PDA

View Full Version : WORST Energy Drink You've Tasted?!

DrPprLvr
07-15-2007, 05:04 AM
For me it was the Von Dutch closely followed by the TAB energy drink. :eek:
Personally Von Dutch had one of the worse smells I've ever encountered. Everyone at work hated even showing up on the days when it would be produced, because of the smell!
What's the worse you've experienced?

BluejacketT
07-15-2007, 06:27 AM
I would the say energy drink I've tasted was Steven Seagal's Lightning Bolt Energy Drink (both flavors) followed by Red Bull.

boodoo
07-15-2007, 11:21 AM
Kronik hands down. Some weird grapefruit flavor. Just plain bad.

iPwnd
07-15-2007, 09:23 PM
diesel and frigid dog

bigdirty
07-16-2007, 10:01 AM
Tropical Fanstasy was terrible, and the 24:7 low carb is almost as hideous.

jacksmom
07-16-2007, 10:38 AM
Sobe Superman - tasted exactly like Robitussin!

ehinkes
07-16-2007, 01:18 PM
Definitely Hansen's Deuce though El Popo is pretty darn bad:

Taurine Rules - Energy Drink Reviews: THE BLACK LIST (http://taurinerules.blogspot.com/2006/04/black-list.html)

scum1
07-16-2007, 01:33 PM
Definitely Hansen's Deuce though El Popo is pretty darn bad:

Taurine Rules - Energy Drink Reviews: THE BLACK LIST (http://taurinerules.blogspot.com/2006/04/black-list.html)

Powerhorse is awful I must say. So are you ever gonna update your blog ehinkes?

deepnenergy
07-16-2007, 03:46 PM
IMO... It's not the taste why someone would buy an ED, it's the energy. Although taste does have something to do with getting it down, I do agree to that point. My question to the board is Why would you pay From 1.99 to 2.99 for taste??? Is the consumer stuck to such a "KISS" way of thinking one would buy an Energy beverage simply based on the taste?

Maybe someone should make a soda to taste like energy SRP it at 1.99 and label it Energy based on the fact they put caffeine and sugar in it........WOW what margins that would be....

I have had a few bad tasting EDs but it was the lack of energy that let me down the most, was not worth the $ or time as we all have found once or twice.

Ron Swedelson
07-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Dynamite is probably the worst I have tasted, follow by 180 and Full Throttle.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
07-16-2007, 04:15 PM
The abosolute worst energy drink i have tried was Clamato Energia. Yuck.

ehinkes
07-16-2007, 07:44 PM
Powerhorse is awful I must say. So are you ever gonna update your blog ehinkes?

Starting Saturday. Tons of new ones. I have not been idle!

illusionh20
07-16-2007, 09:15 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1246/832050653_df132f1393.jpg

Wild Nrg = tastebuds suicide

scum1
07-16-2007, 10:15 PM
Well it is surely a plus if it taste good. If there are 2 drinks with equal kick you would choose the better tasting one. Really if it is a 16 oz drink you would want decent taste. If all you want is kick then just take some energy pills washed down with a good tasting drink.

IMO... It's not the taste why someone would buy an ED, it's the energy. Although taste does have something to do with getting it down, I do agree to that point. My question to the board is Why would you pay From 1.99 to 2.99 for taste??? Is the consumer stuck to such a "KISS" way of thinking one would buy an Energy beverage simply based on the taste?

Maybe someone should make a soda to taste like energy SRP it at 1.99 and label it Energy based on the fact they put caffeine and sugar in it........WOW what margins that would be....

I have had a few bad tasting EDs but it was the lack of energy that let me down the most, was not worth the $ or time as we all have found once or twice.

illusionh20
07-17-2007, 11:09 AM
The experience was so bad it gave me amnesia.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/244/451086069_fc183df4d2.jpg

My Flickr comment:

No wonder the guy serving me at the shop had a smirk on his face. This "toxic" undrinkable medicine needs to be fed through a transfusion tube. Sanyo Pharmaceutical have done a great job of concocting the worst tasting "Energy Drink" on the planet. The name sounds like the noise when you spit it out "whisbih". I was told that this drink is popular amongst the blue collar workers, I have no idea why but I am assuming that the ingredients have some positive effect. More Research is needed into this product to come to a conclusive conclusion.

WARNING: Only for the adventurous !

I could not finish it, the label is made of paper and due to the humidity it just absorbs moisture, hence the damaged look.

deepnenergy
07-17-2007, 12:55 PM
Well it is surely a plus if it taste good. If there are 2 drinks with equal kick you would choose the better tasting one. Really if it is a 16 oz drink you would want decent taste. If all you want is kick then just take some energy pills washed down with a good tasting drink.

