PDA

View Full Version : Monster on a Rampage !!!

SumPoosieCat
08-08-2007, 10:20 PM
Results count and Monster seems to keep feeding this jaugernaut. Over 50% increase in sales??? AB must be doing something right..... Good for you Hansen's .... great job! Seems like we have a new boss in town.

fusion
08-09-2007, 01:14 AM
Still too early to talk about A-B's impact on the brand - if you notice, they also talked about the significant termination costs associated with moving the brand away from the old distributors.

Philadelphia Coke has it around here - they seem to do really well with it.

SumPoosieCat
08-09-2007, 02:11 AM
I marvel at what they have done in the energy drink market in just a few short years... soon they will push Red Bull to number 2 in sales the way it is going..... amazing....! Monster Energy Drink.....number 1.... who knew?

NRGSLLR@
08-09-2007, 06:45 PM
I marvel at what they have done in the energy drink market in just a few short years... soon they will push Red Bull to number 2 in sales the way it is going..... amazing....! Monster Energy Drink.....number 1.... who knew?

Rodney Sacks Evidently

TheNOSDrinker
08-12-2007, 10:48 AM
It's so sweet, It barely even taste's like an energy drink. No one can resist the taste. No wonder it's becoming so popular.

DGibb
08-12-2007, 09:42 PM
It's sweet, there are a lot of flavor variations, and with the introduction of the three coffee energy drinks, they have the most variety out of any of the major energy drink companies. That is the main reason they are doing so well: variety means something for everyone!

zne0
08-13-2007, 10:10 PM
Monsters new Coffe+Energy drinks are great, I've tried all 3 and will give Monster Tumbs up for mocha and bean. Rockstar roasters should be here sometine next month to challenge Monsters Java. any one else heard the release of Rockstar's coffe's yet?

SumPoosieCat
08-14-2007, 06:51 PM
They continue to move the category forward and appears to be poised to overtake Red Bull for the number one spot in the US. This to me is simply amazing. What is going on at Red Bull that a drink can start from scratch just a few years ago and zoom up to Red Bull in a blink. Why have they refused to expand the Red Bull brand when others around them have done with such success ?

DudeMan
08-15-2007, 03:24 AM
"Why have they refused to expand the Red Bull brand when others around them have done with such success ?"

Because they're europeans. Misplaced pride, stubbornness, ego, backwards, slow. "We started this category so we don't need to follow the trends".

Red Bull's outrageously expensive marketing is what's keeping them at #1 overall right now. I think it's a matter of time before Red Bull becomes the RC Cola of energy drinks, and Monster and Rockstar the Pepsi & Coke of this category.

Nick Laugher
08-15-2007, 10:57 AM
I agree completely with the statement above.

scum1
08-15-2007, 12:52 PM
Lets not forget the price factor. RB still wants 2 dollars for a small can. Most all the others sell a larger drink for the same price. I'll take the 16 oz over the 8 oz any day when both cost the same. I also will point out that RB is just not cool with the kids. All the kids I know are way more into the Monster or Rockstar. I have never seen teens really wanting a RB they always want a Monster or Rockstar. RB is your parents ED. Monster sponsers extreme sports, extreme music ect.. They are tapping into the largest market. Now if they could take over the Bar scene they would really hurt RB. RB is still all I really see at bars.

SumPoosieCat
08-15-2007, 01:48 PM
I have said it for a long time.... I just don't understand Red Bull and their thinking. How hard would it be to come out with Red Bull Orange??? Red Bull Orange and Vodka.....hmmm Not only that but a little 8 ounce can for that long??? Seems like their wings are getting clipped !

Do distributors really want to keep paying the price for Red Bull and all that advertising ??? Seems like they would like a little less advertising and a better price by now....

deepnenergy
08-15-2007, 10:35 PM
I have said it for a long time.... I just don't understand Red Bull and their thinking. How hard would it be to come out with Red Bull Orange??? Red Bull Orange and Vodka.....hmmm Not only that but a little 8 ounce can for that long??? Seems like their wings are getting clipped !

Do distributors really want to keep paying the price for Red Bull and all that advertising ??? Seems like they would like a little less advertising and a better price by now....

Monster is doing well but still has a long way to go to catch RB...

Coco Rico
08-16-2007, 01:16 AM
I just think it's funny that less than 1 year ago Red Bull launched their 12oz package size and it has since rocketed to the top of the energy drink field passing Monster 16oz in the majority of the US. It's currently poised to pass the sales of Red Bull's flagship 8.3 oz package at an average price per can of $2.89 and it's gaining back share for them. However, most here seem quite content on the anti-Red Bull band wagon. At $44 a case for the 12oz, if I'm Red Bull, I'm laughing my ass all the way to the bank.

