PDA

View Full Version : whatever happened to Vault...?

popologist
09-04-2007, 09:04 AM
i don't really drink it, so haven't been paying attention. did this drink ever catch on? how is it selling? etc...

hightyto
09-04-2007, 10:09 AM
well it definitly cought on, thats why there was a flavor extension. But i have noticed that i dont see anybody drink it anymore, and i cant remember then last time ive see/heard any talk about red blitz.

deepnenergy
09-04-2007, 11:53 AM
very well in Phoenix

amyers
09-04-2007, 03:57 PM
Very very very well in Columbus, GA. It's huge.

I would say it's Coke, Diet Coke, VAULT, Sprite.

Troy The Vault Drinker
09-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Im not sure about here in Hammond, Louisiana.
But whenever I go to Baton Rogue or towns near that, I dont even see Vault in coolers like at wal mart or gas stations. I'll see it in vending machines, but thats it. But here in Hammond, I see it in pretty much every store and red blitz is right next to it. But I've noticed, Vault Zero 20 oz is gone. I still see Vault Zero 12 packs though.

hightyto
09-05-2007, 03:03 PM
up here in the metro detriot are in Michigan, i still do see 2-liters of Vault everywhere i will say, so the4y must be doing good, it seems like im seeing less and less of red blitz though, and i dont see as many people drinking it as when it was a smash hit when it came out. Really, almsot everybody always had one.

Mr Zabe
09-05-2007, 03:36 PM
My two cents.
Here by my parts Vault appears to sell well.
I do see it being shopped. However,I do not see it
in end cap displays or if it is,I only see one facing.

I have no real idea how it is selling against MD. My guess is that
MD gets more sales.

fusion
09-05-2007, 03:36 PM
I don't get it.. You'd think Vault, Vault Zero, and Red Blitz would be everywhere, trying to capture some of that Mountain Dew market.

I know people would buy the 99 6 packs up this way if we had them...

ScottyLibido
09-05-2007, 07:33 PM
It just showed up one day in 2L ONLY with ZERO fanfare and push. It sat there, staled out and then got disco'ed. RIP Vault in Canada. I continue to buy it and all of it's couterparts in the US.

Mister-Eyebrow
09-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Here in Wisconsin, I see people walking around drinking Vault and Vault Red Blitz VERY often. It really has caught on here, but we no longer get Vault 1 liters. Vault Red Blitz, dare I say it, was more popular than Vault original for the first month it was out, although the hype over it seems to have gone down and I see it less often now.

scum1
09-05-2007, 10:25 PM
Not sure how well it's doing here in Texas but I been doing my part drinking the Vault zero 12 packs. I see it all over the place so it must be doing ok though. Hard to break into that MD drinking crowd. They need better marketing.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
09-05-2007, 11:05 PM
Good to know it's still doing great... so I can find it in my next vacation to U.S.... :D

Mr Zabe
09-05-2007, 11:16 PM
I would not say Vault is doing great.
I would say it is "doing".
It sells it's fair share but it has not caught on
like a great "hot seller". IMO Coca Cola once again
has done a sub par job at marketing it. Just my observation
of the Chicago market.

popologist
09-05-2007, 11:50 PM
i agree with zabe. like other coke products, they give it a big push in the beginning and then abandon it.

the only product they've adequately pushed is coke zero... and they almost messed that up.

CitrusCola
09-06-2007, 06:49 AM
Vault Zero seems to be going away. When it first came out, VZ was everywhere, but now it's hard to find.

I'd guess that Mountain Dew is still the leader based on the amount of store shelf space that it's given. Vault seems to have about the same amount of shelf space in most stores as Sun-Drop. That said, the folks at Coke also still sell Mello Yello around here, and it is in the same catagory as Vault.

PocariSweat
09-06-2007, 01:40 PM
Hmmm...didn't MD "tune up" their taste in response to Vault? Vault Zero 20 oz is sadly becomming rare. I hope this doesn't deter Coke from making red blitz zero.

pepsidew
09-06-2007, 06:17 PM
i see a lot of outdated vault zero - i personally don't think it sells all that well in the grocery stores when 12/24 packs are on sale. but c stores could be doing well

BluejacketT
09-07-2007, 02:25 AM
It seems to be doing alright in grocery stores here in Muskogee, OK.

Can't say the same Vault in vending in certain places. But I guess certain vending machines go sell out faster than others.

mofizz
09-07-2007, 12:25 PM
It was doing ok here in Missouri when it was $0.99 everyday but since the price has gone up to $1.29-1.39 it just sits in the bottom of the cooler where it belongs collecting dust.

It's common to see a full shelf of MD while Vault may have 1 facing.

CStoreCatMan
09-07-2007, 05:24 PM
OMG...I didn't see this coming (from a mile away) :P

amyers
09-07-2007, 05:36 PM
It was doing ok here in Missouri when it was $0.99 everyday but since the price has gone up to $1.29-1.39 it just sits in the bottom of the cooler where it belongs collecting dust.

It's common to see a full shelf of MD while Vault may have 1 facing.

... and here it's completely different. When you walk in to a gas station you have the front-store cooler that has 3 rows of VAULT, VAULT 2L on top, VAULT 2L in the 2L section, 4+ rows of VAULT in the cooler, VAULT 12pk's for sale, and VAULT 1L on special for 99 cents and 20oz for 99 cents.

More promotion for VAULT than there has ever been for Coke