PDA

View Full Version : Looking For HIRES Need locations. Please Help.

chris3965
08-15-2007, 06:01 PM
:)

Hello, I live in FLORIDA and Hires isn't distributed here. I need some help in locating a internet site can supply me or maybe a store or someone to ship me some. I am desperate I don't care if it's cans 2l whatever. Please help I am in need of a HIRES fix:D :D

karks88
08-17-2007, 03:21 PM
Here you go, enjoy!

The Candy Store (http://www.hometownfavorites.com/shop/candy_cat.asp?c=21&p=2&id=2448&newp=)

drpep
08-18-2007, 02:12 PM
Hires Root Beer 12 packs on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/drpep1024/1066943902)

710 flash
09-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Hi,
You can get plastic bottles from Hometown Favorites in Arizona and 12 oz cans in 12 packs from Dan The Soda Man in Michigan .They are expensive.Hope you enjoy!

Hires The Original Root Beer

Take Care,
710 Flash

amtrak
01-18-2008, 03:18 PM
Just as a followup: I've been on the phone for days trying to locate Hires. I live in Boston, and Polar/Cropac stopped bottling Hires "seven years ago," according to their warehouse in Worcester. In the DC area, Hires is available at Shoppers (shoppersfood.com) in MD and VA, but I haven't yet figured out which bottler supplies it to them. North of the border, Cott Beverages in Mississauga, Ontario bottles and sells it to National Grocers, who apparently distributes it around the Toronto area. NG is a membership/cash carry wholesaler but for less than pallet load purchases, no membership required. $3.99 per 12-pack, and any NG store can get them in.

Mr Zabe
01-18-2008, 03:29 PM
Considering the difficulty,$3.99 for a 12pk is a pretty good price.

fusion
01-18-2008, 07:20 PM
Shoppers either gets Hires from their own warehouse, or from Beverage Network in Jessup Md.

BN distributes Hires, Crush and Vernors, as well as Fiji and Clearly Canadian in some areas. They're owned by Xtreme in Ft Lauderdale, Florida.

Independent Beverage in Charlotte NC produces Hires. I used to be able to find it around here until the distributor (Superior Beverages in Phoenixville PA) went under.

peabrain
01-20-2008, 11:22 AM
man do i wish i could find it here in michigan. i remember drinkng that stuff as a kid. i guess i need to get out more and look around at the mom and pop shops.

amtrak
01-20-2008, 12:50 PM
man do i wish i could find it here in michigan. i remember drinkng that stuff as a kid. i guess i need to get out more and look around at the mom and pop shops.

According to Cadbury-Schweppes, the Giant Eagle in Willowick, OH (440-944-8900) carries it. That's not exactly close to Flint, though. I would recommend just crossing into Ontario, where Cott actively produces it. :)

Cheer-wined
01-23-2008, 09:47 PM
Polar/Cropac stopped bottling Hires "seven years ago," according to their warehouse in Worcester.
They're giving you some bad information. I bought Hires root beer and cream soda, canned by Cro-Pac, in PA in 2004 ... it wasn't old product, either. Maybe they have stopped producing it, but it's not been that long ago.

amtrak
01-24-2008, 01:19 AM
It's quite possible that the rep on the phone was wrong about exact timing, but I believe her when she said they no longer produce it.

No matter, as I picked up a few cases in Toronto. I also attached an image of the French language side of the box.