PDA

View Full Version : Monster 32oz!!!

CStoreCatMan
08-23-2007, 03:24 PM
Just got a heads up from one of my accounts that Monster is coming out with a 32oz can! We all wondered if it would go any bigger...now we know. From what I hear, its called Monster BFC and it will be in a 32oz can. Does BFC mean what I think it does?!?

Anyone else heard of this yet?

rackitup
08-23-2007, 03:45 PM
They should have just done the inevitable and jumped to the One-Gallon package. LOL

Just got a heads up from one of my accounts that Monster is coming out with a 32oz can! We all wondered if it would go any bigger...now we know. From what I hear, its called Monster BFC and it will be in a 32oz can. Does BFC mean what I think it does?!?

Z-man
08-23-2007, 05:19 PM
Who in there right mind would want to drink a 32oz energy drink? Crazy!

Coco Rico
08-23-2007, 06:06 PM
Yeah, it's a resealable 32oz can. I'm not quite sure how that will fit on a cooler shelf. From what I heard, they were going to offer it up to on-premise accounts to make Jager Bombs. Although, again, where do you store a 32oz can behind a bar?

Oh yeah, and BFC means exactly what you think it does.

CR

Nick Laugher
08-23-2007, 10:26 PM
Awesome! Time for one Big ****in' Can!

garr
08-23-2007, 10:53 PM
there is a god.

David J.
08-24-2007, 07:31 AM
Actually, I did... but I never posted anything, since I thought people in the know knew about it and I didn't want to get them in trouble, and I didn't have much proof, just someone else's word which may, or may not be true. But it's true, and I can't wait. :D

When I was in college last semester, the guys who distribute monster in my area came with a whole bunch of free samples and what not, said they where going to come out with a 32oz can.

BigJayMiller
08-30-2007, 11:03 PM
monster BFC... i love the name. thats an awesome name. LOL!

Ron Swedelson
08-31-2007, 11:55 AM
That is crazy. I remember another energy drink that came in 1L and I think 2L size. I think that was Wired energy drink. But this is half way rediculous. It will probably sell, but that is just crazy. They probably wouldnt make as much of a profit, but why not just start to sell to the 7-11 fountain drink business if people want that much...I think I would be sick if I had that much. But, if you are having a party, its probably a pretty cheap way to get an energy drink mixer.

Coco Rico
08-31-2007, 02:23 PM
I'm quite sure it will become popular and unfortunately, I predict it will attract an enormous amount of negative press for Monster and energy drinks as well. The internet exploded in the last couple weeks with the news story about the Australian motocross athlete who's heart stopped after consuming 8 Red Bulls in 5 hours.

Critics of the industry are becoming increasingly vocal about the amounts of caffeine people are ingesting (just ask the Redline people on this board.) A 32 oz package offered up by the 2nd most popular e-drink company in the US is going to raise an enormous amount of attention. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

CR

scum1
08-31-2007, 03:21 PM
People see Redline and Spike shooter like a single serving because it's in a small can. This will be seen more like a 1 litre coke. It's resealable and it's more than a few gulps. That said I saw this photo on bevnet just a few weeks ago.
http://www.bevnet.com/reviews/red_rain/media/AFA48A069EC543C08AB8A91671DA2F9B

I'm quite sure it will become popular and unfortunately, I predict it will attract an enormous amount of negative press for Monster and energy drinks as well. The internet exploded in the last couple weeks with the news story about the Australian motocross athlete who's heart stopped after consuming 8 Red Bulls in 5 hours.

Critics of the industry are becoming increasingly vocal about the amounts of caffeine people are ingesting (just ask the Redline people on this board.) A 32 oz package offered up by the 2nd most popular e-drink company in the US is going to raise an enormous amount of attention. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

CR

BriGuy20
09-02-2007, 05:07 AM
This is worthy of the Quake announcer. M-M-M-M-MONSTER CAN!!

I'd pick up a 32 ounce resealable if it came in Lo-Carb, I pick up 2/3 of the 16 ounce at a time anyways. Added bonus if it fits on my USB drink chiller.

MrNolan
10-07-2007, 02:50 AM

its 32 ounces of goodness...the warning says we know you can chug this but please dont..haha

good stuff

greg
10-07-2007, 10:48 AM
People see Redline and Spike shooter like a single serving because it's in a small can. This will be seen more like a 1 litre coke. It's resealable and it's more than a few gulps. That said I saw this photo on bevnet just a few weeks ago.

