PDA

View Full Version : Fanta finally hits Toronto shelves...

Popboy
08-02-2007, 01:56 AM
Four flavours available Grape, Red Tangerine, Cream Soda, the last flavour I believe is Wildberry which nobody is carrying in my area. Overall they taste pretty good, I swear "Cream Soda" tastes exactly like "Barq's Red Cream", though Red Tangerine easily is the best of the bunch, while grape tastes too much like a grape freezie...

I hope the flavour variants of Coke Zero (Vanilla/Cherry) don't get delayed like Fanta was...

CitrusCola
08-02-2007, 05:47 AM
I was recently in Concord, NC, and while there I found Orange Fanta Zero in a Wal-Mart store. I also found Diet Orange Crush. While the Diet Crush was a disappointment, the Orange Fanta Zero was the best diet orange soda that I've ever tasted. It was better than Diet Sunkist, and much better than the Diet Crush.

The King
08-03-2007, 02:47 AM
I was recently in Concord, NC, and while there I found Orange Fanta Zero in a Wal-Mart store. I also found Diet Orange Crush. While the Diet Crush was a disappointment, the Orange Fanta Zero was the best diet orange soda that I've ever tasted. It was better than Diet Sunkist, and much better than the Diet Crush.

I have to admit, I was very surprised by Fanta Zero. Regular Fanta is pretty much swill, or at least that's what most people say, but Zero is pretty darn good. I don't know if it's better than Diet Sunkist, but it's right up there with it.

mjb1124
08-03-2007, 05:51 PM
I hate Fanta Zero. The taste too strong, and it makes me feel sick. I have about 9 cans of it at home and I don't think I'm going to drink them.

Give me Diet Sunkist or even Diet Tropicana Twister any day.

popologist
08-04-2007, 12:22 PM

i agree. fanta orange zero is great! i have to hunt to find it though. luckily, one of the supermarkets in my neighborhood carries it from time to time so i can stock up.

popologist
08-04-2007, 12:24 PM
I hate Fanta Zero. The taste too strong, and it makes me feel sick. I have about 9 cans of it at home and I don't think I'm going to drink them.

Give me Diet Sunkist or even Diet Tropicana Twister any day.

i don't like diet tropicana twister. it tastes like a baby aspirin to me... kind of chalky.

fanta zero tastes like an orange popscicle to me. :)

Popboy
08-05-2007, 05:44 PM
I doubt Canada will get Fanta Zero anytime soon, all in all, the Fanta flavours don't taste as good as their Crush rivals. I also found out why most stores are not carrying "Wildberry", it has to be the most disgusting beverage i've ever tasted. I would'nt doubt if Wildberry was the first flavour in the line to be discontinued. Grape doesn't taste that good either, as it's Freezie/Popsicle flavour leaves alot to be desired. Ch*$st even Cynar Grape tastes better than Fantas own...

popologist
08-05-2007, 05:59 PM
who owns Crush? i don't think i even see that in NYC anymore. is it really as good as everyone says?

CitrusCola
08-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Cadbury Schweppes owns Crush.

Popboy
08-06-2007, 12:05 AM
who owns Crush? i don't think i even see that in NYC anymore. is it really as good as everyone says?

Crush has some decent flavours in their line, more times than none, it's the more obscure flavours that taste the best (i.e. Pinapple, Lime). I heard Crush Cream Soda is a hard to come by in America, but it's not as elusive here in Canada...

juniorjin
08-07-2007, 02:23 AM
i actually thought the fanta red tangerine was not bad...
the fanta cream soda is very rancid....but i know the kids will really love the jolt of sugar from it...
i still think fanta pineapple was the best of the lot and i'm bummed it wasn't released as one of the flavors....
if fanta becomes a hit, i wouldn't be surprised for a zero to come out...just to stick it in pepsi's face that they could successfully introduce a diet line of their flavor brands (unlike their failure to capitalize on their diet crush line)

MISTICman
08-07-2007, 10:29 AM
Popboy...
You mentioned a Wildberry Fanta. Is that flavor blue? For a VERY short while (like a month), Danville VA had a "berry" Fanta that was blue. It tasted just like Pepsi Blue and was out in that time frame. Man I miss that stuff.

