
Hank's Gourmet
Henry Weinhard's
IBC
Stewart's
The Switch

and a bunch of others I can't think of, if you'd like, i can put a case of 24 different brands together and ship them to you.

DGibb
07-12-2007, 04:24 AM
I love IBC Black Cherry (as well as their Cherry Cola), Boylan's, and Faygo. I tried the Fresca, but it just tasted, well, off. It was as if the diet part was stronger because of it...

If you can get IBC, do it!

Psycho Penguin
07-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Wow, I forgot about IBC.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I don't think there's Faygo around here any more but I will hit the dollar stores late rto make sure.