PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull caught in Theft

heynow
09-09-2007, 07:01 PM
Just was told that a Red Bull distributor was caught stealing from bars kegs from that energy drink keg company Bouncz. Why would they need to do that? When i find out more I'll keep you posted!

Ron Swedelson
09-10-2007, 01:41 PM
That would be interesting to hear why. My guess is simply a personal attack against that company. The distributor wants to get back at this other company for "stealing" their sales. How stupid, they should file a police report for this.

Coco Rico
09-10-2007, 05:53 PM
My guess is that the distributor rep went in and sold Red Bull back into the account and offered to trade out the keg for free cases of Red Bull. I'm betting that the Bouncz rep was pissed that they lost the account and that the bar gave Red Bull the keg - which I'm sure is not cheap to lose.

I have a hard time believing that any Red Bull distributor would ever try something as foolish as theft. Besides, do you know how hard it would be to get away with that... what would be the point?

Sounds like it's just sour grapes from a rep that lost an account to Red Bull.

CR

heynow
09-10-2007, 08:11 PM
more update:

Looks like the account signed a contact with RedBull being that there was a new owner after a year. My distributor friend said that the RB rep just took the kegs after dropping off product. Something in the contract that says RB can pick up any energy drink at the bar once the contract is signed. RB distributor was contacted and a week later they dropped off kegs that they took from a few bars to the BouncZ distributor. The distributor said no sour grapes-win accounts lose accounts. At least they got the kegs back from RB. sounds like theft to me and the only reason they returned the kegs is because they got caught.

Ron Swedelson
09-11-2007, 12:33 PM
Hopefuly the other company put a keg deposit on the account to get some of their money back.

Z-man
09-13-2007, 02:47 PM
my old company in Orlando told me about this yesterday. she said in RB contracts it states they can take the existing energy drink that the bar has when swwitching over. i wouldn't think this means Kegs too. thats theft to me. I hope the company files a police report.

Buzz

Coco Rico
09-13-2007, 04:58 PM
What would they file a police report for? It's the bar's fault for letting Red Bull take the keg. At best, the only thing Bouncz could do is keep the bar's deposit on the keg, a cost I'm sure the Red Bull rep would gladly reimburse them for.

CR

fusion
09-13-2007, 05:37 PM
It's still the other dist's keg, and the Red Bull dist. knew that.

However, I must say the title of this thread is deceptive.