PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Energy Shot?

energydrinkratings
08-22-2007, 10:45 PM
What's everyone's favorite Energy Shot? For that matter what constitutes an energy shot? 2 ounce's - 4 ounces, 5 ounces?

I like:
- Chaser (lemon lime)
- Zipfizz energy shot had a kiddie taste to it
- Fuel Cell was strong but tasted crappy (however I heard they are reformulating the taste)

BigJayMiller
08-30-2007, 06:18 PM
i for one think the idea of energy shots is quite a stupid one. just my thoughts.

boodoo
08-31-2007, 06:22 PM
I think it is pure genious. Huge profits for the manufacturer and the retailer. Now if only there was a good tasting option.....

ehinkes
08-31-2007, 09:56 PM
I am not sure if it counts as a shot but the small XO bottles are pretty good with the vanilla, lime and berry ones my favorite.

BriGuy20
09-02-2007, 06:02 AM
5 hour energy is the only one I'd call even close to mediocre on taste (and that's only after refrigeration). I don't think you can demand too much taste from any energy shot. You sacrifice taste for quick consumption.

ZipFizz was crap, IMHO.

E-Ratings
12-07-2007, 03:57 PM
There's a couple new ones out there that I would like to try. Ammo energy shot, OnGo Energy Shot.

I like the 5-Hour shots as well as the XO shots, if you can classify them as that.

amyers
12-07-2007, 05:27 PM
I doubt this is in the same catagory but I like the BooKoo SHOTS.

DudeMan
12-07-2007, 07:32 PM
With 24oz, 32oz, and 5L keg energy drinks, pretty soon the 8.4oz EDs will be considered shots, lol.

boodoo
12-08-2007, 12:15 PM
I tried a product called "Headshot" at the NACS show back in November. It was in the same booth as Red Devil but didn't have the Red Devil name anywhere on it. They had 3 flavors, I tried the Apple. Best tasting concentrated drink I have tried so far. They said it would be out in early '08.

scum1
12-08-2007, 11:27 PM
Some times I'm not up for drinking a drink of even 8 oz so I like the shots. Redline Power Rush is good and strong, Zipfizz powershot is good(although not enough energy for me). Upshot coffee flavored is not bad either with it's 200 mg of Caffeine. I actually tried the C4 liquid shot which is even less than most shots. It was nasty but I liked the boost. I just added a review for it on my site also. It's not all about the taste when it comes to shots though. It's about the energy. If you biking or hiking or something they are portable as well.

AllProDist
12-11-2007, 03:52 PM
Redline Power Rush seems to be on a huge roll. Our accounts can't keep them in-stock. VPX really knows how to "raise the bar" in this industry. They are never guilty of making "me too" products. Very impressive to be able to put 350mg of caffeine in a 2.5oz bottle (along with all the other ingredients) and make it taste good.