CR

deepnenergy
08-16-2007, 05:18 AM
I just think it's funny that less than 1 year ago Red Bull launched their 12oz package size and it has since rocketed to the top of the energy drink field passing Monster 16oz in the majority of the US. It's currently poised to pass the sales of Red Bull's flagship 8.3 oz package at an average price per can of $2.89 and it's gaining back share for them. However, most here seem quite content on the anti-Red Bull band wagon. At $44 a case for the 12oz, if I'm Red Bull, I'm laughing my ass all the way to the bank.

CR

I can see why you would laugh at the millions of Americans that are paying 2.89 for a product that don't have as much energy as half of a Rage (made in America) or a number of other American EDs. Soon consumers will learn as they are even now...."one by one", I've heard that before.

"We have watched and learned the way of the master and those that have gone before us some to victory some to defeat in the path of the master. It is here we give due respect but prepare to succeed".

SumPoosieCat
08-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Lol... there is no anti Red Bull words here just conversation and opinions. You have to wonder why Red Bull took so many years just to simply increase the size of their can? You can also wonder why it is taking so long to come up with another flavor. Surely it doesn't take that long to squeeze a orange into the can...

You also have to marvel at what Hansen's has done... they are now number 1 in many markets and a few years ago few thought that could ever happen.
The best news to me is that the market for drinks continue to grow. Monster continues to lead the way expanding its brand and now bringing exciting new flavors into the mix... I really like the creativity. Sales up 59% in the second Q.... wow.

scum1
08-16-2007, 12:36 PM
Heck I bought a 4 pack and a bottle of Jager last weekend. I wonder how much RB makes through bars and clubs. I never see any other EDs in clubs except redbull and people drink a lot of it in various drinks. I never see anyone having a Monster and vodka or a Rockstar and vodka. No monster bombs or Rockstar blasters. I also watch all the bartenders and waitresses drink RB since it's handy. Has to be a lot of sales in this area. Still RB is overpriced so I never buy it unless is for use with alcohol. Maybe next time I'll try some Monster with some Jager. Not sure that will tast too good though.

DGibb
08-16-2007, 02:44 PM
There is no doubt that Red Bull is the leader in the bar scene. They were the original in the bars, and even now there is very little competition. I mean, Applebee's has the Sobe Adrenaline drinks, but Jager Bombs, Cherry/Grape/Blueberry bombs or regular Vodka/Red Bull are always popular. I believe that Red Bull may even now be behind Monster in street sales, but it is the bar business that keeps them entrenched in the #1 spot.

Z-man
08-16-2007, 02:52 PM
Take into consideration that Monster has many line extenstions which will always increase sales figures. Of course AB will do the job off premise but seems they still can't get things going on premise. All A-B does is load up the bars with free cases of of product week after week. I'm seeing this happening in a lot of bars here in FLorida. This of course sets the trend for the bar owners to expect free goods from other companies.

Just my 2 cents

deepnenergy
08-16-2007, 03:22 PM
Heck I bought a 4 pack and a bottle of Jager last weekend. I wonder how much RB makes through bars and clubs. I never see any other EDs in clubs except redbull and people drink a lot of it in various drinks. I never see anyone having a Monster and vodka or a Rockstar and vodka. No monster bombs or Rockstar blasters. I also watch all the bartenders and waitresses drink RB since it's handy. Has to be a lot of sales in this area. Still RB is overpriced so I never buy it unless is for use with alcohol. Maybe next time I'll try some Monster with some Jager. Not sure that will tast too good though.

Tried it and no good, my friend but Monster does do well with white rum and vodka. RS will mix as a bomb but Juiced is really good that way.

SumPoosieCat
08-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Poosie Bombs are the best !!! SumPoosie and Jager taste like Dr. Pepper !

Z-man
08-17-2007, 11:26 AM
Im not a big Red Bull fan but don't count the bastards out yet. They branded the product so well that its instilled as "the one". Yes people know that it's expensive but their still buying it. I'm also sure RB will venture into line extentions one day.

WNow on A-B they will def. do a great job off premise but still has yet to penetrate the on premise market. What i'm seeing in Florida is that A-B is giving the bars 2-5 case drops for free because it's a non alcoholic product. This is done on a continuos weekly basis. Why- because it's free and the bars will use it. Automatically it's instant branding in the bars. The bar owners are also making money because they are not paying for it and by A-B doing it this way they are putting a small dent in their competitors sales. A-B can afford to allocate hundreds if not thousands of cases for the on premise trade and writing it off as marketing/sampeling to grow their on premise business.

Just my 2 cents!

scum1
08-17-2007, 03:08 PM
No way could I order that. I'm a little old to be ordering Poosie bombs. Might try it at home though.

Poosie Bombs are the best !!! SumPoosie and Jager taste like Dr. Pepper !

Ron Swedelson
08-17-2007, 03:15 PM
So I hear SP...still waiting to try Sum Possie out here in CA.....

SumPoosieCat
08-19-2007, 11:24 PM
New can and new bottle for 2008... I look forward to both of them making it out to CA very soon.