PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburg

DNL Lover
09-10-2007, 10:06 PM
im going to pittsburg for a weekedn at the end of september. Any rare soda there that cant be found in Buffalo?

BTW, if anyone plans on going to Pittsburg in the future, I reccomend Primanti Brother, they have the best sandwiches.

fusion
09-10-2007, 11:21 PM
First.. it's Pittsburgh.

I can't say I remember anything unusual there. Maybe you'd find Barq's red creme?

DNL Lover
09-11-2007, 07:21 PM
sweet, i love BArqs Red Creme

Junkyarddog
11-08-2007, 01:39 AM
Look for Red Ribbon its bottled right outside of Pittsburgh.

Tech_Guy
11-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Well, this is a bit past the last weekend of September. But here are some for future reference.

Tab (sporadic, only places like a beer/soda warehouse would sell this... but at least it is produced)
Tom Tucker's Mint Ginger Ale
Mountain Dew LiveWire
Cotton Club Sodas
Vernor's Ginger Ale
Virgil's Root Beer
Virgil's Creme Soda
Reed's Ginger Beer

Outer lying areas near Pittsburgh (eastern and northeastern areas about 1 hour away from the city):

Mello Yello
Cherikee Red
Barq's Red Creme Soda
Big Red Creme Soda
RC Cola
Squirt
Diet Squirt

fusion
11-09-2007, 11:38 PM
And if you go west, to Ohio, you can find Ruby Red Squirt in the Youngstown area. and Seagram's from Pepsi.

drpep
11-10-2007, 11:34 AM
Been over a month, wonder how the trip went.

DNL Lover
11-13-2007, 07:33 PM
Been over a month, wonder how the trip went.

I went good. I found this beer store in Cranberry that had Diet RC. I ended up buying Tom-Tucker Mint-Giner Ale, the Diet Rc, Cherikee Red, found Summer Mix, this was September 30th and it was still good for another month. I also bought me some Big Red. Sadly since this was a One-Day trip and I went to a Pirates Game, I didn't have much time to search, but I'll probably be going back to Pittsburg by years end so I hope to find some Mello Yello when I go back.