Doug

DrPepperYummy
07-20-2007, 11:45 AM
Why doesn't Nestle(ice Mountain,Deer Park,Zephyrhills etc)or other
bottled water companies offer flavored water.The only ones are
Desani(coca cola brand) Aquafina(pepsi brand) and then there is
Propel which is a gatorade brand.

Doug

Not only do many offer flavored waters, but now they offer vitamin enriched waters, along with several companies now offering tea's in multipacks... Many places might not yet carry it because they are trying to figure out how to address space allocation in stores and where to place them along with who's they will carry... plus stores just don't like doing resets with everyone coming out with new items every day practically. (most places seem to have set planograms you don't just slot it in as you come up with new items, things have to go and fee's have to be paid to get them in, and really where are they gonna put it with things overstuffed already?)

Mr Zabe
07-20-2007, 12:17 PM
Demand at the retail level will usually negate existing planograms.
IMHO.....Flavored water is not in high demand. At least in my limited
experience at grocery and a mega grocery stores; cases of water
(spring and purified) are flying out the stores. Propel does well too.
Other flavored waters IMO do not seem to do that much.

Granted this is just my limited experience.

fusion
07-20-2007, 01:31 PM
The solution is to then take away space from shrinking categories and reallocate it to the growing water category.

Nestle does have flavored waters, a whole line of them, in fact. They even have some green tea waters.

New Flavors, EcoShape and Green Tea Refreshers (http://www.nestle-purelife.us/flavors/default2.asp)

Coke and Pepsi also have lines of flavored waters.

Some c-store chains also have their own private label versions, I know Wawa does around here.

Wallyworld also sells a ton of their flavored waters - though they are carbonated. And most grocery store chains carry at least some form of them as well, in 1 liter bottles, mostly.

fusion
07-20-2007, 01:33 PM
Propel isn't really a flavored water, it's more like a low-calorie sports drink. Coke's answer to that product is Powerade Option.

scum1
07-20-2007, 02:27 PM
Picked up some fruit 2 0 just this week.
Fruit 2 0 (http://www.kraftfoods.com/fruit2o)

It's flavored and enhanced. I went with the energy raspberry flavored with B vitamins and caffeine(of course)

BriGuy20
07-20-2007, 06:20 PM
Propel isn't really a flavored water, it's more like a low-calorie sports drink. Coke's answer to that product is Powerade Option.

I'd say 10 calories a serving puts it right at the cusp between flavored water and low-calorie sports drink. It really doesn't offer enough electrolytes to (IMO) be truly considered a sports drink.

I think you'll see more and more space being devoted to waters (bottled and flavored) since it's one of the few areas of soft drink sales that's actually growing.