PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi bottles tap water. LMAO

Mr Zabe
07-27-2007, 11:34 PM
LOL.....The Chicago TV stations are teasing this story as if Pepsi is
filling bottles with untreated tap water. LOL Oh my. LOL

Pepsi says Aquafina is tap water - Jul. 27, 2007 (http://money.cnn.com/2007/07/27/news/companies/pepsi_coke/?postversion=2007072715)

fusion
07-28-2007, 12:31 AM
Yeah, the whole thing is a pr nightmare. I wonder how it will affect Aquafina sales?

Mr Zabe
07-28-2007, 12:41 AM
That's a good question.
My guess is that the average person who buys
it dose not pay much attention to these new stories.

the saint
07-28-2007, 11:47 AM
well IMO if the general public wasn't smart enough to figure that out 10 years or so ago when Aquafina came out, then the old saying "people are dumber than cattle" really is true.

I am sure fina sales will drop somewhat until people realize that pretty much all cheapass bottled water is the exact same thing, just from different source supplies.

billygtexas
07-29-2007, 01:53 AM
Tell us something we don't know.. Didnt Coke, Cadbury or another water company already admit doing this?

Maybe they should rename it "Tappafina"..

SamC
07-29-2007, 10:35 AM
Didnt Coke, Cadbury or another water company already admit doing this?

Not exactly. In the UK, KO launced Dasani which was TREATED domestic tap water. The British were used to bottled water being imported spring water. Further the treatment had problems and some bottles got out that had contaminants. KO withdrew Dasani from that market and pretty much gave up on Europe relative to Dasani. KO's plan for one "universal" water brand were thus dashed, and now it is stuck with a hodgepodge of brands in different countries, which is hard when it markets in things like soccer, F1, and so on.

PEP has been selling people tap water. Which proves there is a sucker born every minute.

Mr Zabe
07-29-2007, 11:08 AM
Let's clear the air. LOL
Pepsi is selling filtered "purified" tap water. LMAO
Sort of like the "anti organic" form of filtered spring water. ROTFL

Rob The SURGE Drinker
07-29-2007, 06:02 PM
Maybe this is the reason i never liked aquafina to begin with.

Mr Zabe
07-29-2007, 06:45 PM
Yeah, for sure I will drink it out of the cooler when it's on sale
or super cold even though I do not like it that much. It tastes IMO
more like distilled water which I do not like all that much.

Lepke
07-29-2007, 07:43 PM
When coke and Pepsi launched aquafina and disani it was widely publicized at that time that these were nothing but purified tap water. This has been common knowledge for years. Why all the buzz now?

amyers
07-30-2007, 12:18 AM
When coke and Pepsi launched aquafina and disani it was widely publicized at that time that these were nothing but purified tap water. This has been common knowledge for years. Why all the buzz now?

I would say because they've been putting PWS on their bottles to hide the fact that it is from a Public Water Source and now they are changing that.

Lepke
07-30-2007, 11:56 AM
Again it’s been common knowledge since these water were launched. I don’t think coke or Pepsi were trying to hide the fact that they use a public water source (tap water). Only stupid people don’t know what purified drinking water means.

popologist
07-30-2007, 02:28 PM
bottled water is a big scam.

Mr Zabe
07-30-2007, 03:28 PM
No argument and I intellectually know Chicago tap water is
one of the best municipal waters in the nation....BUT (LOL)
I am addicted to bottle water.

I love real spring water. I love the ease of keeping cold bottles in
my fridge. I love the way the bottle feels in my hand. Yes I'm a bottle
water junkie. I do know that I probably would never drink tap water
if there was no more bottle water. I have tried filters/pitchers which
I did not like. :(

No Soda
07-30-2007, 10:18 PM
Um, from the beginning 10 years ago, Aquafina caps on bottles sold in my area were labelled "Bottled at the source PWS (which I took to be 'Public Water Supply') by CPF, Ayer, MA." No big surprise here. And Dasani in the New York area is bottled in Maspeth, Queens, (CCE code of "KM,") so if you buy Dasani, you're getting one of the best tasting tap waters anywhere.

There are reasons to be concerned about the environmental impact of bottled water, due to transport and waste generation issues, but the fact that much of it comes from public water supplies should be no surprise.

pepsipimp
08-02-2007, 05:31 PM
Note: First Step (Public Water Source) But I guess most people don't research what they are about to eat/drink...

http://i16.tinypic.com/4z91555.jpg

http://www.aquafina.com/Aquafinapurificationdiagram.pdf

and from DASANI
WHAT DOES DASANI COME FROM?

TO CREATE DASANI, COCA-COLA BOTTLERS START WITH THE LOCAL WATER SUPPLY, WHICH IS THEN FILTERED FOR PURITY USING A STATE-OF-THE-ART PROCESS CALLED REVERSE OSMOSIS. THE PURIFIED WATER IS THEN ENHANCED WITH A SPECIAL BLEND OF MINERALS FOR A PURE, CRISP, FRESH TASTE.

Android
08-02-2007, 06:52 PM
And really, isn't this, like, about the same water they use before it goes into the carbonization unit, then syrup added to it, to make soda pop?

the saint
08-02-2007, 07:02 PM
And really, isn't this, like, about the same water they use before it goes into the carbonization unit, then syrup added to it, to make soda pop?

If I am not mistaken, that is exactly how aquafina came into being. There was excess water after a run of soda or something to that effect. they just bottled what was left over to give to the employees and the employess liked it, the suits found out and viola! one of the higher ups had a brilliant idea all of his own. At least that is what us peons have been told over the years...haha

Android
08-03-2007, 12:07 AM
If I am not mistaken, that is exactly how aquafina came into being. There was excess water after a run of soda or something to that effect. they just bottled what was left over ......

That reminds me, Pepsi had such a bottled water back after WWII, they put into their returnable bottles. I just did some looking up online, it was carbonated though, more like a selzer water. But it was a way to use up extra Pepsi bottles - as Pepsi was in a bit of a slump in some areas having to raise their prices from the traditional 5cents a bottle due to inflation after the war. And it was cheaper than adding sugar and syrup to that carbonated water!

Dr Pepper 70
08-04-2007, 09:20 PM
These waters are cleaner than most "spring waters"

pepsidew
08-11-2007, 11:00 AM
pretty good tasting tap water :) total bs story

and people are still buying aquafina like crazy around here so i dont think people are buying it - probably a coke funded story :)

CStoreCatMan
08-13-2007, 04:57 PM
Yep, another media frenzy that got out of hand. The purification process that Aquafina goes through is very thorough and results in water that is hundreds, maybe even thousands of times cleaner than what comes from the tap. Start watching for other big brands to place "PWS" on their labels...

Secondly, the US is addicted to bottled water - not so much what is inside but the convenience of having it be portable. A story like this may temporarily hurt some sales, but this category is on fire and will not be affected in the long run.

Here's a thought, how does water purified through say a Brita filter compare to bottled and tap waters? Just curious as I use a Brita at home...

Mr Zabe
08-13-2007, 05:10 PM
I gave Britta a try for about 8 months. I tried a small pitcher and the large
2.5 gallon filter tub. I was very careful to keep the container clean and I changed the filters every 3 to 4 weeks. The taste and over all quality was not to my liking. I switched back to bottled spring water (real spring water) and I am very pleased. Yes I'm addicted big time but I do not care. IMO
it's a good addiction. Now a days a case of bottle water is relatively
cheap. Last weekend I picked up 8 cases of a Coca Cola private lable spring
water (same source as Springs spring water) for $2.99 each. LOL