07-11-2007, 07:31 AM
It was worth the wait.:)
Once again your road trip
collection bounties are priceless.
Just awesome!
Thanks for posting the pix.

amyers
07-11-2007, 10:58 AM
I wish I could of made it to the national convention, oh well. Do you come to Springtime in Atlanta?

wonkapete
07-11-2007, 11:25 AM
Yes, I'll be there. Will be at the next National next year too.

Will you be in Springtime?

amyers
07-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Yes, I'll be there. Will be at the next National next year too.

Will you be in Springtime?

Yes, I've been going to Springtime in Atlanta since 1994 or 1995. It's always great to get together with fellow CCCC members and get a few new things for your collection.

Where is the convention next year? Last time I went to the National Convention was in Atlanta. Also, did you go to the Collectors Classic at the World of Coca-Cola?

wonkapete
07-11-2007, 03:03 PM
No, didn't go to the classic. Next year, the National will be in Grapevine, TX. It's also being held at a Gaylord hotel. Very nice.

jacksmom
07-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Excellent collection! Thanks for sharing the pics!

amyers
07-11-2007, 06:07 PM
No, didn't go to the classic. Next year, the National will be in Grapevine, TX. It's also being held at a Gaylord hotel. Very nice.

Eh. Nashville is alot closer than TX, I guess I wont be going next year either.

drpep
07-11-2007, 09:31 PM
What's the story on the Mr M soda? Is it a store brand?
Welcome back.

wonkapete
07-11-2007, 10:17 PM
Yea, the M soda is from a Mapco convenience store. I'd never seen one. I tried the cola and it was very good. Not bad for $.99.

BhamCokeman
07-11-2007, 10:44 PM
2/3 energy and 99 cents whats your flavor C plast. considering thats 2 of our summer promos, and we have signs just like that. I also noticed you did go through Bham because of the Vulcan Beverage billboard. I sure hope none of my signs are missing out there.:)

wonkapete
07-11-2007, 11:09 PM
If you had went to the convention, you would have seen a lot more. They do sell those drinks elsewhere. You should get out more.

BhamCokeman
07-12-2007, 10:02 PM
them signs were screen printed in Birmingham for us. THe energy one especially. Not many Coke bottlers around my man that carries all them flavors. And like I said, I notice from alot of photos of your billboards you came through Birmingham. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you didnt cut them down at a store though. Just a coincidence I suppose.

wonkapete
07-12-2007, 11:34 PM
I went to a Coca-Cola convention!! Geez.. I sat with Phil Mooney at one of the functions. Do you know who that is?? How about Helen Nash? They throw away these signs that you are so worried about. I don't know about Birmingham but in my city I can go by the local plant and pick up these type of signs brand new. Ever how many I want. Even store managers give them away. I guess your area is more strict.

Coke was at the convention giving out tons of freebies to over 1000 collectors from all over the world. They promote and urge people to collect their items, to help preserve their history. That's what I have done for the past 22 years. I'm also a stockholder.

After all, I paid $1300 for a prototype Coke can that belonged to Sergio Zyman. Do you know him?? Probably not. This was from his personal collection.

I'm there to promote and preserve the history of the company, to volunteer and to assist with anything they need and you accuse me of taking one of YOUR signs? A sign that goes into the dumpster?

I see you are just a junior member here and have a lot to learn but you need to learn some history about your company and be more open about promoting the company's image instead of pointing fingers. I urge you to go read about Mr. Mooney and Mr. Zyman. Great men from your company. Helen Nash is also a wonderful person.

I plan on leaving my 20,000+ bottle collection to the Coca-Cola archives. They have all been super and inviting anytime we discuss the collection. It's sad to meet an employee such as yourself that portrays a bad image on the company.

For the past 5 years this forum has been a great place to share stories, pictures and information but lately it has gone downhill. I'll back out and let you new guys have it. See you Zabe, DrPep, Ramon, Fusion, and others. You've been great friends.

Hopefully it'll get better on here. I'll email you guys when I get my museum built. I purchased additional land last month and working on blueprints now. Later!

Mr Zabe
07-13-2007, 01:35 PM
Wonkapete is a true historian of the soda pop industry.
He has devoted himself to the preservation of artifacts
related to the soda pop industry. He does not steal,
he does not have too. WP knows that a man's word is his
bond.

WP has freely shared his collection with this board. His road
trip photos are a soda pop freaks feast! It's a shame
questions that might challenge WP's character, could not
have been asked via off the board messaging. A little respect
and common courtesy for a senior board member seems reasonable,NO?

Too bad, our loss.:(

BhamCokeman
07-13-2007, 06:19 PM
and he took it the wrong way and wanted to tell me I needed to get out more. I apologize if it was intended the wrong way. All yall can get on here and cut and when I make a joke, I'm calling out someone saying they are stealing a sign. Maybe someone needs to lighten up somewhere. Lord forbid I run someone of your board. I work myself to death sometimes 14 hours a day, putting out the stuff you collect. I put out the new product like New Coke, that Mr Zyman proudly Introduced like New Coke(yeah Im not as stupid as you think I am. Heck maybe I can even send you your 20,001 item for you for your great museum. I am far from a bad image for my company and find that comment just offensive you found mine. If he wants to post, I'll leave here and my life will go on I do believe.