Mr Zabe
08-07-2007, 06:10 PM
I has a fountain Fanta Orange at BK today.
I must say it was tasty.:)

Popboy
08-07-2007, 11:18 PM
i actually thought the fanta red tangerine was not bad...
the fanta cream soda is very rancid....but i know the kids will really love the jolt of sugar from it...
i still think fanta pineapple was the best of the lot and i'm bummed it wasn't released as one of the flavors....
if fanta becomes a hit, i wouldn't be surprised for a zero to come out...just to stick it in pepsi's face that they could successfully introduce a diet line of their flavor brands (unlike their failure to capitalize on their diet crush line)

Whether it becomes a hit or not, according to a couple of Coca Cola reps I spoke to, Fanta is here to stay (in Canada). Most likely we will see diet varients down the road, but not anytime soon. I would have loved Pineapple myself but looking at the way they market Fanta (i.e. each country having their own unique flavours), I was not expecting to see it on Canadian shelves. If Coca Cola plans on replacing any of the initial four flavours though, Wildberry better be the first casualty.

Popboy
08-07-2007, 11:24 PM
Popboy...
You mentioned a Wildberry Fanta. Is that flavor blue? For a VERY short while (like a month), Danville VA had a "berry" Fanta that was blue. It tasted just like Pepsi Blue and was out in that time frame. Man I miss that stuff.

Nope, the Wildberry in our parts is a Crimson/Burgandy type colour...

y0g1bare
08-11-2007, 04:43 AM
Yeah, I was surprised to see Fanta for sale in my local supermarket here in Ottawa. I haven't had a Fanta since the 60s. Grape and orange. I prefered Crush back then, but Fanta would do in a pinch. I didn't buy any, because I drink diet soda exclusively. You heard of the Fanta/nazi connection?

The Adventures of Carbon Atoms - Nazi-licious Fanta Orange Soda (http://bboyneko.livejournal.com/248689.html)

fusion
08-11-2007, 06:12 AM
And, a rebuttal:

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Fanta and the Nazis (http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/fanta.asp)

Popboy
08-11-2007, 09:47 AM
Yeah, I was surprised to see Fanta for sale in my local supermarket here in Ottawa. I haven't had a Fanta since the 60s. Grape and orange. I prefered Crush back then, but Fanta would do in a pinch. I didn't buy any, because I drink diet soda exclusively. You heard of the Fanta/nazi connection?

The Adventures of Carbon Atoms - Nazi-licious Fanta Orange Soda (http://bboyneko.livejournal.com/248689.html)

When I was a kid growing up in the 80's I never cared much for Fanta, or Crush for that matter. C' Plus was my hands down favourite... their Pear, Apple, Grape, and Strawberry had to be some of the best soda pop flavour's ever made... everything tasted so natural compared to the artificial tasting muck that now floods our markets.

jmyjunk
08-14-2007, 02:03 PM
Any pictures of the Canadian packaging?

Ram0n C0keah0lic
08-19-2007, 03:03 PM
BTW, last wednesday a new Fanta flavor arrived here at my area: Fanta Mundo (World) Mango Tai... I tried it and tastes really great, like mango with chili. I'm not sure, but probably it will be like a series of limited editions with flavors inspired by countries every season, like Sprite Remix

ScottyLibido
08-21-2007, 07:30 PM
Loblaws finally authorized the 8 SKUs today. They discontinued Black Cherry Vanilla reg and diet, CPlus Wink Twist, 2L C2, Vault 2L and Cherry Fresca 355ml. I think thats the end of BCV Coke products in Canada.

Popboy
08-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Loblaws finally authorized the 8 SKUs today. They discontinued Black Cherry Vanilla reg and diet, CPlus Wink Twist, 2L C2, Vault 2L and Cherry Fresca 355ml. I think thats the end of BCV Coke products in Canada.

The end indeed, good riddance BCV! C'mon Coke, release the Coke Zero variants already!!!!

fusion
08-23-2007, 08:30 PM
Anyone have any pictures to share? fanta.ca still isn't working.

Popboy
08-23-2007, 09:54 PM
Jmyjnk, Fusion unfortunately I don't have any on hand to take pics, but I found this pic of Wildberry (left), and Red Tangerine (right), french side though... :(

http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/3028/dscf0304nl9.jpg

Ram0n C0keah0lic
08-24-2007, 12:03 AM
Nice pic! thanks popboy! that "baies sauvages" flavor looks really tasty!

BTW, Today Fanta Zero was released here at my city, along with Fresca Zero, Manzana Lift Zero and the re-launch of Sprite Zero... Fanta Zero tastes really great, so much better than Fanta Free (that soon will be discontinued) more details soon!

jmyjunk
08-24-2007, 10:08 AM
Jmyjnk, Fusion unfortunately I don't have any on hand to take pics, but I found this pic of Wildberry (left), and Red Tangerine (right), french side though... :(

http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/3028/dscf0304nl9.jpg

Thanks for the pictures! Why the :( face ? I prefer to see the french side, as I know what it says in English!