PDA

View Full Version : so how is diet pepsi max doing...?

popologist
09-05-2007, 05:18 PM
i saw it a few times at a local supermarket, but it has since vanished. however, that's not an accurate measure, because i live in NYC, and shelf space is so limited, for the most part, we only get the big brands.

any idea on how DPM is doing elsewhere?

Mister-Eyebrow
09-05-2007, 09:41 PM
Here in our area it seems to be doing so-so. In stores I see people tend to not buy it that often seeing as it is a diet product, people also seem to be unaware of its caffeine levels and therefore think it is just another bad tasting diet soda that is not worth buying.

JMHX316
09-06-2007, 06:19 PM
I'm drinking the mess out of it; it's taken over most of Coke Zero's shelf space in my fridge. I assume it's doing okay around here, it's in most of the displays I've seen, and there are always several missing. Someone besides me is buying it.

pepsidew
09-06-2007, 07:19 PM
I think it is pretty slow - you get a few people who love it and buy a ton and i think that is where most of the volume around here comes from - just another bad extension in my opinion.

BluejacketT
09-07-2007, 03:08 AM
It's kinda slow around here (usually).

CStoreCatMan
09-07-2007, 06:20 PM
I'm drinking the mess out of it; it's taken over most of Coke Zero's shelf space in my fridge. I assume it's doing okay around here, it's in most of the displays I've seen, and there are always several missing. Someone besides me is buying it.

LOL! I love that opening line! Diet Pepsi Max is doing very well here in SoCal. However, I think it fits the California lifestyle perfectly. It has quickly broken in to our local top 10 and in some cases is already ranking 6th to 8th in our lineup depending on the account and surrounding demographic.

the saint
09-08-2007, 09:16 AM
I wouldn't say it is doing great in my parts, but I tend to have a low diet share mix on my route. I haven't really heard of anyone here saying how great it sells though. I will say that the first batch of 2 liters expired aug 13 and I have only lost a couple of cases out of 140+ accounts total. The first batch of 20 oz expired Aug 6 and I have only lost a couple of bottles here and there.

FargoPepsiSalesman
09-09-2007, 04:26 AM
As with most Dt sodas it has its market. but here in Fargo where I work for the PAS call center. I have seen quite a few accounts reorder Max more than once.

amyers
09-09-2007, 11:22 AM
Around here alot of indie stores are ordering cases and cases of the 12oz bottles to sell as singles (for $.59-$.89 cents of course) and they do quite well.

Pepsi did have a display in Wal-Mart when they ran that sell a few weeks ago and had about hald a pallet of Diet Pepsi Max up there and not too many people bought it.

But this is a HUGE Coke market, I mean.. we're the original home of Coca-Cola (Columbus, GA). :P

popologist
09-25-2007, 05:00 PM
I tasted this for the first time last night (because the store was sold out of coke zero) and... it (diet pepsi max) was kind of bitter... and had a peppery taste. i was surprised that it tasted so odd... and so... unsweet... almost like coke blak... but without the coffee flavor.

i can't say it's awful, but... i doubt this will be a big seller.