PDA

View Full Version : Bawls - Caffeine Water?

NEED-ENERGY
07-29-2007, 09:57 PM
I was reading the reviews and ingredients of this product, and it seems to be nothing more than flavored caffeine water. They did not even bother puting some B's in there.
This shows what a sleek bottle design can do. BAWLS does not qualify as a true energy drink.

I am not knocking the product, but I think it should be in another category such as "flavored caffeine water".

Android
07-29-2007, 10:46 PM
Well, this topic has been discussed not too long ago (by myself, playing devils advocate you might say) in this thread:

http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/energy-drinks/31017-favourite-energy-drink.html
-Andy

Ron Swedelson
07-30-2007, 06:33 PM
Do you think of Jolt or Mt. Dew as caffiene water? No. And the same should be said for BAWLS. It does not follow the traditional sprinkling their vat with herbs and minerals. They are simply a soda with extra caffeine which is now getting lumped into the "energy drink" market because they do give you a huge boost.

turtleboy
07-30-2007, 11:14 PM
I don't think of Bawls as a caffeine water or an energy drink. It's a guarana soda like Anarctia, Brasilla or Goya guarana. Bawls is not for people who like Red Bull. Its more for people that don't like coffee. You can get your caffeine fix in a good tasting soda.
When I first saw Bawls in a store it was with the sodas and priced the same as Jones. Then came the energy drinks. Now it's in the energy section priced the same as Red Bull.

garr
07-31-2007, 09:33 PM
n00bs bawls is an energy drink

Ron Swedelson
08-01-2007, 05:23 PM
It depends on how you view it. Energy drink because it gives you energy due to massive caffeine, then yes. Energy drink with taurine, ginsing, glucoronolactones, vitamins, etc...then no. If you view Jolt and Mt. Dew as an energy drink, then it is in the same ball park. To me...great tasting soda with energy giving caffeine.

Android
08-01-2007, 11:26 PM
. If you view Jolt and Mt. Dew as an energy drink, then it is in the same ball park.

Jolt doesn't count any more - it was recently transmogrified into an energy drink, it's got even more caffeine plus extra stuff in it now. I've seen it spread to all the flavors when I've bought them recently. More on that here:

http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/energy-drinks/31117-jolt-now-energy-drink.html

HOBOBOB
08-02-2007, 03:13 AM
love bawls..and i view it as an energy drink mainly because of the 16oz. cans. But all in all it is more like a soda. IT doesn't give a huge lift and theres no "extreme" caffeine. Maybe if you are a lightweight, but it only has 67mg of caffeine in the bottle and (rounded up to 7 mg an oz instead of 6.67) 112 per can. The bottles are in the category with pepsi max, amp, and vault caffeine wise, but the cans are closer to the energy drink category, near most 8 oz. drinks and only a little lower than monsters and such.

Ron Swedelson
08-02-2007, 01:11 PM
Well I guess Jolt shows what it takes to go from soda to energy drink. I havent bought Jolt, but I used to sell the Soda, and their caned energy drink version.
BAWLS does have extra caffeine. It may have have a smaller caffiene count that a typical energy drink. But since it is gurana based, it is more equal to 200 mgs. caffiene per 12 oz, rather than the 80 mgs.

TheNOSDrinker
08-03-2007, 03:51 PM
BAWLS is a high caffeine soda, Never did the company claim to be an energy drink.

TheNOSDrinker
08-03-2007, 03:56 PM
love bawls..and i view it as an energy drink mainly because of the 16oz. cans. But all in all it is more like a soda. IT doesn't give a huge lift and theres no "extreme" caffeine. Maybe if you are a lightweight, but it only has 67mg of caffeine in the bottle and (rounded up to 7 mg an oz instead of 6.67) 112 per can. The bottles are in the category with pepsi max, amp, and vault caffeine wise, but the cans are closer to the energy drink category, near most 8 oz. drinks and only a little lower than monsters and such.

Lol, Diet Pepsi Max has more caffeine than BAWLS, Aswell as ginseng.

scum1
08-03-2007, 10:54 PM
So Ron are you saying Gurana derived caffeine is stronger? Does Gurana have more kick per mg? For Bawls to have such a low amount it gives a good kick. More than I get from a cup of coffee.

Well I guess Jolt shows what it takes to go from soda to energy drink. I havent bought Jolt, but I used to sell the Soda, and their caned energy drink version.
BAWLS does have extra caffeine. It may have have a smaller caffiene count that a typical energy drink. But since it is gurana based, it is more equal to 200 mgs. caffiene per 12 oz, rather than the 80 mgs.