I figure, and this is purely an educated guess, but the Monster probably provides the industry average of 90-110 mgs of caffeine per serving. A whole 32oz can will only have at most 440 mgs of caffeine. Anyone can go into Strabucks and get that in one of their drinks, espressos, or lattes.
The real concern should be in the sugar content. Each serving of Monster has 27g of suger. That results in 108 g of sugar in a BFC. For a 30 yr old male that is 5'8" weighing 175lbs that means that he just ingested 16% of his daily calories as simple sugars. In a healthy 40/30/30 diet he just consumed half his carbohydrates as sugars. There is not enough room left in his diet for complex carbs and fiber to be considered healthy.
No wonder America is getting fat!

Red Sox fan
10-07-2007, 11:37 AM
It's a bad idea. No redeeming qualities to a 32oz package. Only way it stands a chance if it has a resealable cap (which I don't believe it does).

Very bad Jerry, very very bad.

greg
10-08-2007, 10:01 AM
It's a bad idea. No redeeming qualities to a 32oz package. Only way it stands a chance if it has a resealable cap (which I don't believe it does).

Very bad Jerry, very very bad.

Where would it go in the cold vault? Or would it be sold on the warm shelf as a take home product?

Remember the 3 ltr bottle? It was just way too big and heavy. There was no real home for it on the shelf. I think the ED category is more of a single serve item. (with all due respects to the 16oz category which is in essence a single serve). People, or at least this is my reasoning, just don't buy the resealable ED container as a viable alternative to buying single serves. (not yet at least)

scum1
10-08-2007, 04:39 PM
I do buy the Rockstar 24 oz resealable for a 12 hour work shift. Low carb of course to keep down the sugar intake. I might buy the Monster 32 if it comes in a low carb resealable can.

rackitup
10-17-2007, 01:37 AM
I bought a can today in Portland OR.

I am glad my new GF likes energy drinks, I can share it with her.

I wish it had come in a resealable can.

zne0
10-17-2007, 02:29 AM
I also bought one today in California....nice Effen can 3.99 retail great packege not resealable but oh well its monster, I also understand that later this year monster heavy metal should be available which is a 32oz mixer of some sort?

E-Ratings
10-17-2007, 11:45 AM
I am all for a 32 ounce can, but it would have been a good idea to make it resealable and available in low carb. That is a ton of sugar to ingest.

greg
10-17-2007, 12:35 PM
It seems from posters who have had the drink says it is not re-sealable. With that being said lets look at the drink itself. If it is 32oz and it is not to be used over a period of time how can it be a true energy drink? It seems more of a regular beverage/thirst quencher/taste satisfying drink than an energy drink.
My point is, it can't be that strong per serving otherwise it would be irresponsible to put that in the market without a re-sealbale can.
Does anyone understand my logic on this?

Please don't rip me because I am the REDLINE guy saying this......LOL

I just think that some energy drinks are loosing their true functional purpose, which is fine because volume is KING in this business, however, to label it as an energy drink is almost a bait and switch tactic.

scum1
10-18-2007, 10:36 AM
That is just plain stupid. I can see me buying maybe one of these so I have the can but who drinks so much in one sitting. I want energy so I can be active and thats means not having to drink 32 oz to get it.

jade.empire
10-18-2007, 07:52 PM
Hi all, i'm new here so just trying to get a bit of feedback, here in Montreal, Canada, we just received BOOKOO the 3-1 and people here are already going mad, too big is just not that good, we also have one called redrain in a 1 L. package....

scum1
10-18-2007, 10:00 PM
We got many 24 oz drinks like Boo Koo. Monster xxl, Rockstar and Jolt(resealable cans). The red rain comes in a plastic resealable though right?

Hi all, i'm new here so just trying to get a bit of feedback, here in Montreal, Canada, we just received BOOKOO the 3-1 and people here are already going mad, too big is just not that good, we also have one called redrain in a 1 L. package....

DudeMan
10-24-2007, 05:06 AM
Monster is a flavor that most people can actually drink 32oz of. As a matter of fact, they should have a 2L Monster plastic bottle with no energy blend, for people to drink as a CSD! Monster can get away with a 32oz can, even if it's not exactly as potent per serving, because people love the taste of Monster.

Red Rain on the other hand, tastes like utter crap. Red Bull gone sour. Their 1L bottle isn't moving (as expected).

amyers
10-24-2007, 11:25 PM
Well boys the time is here. I ran in the Shell (with all the energy drinks) today and I was checking out and they had one of these on the counter, and I flipped out. They had some in the Monster cooler, so I bought one for $3.99 (Yes, 3 dollars at 99 cents), it's really a BFC.

