PDA

View Full Version : New Dr Pepper Flavor

thechamp76
09-11-2007, 02:40 PM
I heard from a sales rep today that Dr Pepper has a new flavor coming at the beginning of the year. It is Diet Dr Pepper Cherry Chocolate. Only going to be in diet. I asked him for a sample, but he said they only had a few and they were not allowed to take them out of the building.

hightyto
09-11-2007, 02:48 PM
diet cherry chocolate hmm...... sounds like a dr. pepper drink, i cant wait to try it! keep us upadated.

BluejacketT
09-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Diet Cherry Chocolate? That sounds like something I want to try.

amyers
09-11-2007, 03:39 PM
Someone else said it was called Diet Vanilla-Black Cherry Dr Pepper, same thing?

pepsipimp
09-11-2007, 05:59 PM
I hadn't heard the details just that it would be some type of Chocolate flavor. Also a new Chocolate Frappuccino sometime this month.

pepsidew
09-12-2007, 12:26 PM
new frap flavor - other then dark chocolate peppermint?

Ram0n C0keah0lic
09-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Cherry chocolate? mmm... sounds good...

pepsipimp
09-12-2007, 04:43 PM
new frap flavor - other then dark chocolate peppermint?

No thats it, I just couldn't remember the name...hasn't been released here yet...

Carbonated Shinobi
09-12-2007, 10:06 PM
A chocolate flavored soda? Sounds kind of gross to me. Well... if Pepsi could pull off a good caramel soda, then I guess I'll just have to wait and see what Dr Pepper will do with this drink.

hightyto
09-12-2007, 10:37 PM
i was just gonna mention the carmel creame jazz, and hey i loved it, so im mroe than willing to try out this Dr. Pepper.

fusion
09-13-2007, 01:05 AM
Chocolate flavored sodas are old hat. Canfield's has one, and Shasta and Diet Rite used to have one as well.

There was something called Chocola, I'm not sure if it was a soda or a yoohoo like product.

Wal-Mart had a chocolate soda in their chubby kids sodas a few years ago, and Coke had chocolate flavor packets to mix in 20oz sodas. People also put chocolate syrup in Coke to make a chocolate Coke.

Dano
09-13-2007, 10:54 PM
Choc-ola was out of Indianapolis, I drank it as a kid.I saw it at Jungle Jims last year but it is gone now. It was Yoo-hoo like. Chocolate Soldier (check the Dollar general stores) is a close approximation. Canfield's Diet Chocolate Fudge Soda is awesome, and faygo had one, but they reformulated it to Diet Chocolate Cream Pie and it tastes similar, but you can "taste" pie crust-like flavor (you have to try it to understand).

fusion
09-21-2007, 11:15 PM
Dark Chocolate Peppermint Mocha.. now that's a mouthfull.

Haven't seen it in my area yet, either. A little early for a holiday release, don't you think?

Rob The SURGE Drinker
09-22-2007, 01:05 AM
Dark Chocolate Peppermint Mocha.. now that's a mouthfull.

Haven't seen it in my area yet, either. A little early for a holiday release, don't you think?
is that the Frappucino flavor? I saw a new flavor of that stuff today...

Acheron
10-26-2007, 05:36 AM
Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry Chocolate arrived today in the Iowa City area in the last day or so - I haven't tried it yet, but I do have a bottle chilling in the fridge.

DGibb
10-26-2007, 08:05 AM
Can you post a picture of it please? I think Dr. Pepper has yet to hit the bullseye with any of their flavors. Don't get me wrong, they are good, but none of them can hold a candle to the original. I just hope they come up with something excellent and refreshing soon, and, unfortunately, a chocolate soda doesn't sound too refreshing. Good for a sweet sip, maybe, but not exactly refreshing.

