PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Mountain Dew, Amp to be Dale Jr.'s primary sponsors

pepsidew
09-03-2007, 09:34 PM
FONTANA, Calif. -- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Hendrick Motorsports are expected to announce later this month PepsiCo Inc. products Mountain Dew and Amp energy drink are his primary sponsors for next season, sources confirmed Sunday.

Earnhardt said Friday that he has a number and sponsors in place for next season but that everyone will have to wait to find out what those are.

"When we're ready to announce it, it won't be on pit road after a qualifying lap," Earnhardt said after his qualifying run at California Speedway. "We'll do it in a press conference."

Earnhardt said that the announcement would come within a couple of weeks and that he's happy with the decisions that were made.

gordon and jr :)

Ram0n C0keah0lic
09-04-2007, 06:28 PM
What?! Wasn't Dale Jr. sponsored by Coke? Will happen the same thing that happened with Jeff Gordon?

amyers
09-04-2007, 07:16 PM
He was back in 98, I think he might be in the Coca-Cola Racing Family though, I'm not sure.

drpep
09-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Coke and Bud don't go together. He hasn't had Coke decals or uniform logos for years. I do have a Jr Coke bottle from approx 1998 or 99.

fusion
09-05-2007, 02:04 AM
Last I could find of Jr & Coke was in 2003.

Jeff Gordon was also a Coke driver a long time ago - not sure of the exact dates, but it looks like pre-1996.

1995 Jeff Gordon - Time To Refuel - Nascar Coke Bottle! (http://www.cokebottles4sale.com/1995_Jeff_Gordon_Refuel.html)

amyers
09-05-2007, 08:10 AM
Last I could find of Jr & Coke was in 2003.

Jeff Gordon was also a Coke driver a long time ago - not sure of the exact dates, but it looks like pre-1996.

1995 Jeff Gordon - Time To Refuel - Nascar Coke Bottle! (http://www.cokebottles4sale.com/1995_Jeff_Gordon_Refuel.html)

Oh yeah, Jeff was big-time Coke and then he decided he run over to the Pepsi boys, whatever Jeff-- ha.

the saint
09-05-2007, 10:00 AM
I am not positive but I believe Jr. was only sponsered by coke for one race, maybe two. I know he and his father had similar paint jobs with the coke bears on them. I know there was a race in japan (I think it was japan anyways) that was a non point race that those paint jobs were used in. I do not think he ever had a full time sponsership with coke.

fusion
09-05-2007, 10:32 AM
He was in the racing family for maybe a few years.. I clearly remember the bottles. IIRC, the year his father died, they destroyed all the unfilled Sr. glass bottles, and quickly replaced them with Jr. bottles.