Check it.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/AaronMyers/IMG00004.jpg

Coco Rico
10-25-2007, 04:17 PM
That's ridiculous. Can you post the Nutrition Info from the back. I think we all want to know if it's a watered down version or if it in fact has 4 servings per can.

amyers
10-25-2007, 06:29 PM
I don't have it with me right now but it DOES have 4 servings per can. 2500mg (Energy Blend) + 1000 Taurine + 200 Panax Ginseng = 3700mg x 4 = 14,800mg = 14.8G of energy supplements. Un freakin' real.

BTW, thats the 12oz Red Bull so its pretty tall, the 8oz red bull is really small next to the BFC

greg
10-26-2007, 11:32 AM
That's ridiculous. Can you post the Nutrition Info from the back. I think we all want to know if it's a watered down version or if it in fact has 4 servings per can.

Did you really expect it to be anything other than a larger can with more servings?????

TheFryGuy
11-21-2007, 07:42 PM
I work for a grocery store and the same day that a Seven-Up Merchandiser told me about them getting BFC in, he told me that they are supposed to be getting Monster 5L kegs, kinda like the Heineken, Becks, and Grolsch ones that are sold. He is letting me know when they come in and will pick me one up.

DudeMan
11-25-2007, 08:04 PM
So when's the 55 Gal drum coming out? Any tankers on the way??

Red Sox fan
11-26-2007, 12:25 AM
IMO the 32oz Monster is a complete novelty/marketing. My guess is even the company does not expect it to sell. Hansens is probably figuring no way in hell is this going to sell but "who cares"... If we come out with a 32oz package the skater kids and other 16 year olds will think it's "Bally and Extreme". We automatically win the "who can be more extreme" game..In this category that counts for a lot as the category is driven by this demo.

Not a bad strategy. The only problem is it could bring a lot of negative attention to the category which would screw us all! By the way in the state of Maine a bill is making it's way through the legislature that would ban the sale of energy drinks to anyone under 18...no lie, check it out!

Red Sox fan
11-26-2007, 12:26 AM
If we come out with a 32oz package the skater kids and other 16 year olds will think it's "Bally and Extreme". We automatically win the "who can be more extreme" game..In this category that counts for a lot as the category is driven by this demo.

Meant to say "Ballsy and Extreme" above....

yeahx
12-04-2007, 01:21 PM
I just picked up a can of Monster Heavy Metal and I cant find any info anywhere on the internet except for a quick mention on this thread. It taste kind of like margarita. It's green and very bitter. Is that all that is different about it?

scum1
12-04-2007, 04:44 PM
I started a thread about it when I found one on ebay. Where did you get yours?

amyers
12-13-2007, 09:36 PM
I started a thread about it when I found one on ebay. Where did you get yours?

I got my at a local Shell station.

Good news for you Big Freakin' Can Drinkers... a new monster flavor comes out tomorrow. I talked with a local Shell owner today and he said that Bud' was dropping off a case of "Monster Energy - Heavy Metal" BFC's tomorrow morning - so I'm going to drop by and pick one up.

I'll let you guys know when I get it, I saw the sales sample - it was pretty cool looking.

sodaman95
12-16-2007, 02:55 AM
I have a couple unopened cans. Is anyone interested in buying one? Drop me a line.

Thanks

BriGuy20
01-02-2008, 11:00 PM
I'd certainly be interested in the 5L keg, only problem would be I couldn't bring it to work with me (I guess I'd have to keep buying cans too). Hope it comes in Lo-carb.

b0mbtrac
01-07-2008, 10:54 PM
I think monster should go full on 10 gallon keg!

bigdirty
01-10-2008, 01:47 PM
Well these have finally arrived in the Northern NJ area, saw both regular and heavy metal in a 7-11 today.

LthsXc31
01-22-2008, 02:10 PM
It is insane! I am now sitting in school an hour and a half after i drank one and my stomach feels Effin' crazy. I had a kid dare me to drink it as fast as I could and I got it down in 6 1/2 minutes! To everyone out there...BAD IDEA! It was good though.

Red Sox fan
01-22-2008, 11:26 PM
The rationale for 32oz Monster can be explained in 2 words: shock value. I would put this in the same line of marketing ideas as liquid blow/cocaine energy. IMO this will back fire on Monster just as those other ideas ultimately did. Reason being is the package is not resealable. SO, Hansens is producing a highly potent drink, marketing it to teenagers, in a 32oz non resealable package (which means they are challenging kids to drink all 32oz in one sitting).