Acheron
10-26-2007, 09:06 AM
The chocolate flavor is subtle, and overshadowed by the Pepper and cherry flavors. It's really as if they replaced the vanilla in CVDP with chocolate flavor. Better than I thought, but not overwhelmingly compelling.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o180/acheron_xl/10-26-07_0759.jpg

Ram0n C0keah0lic
10-26-2007, 11:13 AM
Mmm... it looks tasty! I hope to try it in my next vacation to U.S... thanks for posting the pic... :)

amyers
10-26-2007, 01:25 PM
I see you have the new Dr. Pepper bottle, I wish we had that bottle. We're stuck on the cone bottle.

ColdOne86
10-26-2007, 02:40 PM
Wow I thought it wasn't coming out till January, I hope it comes to Maine soon!!!!:D

MATHA531
10-26-2007, 07:15 PM
Does this mean diet cherry vanilla Dr Pepper is history?

DrPprLvr
10-29-2007, 09:33 AM
Chocolate flavored sodas are old hat. Canfield's has one, and Shasta and Diet Rite used to have one as well...

Doesn't Jones Soda do a Chocolate one? For the holidays maybe?

and Coke had chocolate flavor packets to mix in 20oz sodas. People also put chocolate syrup in Coke to make a chocolate Coke.

I do that ALL the time at the local Waffle House. "Diet" Coke and Chocolate Syrup, gives the waittresses a double take!:D

Can't wait for the ChocoPepper!

Mr Zabe
11-13-2007, 03:50 PM
Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry Chocolate arrived today in the Iowa City area in the last day or so - I haven't tried it yet, but I do have a bottle chilling in the fridge.
I spoke with a CS/DP route person. He verified that Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry Chocolate is now being rolled out in the Chicago area. (I my be behind the curve as I have not been to my local grocery store in a while.)

Rob The SURGE Drinker
11-13-2007, 04:53 PM
I found it a couple days ago here, havent tried it yet.

Tannerman
11-13-2007, 05:23 PM
Zabe, haven't seen it yet at Jewel, Walgreens, or 7-Eleven... but will keep my eyes open.

jacksmom
11-13-2007, 07:04 PM
I'm sorry, but for some reason I can't imagine the flavor. I love, love, love soda and I love, love, love chocolate - yet somehow putting the two together just seems wrong. Anybody else find it odd?

Tannerman
11-13-2007, 07:29 PM
Doesn't Jones Soda do a Chocolate one? For the holidays maybe?This year Jones has a Christmas Cocoa Soda... bought it, but haven't tried it yet.

Tannerman
11-21-2007, 03:43 PM
I'd like to take issue with the press release featured on the BevNet homepage now ("Dr Pepper Fans Give Thanks for New Cherry Chocolate Diet Dr Pepper (http://www.bevnet.com/news/2007/11-21-2007-dr_pepper_cherry_chocolate.asp)"). CSAB mentions the following:
This month, Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages is rolling out Cherry Chocolate Diet Dr Pepper, the third flavor extension in the brand’s history.
Dr Pepper’s first brand extension, Cherry Vanilla, launched in 2004 and was the company’s most successful product introduction in more than a decadeAren't we forgetting a little drink called Red Fusion in that calculation? Heck, when that drink was rolled out in 2002, they claimed:
When it is introduced to the American public in mid-July, Red Fusion will become the first new flavor addition to the Dr Pepper line-up in its 117-year history…No love for the Fusion, I guess :)

drpep
11-21-2007, 08:55 PM
I notice Fusion is called an addition and the others extensions. Red Fusion was supposed to be a different style drink than Dr Pepper while the others are DP with flavors added. Just my two cents.

Tannerman
11-24-2007, 05:34 PM
We found a 2 liter bottle of Cherry Chocolate and shared it with family over Thanksgiving.

http://www.bevreview.com/wp-content/image_cherrychocolatedietdrpepper4.jpg

I'm not a diet soda drinker, but overall, I thought it was a good extension. We got a lot of positive comments (http://www.bevreview.com/2007/11/23/review-cherry-chocolate-diet-dr-pepper/) from the folks who did try it... some diet drinkers, but most not. The sweetener blend was pretty good. I'm curious how well this drink will do during its limited run. If it was a non-diet extension, I'm not sure it would have much traction, but as a nice alternative to the existing low-cal options out there (cherry, vanilla, etc.), it fills a good niche.

