PDA

View Full Version : Seattle - MEXICAN COKE cases @ Costco

davecfprez
07-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Just back from Federal Way Costco where they have Mexican Coke 355ml bottles to buy in cases of 24 for $17.99

Get 'em while they're there.

dave

Ram0n C0keah0lic
07-25-2007, 12:20 AM
ˇBuen Provecho! :D

shadowlp06
07-25-2007, 01:00 AM
Would you mind sending me some if I paid? No sign of it at Costco here in Utah.

jmyjunk
07-25-2007, 12:51 PM
It's boggling my mind why Coca Cola here in the US will not make a cane sugared version of Coke Classic. There is enough of a demanded, where now large stores such as Costco and Wal Mart are bringing cases in from importers.
Are local Coke reps doing enough to get a US made cane sugar version on the market?

bigrich
07-27-2007, 12:20 AM
I believe more Coca-Cola bottlers will make the switch after Jan. 1st when the Sugar tariffs are lifted and Mexican sugar will invade the market. Corn Syrup is quickly becoming too expensive to use and I predict that when the contacts with ADM come up for renewal they will make the switch. I say this as I sit here drinking an Arbarta Sucrose Coca-Cola Cherry. I heard from a CCE driver that the Mexican Coke in the NR bottlers is not coming from Importers but actually CCE is importing it themselves.

davecfprez
08-04-2007, 08:46 PM
my wife HATES the sugar in glass coke. She prefers the cans as they seem to have that alum. can twang... heheh

dave

KanKing
08-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Sounds like your wife is a real classy woman. You just can't beat the aluminum flavor from an honest to goodness can!

fusion
08-08-2007, 09:44 PM
I contribute to a site called upcdatabase.com. In their latest submissions, they have a 16.9oz Mexican Coke UPC. standard 12 digit American UPC with 049000 as the first six digits.

UPC Database: Item Record (http://www.upcdatabase.com/item.asp?upc=0049000047790)

Wally1912
08-09-2007, 02:41 PM
I contribute to a site called upcdatabase.com. In their latest submissions, they have a 16.9oz Mexican Coke UPC. standard 12 digit American UPC with 049000 as the first six digits.

UPC Database: Item Record (http://www.upcdatabase.com/item.asp?upc=0049000047790)

Does this confirm what bigrich mentioned earlier?

I heard from a CCE driver that the Mexican Coke in the NR bottlers is not coming from Importers but actually CCE is importing it themselves.

fusion
08-09-2007, 04:38 PM
Somewhat.. but to me it speaks more about Coke actually allowing the stuff to be produced in Mexico expressly for sale in the USA. (not that I am saying that is what they are doing, but it sure feels like it).

Mr Zabe
08-09-2007, 05:15 PM
IMO, I have a gut feeling that Coca Cola is doing a test market for cane sugar Coke. Maybe they would rather utilize a Mexican bottler so as to"sneak" under the radar. Of course this is my uneducated thinking but analyzing several large whole sale accounts might provide Coca Cola a feel for potential demand. Granted a good part of the items sold in the large whole sale accounts( Sam's,Costco) are brought for individual families.

Just my thought as this would be a relatively easy way to assess unit price and demand at least in these sample markets.

SumPoosieCat
08-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Everyone on the planet knows Real Sugar is better than that HFCS garbage.
Time for Coke and everyone else to wake up and make the product the way they should. This should not even be a thought just make the best product you can.

sucrose
08-19-2007, 04:02 AM
I bought 2 cases of this in Vegas last month. One case expires 3/17/08 the other 3/24/08. Tast is fantastic, even compared to the Abarta/Cuyahoga Falls Ohio Sucrose canned/ or 10oz glass bottled coke. In Vegas I carried around my own cooler full of ice and bottled coke the whole time I was in town. I went into the Coca Cola store next to MGM Grand, sat down at "THEIR" soda fountain which sells 10oz HFCS coke, and proceeded to drink one of mine. Some customers asked how much more $$ for the bigger bottle, and the coke employee said we don't sell those, I don't know where he got that.

On my day of departure I went to Office Depot to see what they wanted for shipping to the East Coast--$146.00 (had to be a mistake). I went the low cost route and packed a case in a cardboard box, put a few towels in the box to help cushion it, and checked it as luggage. Whole thing arrived in tact with no broken bottles.

None of the East Coast costcos seem to carry this sku, which is disappointing. The product is shrink wrapped in legitimate Coca Cola branded cases as pictured in various posts. Each botle has a nutrition label sticker to make it compliant. I had the costco manager look up the sku and they show the VENDOR as Coca Cola. Which I'd have known anyways because there is no way a boutique/illegal mexican foods importer would be able to provide 1-2 pallets per West Coast costco store. I agree that Coca Cola is either test marketing this, or they want to compete with the 'illegal' importers to put them out of business. The problem is that if Coke tried to do their OWN "premium" brand nationwide, where there isn't a huge demand for the Cane Sugar proudct, it might devalue their mainstream product. Also my local Coca Cola distributor doesn't even know there is a Pibb Zero or Fanta Zero line, so Cane Sugar Coke would still require a drive (or flight!)

Mister-Eyebrow
08-19-2007, 03:12 PM
Sounds cool. Now if only our Sam's Club would do this :rolleyes:

Riot Nrrrd™
12-05-2007, 01:58 AM
I buy my Mexican Coke either from Dr. Soda on-line (they are within driving distance from me and deliver cheaply in Los Angeles County) or sometimes when my local Mom n' Pop Dollar Store gets them (they usually get Mexican Pepsi instead ... but hey, at $1 a bottle plus CRV & taxes, I ain't complainin'!).

Anyway ... I was at Dr. Soda one time to pick up my Crack and in a discussion I believe I heard the guy I was talking to say that their source of the Mexican Cokes was ... drum roll ... the nearby Coca-Cola bottler in Sylmar, California (about 5 miles or so from Dr. Soda). There were so many Hispanic people demanding it for their Mom 'n' Pop corner grocerias that they are doing it on the down-low ...

But don't quote me on that ;)