Mark my words. THERE WILL BE A BACKLASH and unfortunatley it will not only effect Monster, but the entire category. Thanks hansens!

Red Sox fan
01-22-2008, 11:30 PM
It is insane! I am now sitting in school an hour and a half after i drank one and my stomach feels Effin' crazy. I had a kid dare me to drink it as fast as I could and I got it down in 6 1/2 minutes! To everyone out there...BAD IDEA! It was good though.

hahah, I just finished writting my post when I saw the one above posted right before me...ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case. BIG ERROR by Hansens in an effort to be extreme. Arrogant!

b0mbtrac
01-23-2008, 07:22 PM
That was amazing. I'll bet I can chug this faster then LthsXc31, Once I find it lol. I'm going for 4 mins. Or I should try to chug two fo them lol! Thanks for the idea red sox fan!

scum1
01-23-2008, 07:35 PM
These have been here over a month and I have yet to hear of a problem. I don't think it will stick but as weak as Monster is I don't think there is a real danger. There is only 320mg of caffeine in the whole giant can. Boo Koo has 360mg in a 24oz can. Fixx has 500mg in a 20 oz bottle. Nos has 343 in the 22oz bottle. Wiredx505 has 505mg in a 24 oz can. Heck a starbucks grande coffee has 330 and I see kids downing those all the time.

dementionX
02-03-2008, 02:46 AM
They aren't bad. I bought one just for the shock value, and nursed it until about midnight (I bought it around 10). Now, I didn't realize i was getting sick BEFORE I had the BFC. So I'm up with a fever.... what a mindtrip! lol. Either way, I'm glad I bought it.

BriGuy20
02-04-2008, 07:41 PM
Best way to fend off the upset stomach is to eat something with it. If I have the 16oz first thing in the morning with no food, my stomach punishes me for it.

b0mbtrac
02-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Best way to fend off the upset stomach is to eat something with it. If I have the 16oz first thing in the morning with no food, my stomach punishes me for it.

I did that(many times) and i never feel anything, I once woke up at 5:30 in the morning, drank a mega and then went to my soccer game at 6. It made me run hella fast but i couldn't control the ball at all. lol

ccgf39
02-19-2008, 11:09 AM
jeez people, the lethal dose of caffeine is 10 grams, or 10,000 mgs. the amount of caffeine in 3 xxl monsters is 720 mgs. that is why i am going to drink 4 32 oz. cans a day. i love monster.

Spartan Dan
02-22-2008, 08:29 PM
The BFC is selling like crazy at every gas station in my area of Charlotte, NC. I don't know what it is, but the local people must love this drink as much as I do.

With it's hefty price tag, you'll need a good job to get them often enough; but it's worth it to drink some Monster for a while and still feel some weight in your hand.

jabif
05-09-2008, 09:38 AM
The rationale for 32oz Monster can be explained in 2 words: shock value. I would put this in the same line of marketing ideas as liquid blow/cocaine energy. IMO this will back fire on Monster just as those other ideas ultimately did. Reason being is the package is not resealable. SO, Hansens is producing a highly potent drink, marketing it to teenagers, in a 32oz non resealable package (which means they are challenging kids to drink all 32oz in one sitting).

Mark my words. THERE WILL BE A BACKLASH and unfortunatley it will not only effect Monster, but the entire category. Thanks hansens!

i am so glad they released a 32oz drink, well rockstar mainly. In the past id have to buy 2 or 3 open them both at the same time to drink them. One time i drank 9 16oz rockstars in a 3.5hr period and loved it. Now i can buy 2 32oz rockstars drink um one after the other and be chill.. The price is amazing and i love it.

i think they need to make them smaller and more powerful so i can spend more money because id rahter drink 5 hella strong ones and be less full than drink 5 big ones and be helal full and slightly energized

Xefex
05-12-2008, 10:31 AM
my friend got me one, i drank it in one sitting!

EmploymentSelect
05-15-2008, 06:14 PM
Havnt heard of that plan yet. Should make money though alot of people I konw drink Monster.

fusion
05-25-2008, 09:12 PM
Found Monster BFC and Heavy Metal at a Sunoco c-store in eastern Maryland today.

KimSpot<3sRedBull
06-06-2008, 07:37 AM
Nice a big fat can of baby wipes....at least thats what it tastes like to me...I am not a fan and although ive never ate a baby wipe I feel that the taste is similar to the smell..if thats possible. it is!