I do agree that if there are two of the same you would take the better tasting one but what I am saying some of these drinks are not worth even trying, if one would look at the back of the can. Why would someone spend 2.29 or higher on something that has less energy in it than a Vault or Tab. A lot of these companies create their drinks based on ingredients cost vs. margins. Only because they (SRP) sell for 1.99 there called Premium, while real beverages that have a real amount of energy like Rage, Spike, and a couple others get labeled extreme, while in truth they just give you what you need in one can rather than chasing a crash all day buying 2 or 3 or even 4 a day. That's and extra 10.00+ a day I save by buying an ED that really has the needed ingredients to get you through a day, 10.00+ for this never ending fuel price surge.

If they took all the energy drinks and priced them according to each EDs energy content rather then category, taste, or WOW what a cool looking can...IMO there would be a lot more "Value" brands on the shelf and a lot less brands in the market.

scum1
07-17-2007, 04:42 PM
O you are so right to read the label. I'll see some that really only have a little to no energy ingredients( I won't mention names) but there are some that are just overpriced crappy sodas

I do agree that if there are two of the same you would take the better tasting one but what I am saying some of these drinks are not worth even trying, if one would look at the back of the can. Why would someone spend 2.29 or higher on something that has less energy in it than a Vault or Tab. A lot of these companies create their drinks based on ingredients cost vs. margins. Only because they (SRP) sell for 1.99 there called Premium, while real beverages that have a real amount of energy like Rage, Spike, and a couple others get labeled extreme, while in truth they just give you what you need in one can rather than chasing a crash all day buying 2 or 3 or even 4 a day. That's and extra 10.00+ a day I save by buying an ED that really has the needed ingredients to get you through a day, 10.00+ for this never ending fuel price surge.

If they took all the energy drinks and priced them according to each EDs energy content rather then category, taste, or WOW what a cool looking can...IMO there would be a lot more "Value" brands on the shelf and a lot less brands in the market.

deepnenergy
07-17-2007, 05:11 PM
O you are so right to read the label. I'll see some that really only have a little to no energy ingredients( I won't mention names) but there are some that are just overpriced crappy sodas

Right, I'm happy to hear someone understands true energy...

So has anyone ever had the pleasure of trying a beverage called "Rage Liquid Energy"?

Android
07-17-2007, 06:02 PM
For me, the "first was the worst" - Red Bull, over 6 years ago. It soured me so much on energy drinks that I never really got into them, and I think pre-disposed me to dislike most e-drinks in general since then.
-Andy

JMHX316
07-17-2007, 10:13 PM
Bawls Sugar Free, easy...

bill
07-18-2007, 07:22 PM
NOS, I don't care for passion fruit flavored anything. Tastes close to grapefruit juice which I don't like either, but passion fruit is much worse.

Don't care much for Full Throttle either for that matter.

BriGuy20
07-19-2007, 04:35 AM
SoBe Adrenaline Rush. AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL Grapefruit taste.

Also not a huge fan of Full Throttle, too bland for me.

fusion
07-21-2007, 02:17 AM
I tried a Ripit limewrecker today - simply horrible.

scum1
07-21-2007, 12:31 PM
It is very limey. I enjoyed it myself. The whole ripit line is good I think. They have a wide variety of flavors.

I tried a Ripit limewrecker today - simply horrible.

scum1
07-21-2007, 06:33 PM
Got around to drinking half of the Nuspeed energy drink. Watermelon flavor. Tasted ok but had the worse after taste I have tried. I could only drink it by eating something between swallows to get rid of the awful taste,

garr
07-23-2007, 11:17 AM
crunk hands down. but SF von dutch, superman, arizona extreme shot,duff, nintendo power up,hot,starbucks double shot,sentinel, jump, sparks, sobe gold.

garr
07-23-2007, 11:18 AM
SoBe Adrenaline Rush. AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL Grapefruit taste.

Also not a huge fan of Full Throttle, too bland for me.

have to disagree there adrenaline rush is great.

bigdirty
08-09-2007, 01:36 PM
I must amend my selection - at first I said Tropical Fantasy, and then it was a toss up between TF and 24:7 - but today I got a can of Howling Monkey, and good god did it beat them hands down!

rackitup
08-09-2007, 10:53 PM
howling monkey

MERVERNATOR
08-10-2007, 09:10 PM
I never really got over the shock my mouth received from Hemp... and I never gave it another fair try after that day... I still have 2 cans left too.

HEMP Picture... - (http://www.mervernation.com/cgi-bin/apl.cgi?/pics/hempsoda.jpg)

BluejacketT
08-18-2007, 04:07 PM
Another ED (besides Steven Seagal's Lighting Bolt) I thought was really bad was the Stacker 2 YJ Stinger Chronic Cola Energy Drink.

deepnenergy
08-18-2007, 08:49 PM
Another ED (besides Steven Seagal's Lighting Bolt) I thought was really bad was the Stacker 2 YJ Stinger Chronic Cola Energy Drink.

Where did you see Chronic Cola Energy Drink???

BluejacketT
08-19-2007, 03:31 AM
At Big Lots.

ehinkes
08-20-2007, 07:32 PM
gotta agree on the seagal and the stinger stacker drinks. Horrible

scum1
08-20-2007, 08:47 PM
The cola stinger was awful but I liked the rasberry and the punch ok. I think everyone agrees of the Segal one though. Now if there was just a Chuck Norris ED!

gotta agree on the seagal and the stinger stacker drinks. Horrible

BigJayMiller
08-20-2007, 10:11 PM
im pretty sure sysmo was the worst one i have ever tryed. its an organic energy drink. ill drink anything, but not that.

energydrinkratings
08-22-2007, 09:29 PM
Stinger drinks are pretty bad, so was blow and some of the Kronik Energy Drink lineup (tastes like pine needles)

Mister-Eyebrow
08-23-2007, 05:42 PM
"Xtreme energy"... it was more of an xtreme trap

halloaaryn
08-30-2007, 01:59 AM
Red Bull, Rockstar, and NOS

gag.

OH and the SOBE ESSENTIAL ENERGY orange

BLEH!!

Nick Laugher
08-30-2007, 10:07 AM
Diet Rockstar... tastes like urine and battery acid.

BigJayMiller
08-30-2007, 05:35 PM
people, have any of you tryed sysmo, the organic energy drink? i implore you, try it and wince! it is repulsive, pugnatious, repugnant, putrid, and finally, some would describe it as atrocious.

boodoo
08-31-2007, 05:17 PM
In hindsight I should have opened my truck window and thrown my $2 out....instead I spent it on Howling Monkey. Pathetic...absolutely pathetic.

da man
06-25-2008, 04:52 PM
The 2 nastiest I've tried are Red Bull and the now-defunct KMX.

egdude
06-25-2008, 05:13 PM
The absolute worst energy drink i have tried was Clamato Energia. Yuck.

I agree. I have tried hundreds of energy drinks and this has got to be one of the worst energy drinks I have ever tasted. I always drink the entire can before adding it to my collection no matter how bad it tastes, but with this one was an exception. The Cocaine energy drink is up there as well. Yet it's still quite popular..

emptyfree
06-27-2008, 11:14 PM
Whoever mention that 24:7 low carb or sugar free is right on the money. The most rancid energy drink I ever tried. Put me off that brand entirely.

"Hi Ball" from Whole Foods caught me off guard. I was tempted by the "10 calories" in big letters, but realized only after the first sip that it was energy SPARKLING water... quite different from the mountain dew/red bull/carbonated methadone soda flavor I was expecting.

ctdummy
06-28-2008, 09:32 AM

I completely agree! I recently looked up different items in energy drinks to see what they do for you.

Taurine is a nice amino acid that gives you a boost but a rough crash and originated from Ox or Bull Bile....
Guarana is a herbal extract that is chemically equivalent to caffiene. I also does some good things for you as well but is reported to still give you a pretty hefty crash.

The best energy drinks that I have had as far as giving me energy has been those with the vitamin B12. Spike Shooter has 1500 mcg of B12 and it gives me all day energy and has a great taste to boot. The Orange Gold flavor especially. If you are looking for alot of energy and a great taste, try Spike. Just read the can and its warnings first.

.jrauck
07-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Definitely would be Clamato, followed by Sentinel.

ctdummy
07-11-2008, 12:04 AM
I never tried Clamato and have never even heard of Sentinel. Thanks to this post, I most likely will not try Clamato... that and it sounds like it would taste horrible. I just tried Inked, which is 7-11 brand energy drink, it was not terrible but I will stick with Spike. Also tried Venom, awesome packaging but it does not make up for the taste.

ehinkes
07-11-2008, 11:37 AM
I know that I should not want to try it, but where can I get Sentinel?

MobiusOne
07-19-2008, 11:18 PM
I disagree with a lot of these, I like them. There are the others which i definitely agree with, though. TAB is bad, Rawlings tastes like dill pickles, and clamato nearly made me puke. I don't like any of the rip-its, or anything that tastes like them, too sweet maybe? Also, anything that comes in those 2oz. shots, blech.

Voernix
07-20-2008, 12:33 AM
Ew the mocha monster one. Absolutely disgusting!

daysleeper
08-09-2008, 04:37 PM
Vegas Fuel...barf:eek:

E-Ratings
08-13-2008, 11:20 AM
Ephedra tea had a nasty taste to it. But I don't think they make it anymore.

Caffeine King
08-16-2008, 08:31 AM
Either Raw Attitude powered by socko or 5 Hour energy Berry for me.

andrewcm2
08-22-2008, 03:22 AM
i'm gonna say Blade was pretty awful. but cocaine is the worst. doesn't keep me from drinking cocaine though, i like the way it makes me feel.

ehinkes
08-22-2008, 01:53 PM
I have to agree on the 5 Hour Energy Berry it was pretty gross.