ThePieHole
12-01-2007, 02:53 PM
Has anyone seen Chocolate Cherry in the Delaware/Northern Maryland/Southeastern Pennsylvania region?

Zacloud
12-01-2007, 04:16 PM
Man, I seriously wish Dr. Pepper (and a few others) wouldn't keep making all the neat looking flavors Diet. I absolutely can't stand sugar substitutes; the aftertaste hangs in my mouth literally for hours sometimes, and I feel a little sick even with one swallow (or even mouthful, such as when I tried a mouthwash with aspartame in it).

I guess they just figure Americans are all worried about their weight. But come on, the HFCS and the cancer-causing sugar substitutes are probably way more harmful than a little sugar energy you can burn off. Ugh. :mad:

Mr Zabe
12-01-2007, 06:39 PM
Well said. Cane sugar and even HFCS makes for great soda pop.
I tried to drink a can of diet coke a few weeks ago. I took one
gulp and that was it. After a few minutes I felt sick.

fusion
12-01-2007, 08:06 PM
I live in Northern Delaware, and I haven't found it yet. Philadelphia Coke has Dr Pepper around here.. in fact, they still have Cherry Vanilla.

Pepsi has Dr Pepper in most of Maryland, and they don't have the new one, either..though I was told they had sales samples.

CCE has Dr Pepper in a small chunk of Delaware south of the C&D Canal, but they generally just have reg, diet, diet cv.

BevGuy15
12-03-2007, 12:05 PM
My .02 cents:
I tried it and just did not like the flavor at all. Then again, I can't recall any chocolate drink that I enjoyed that wasn't dairy based.

I do believe this is an "in and out" proposition for Pepper. January is diet time, along with the rest of Q-1, so it being a diet product makes some sense.

I don't think there will be any change to Cherry Vanilla availability.

Swifty
12-04-2007, 11:14 AM
Is this going o be a national rollout? Or limited to the midwest?

BevGuy15
12-04-2007, 05:09 PM
Is this going o be a national rollout? Or limited to the midwest?

I understand it to be National.

Label Guy
12-27-2007, 11:03 AM
Haven't seen this anywhere in the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area yet. Even tried Jungle Jim's and Party Source in Covington last week with no luck. Anyone else found it here?

fusion
12-27-2007, 08:01 PM
I went out in search of it again in Abarta and Philadelphia Coke territories north of me, and still no sign of it. I did find some sucrose CF Classic and Vanilla Coke 12 packs from Abarta, though (regular Classic and Cherry were HFCS).

pepsipimp
12-28-2007, 08:47 PM
Haven't seen this anywhere in the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area yet. Even tried Jungle Jim's and Party Source in Covington last week with no luck. Anyone else found it here?

I'm in central Ohio and its coming out sometime in January, so it will probably be the same time for you as well (same distributor).

Tech_Guy
12-29-2007, 12:41 AM
No sign of it in Western Pennsylvania. I will keep my eyes open for it today when I am in Maryland and West Virginia.

710 flash
12-29-2007, 10:10 AM
Hi DP Lovers,
I tried it in cans from Wal-Mart in Plainwell,MI..I'm not much of a Diet person either because of the aftertaste,but it had a strong chocolate taste,very little cherry taste. Not Bad as diet DP's go..I'm a Dr Pepper addict.I prefer the cane sugar stuff from North Carolina in a glass bottle..It said Limited Edition on the cans so I don't expect it to be around long..

Drink On!
710 flash

Tech_Guy
12-30-2007, 06:41 PM
I found it!

In Morgantown, WV at the Kroger on WV Route 7 West of Exit 4 of I-68. It is in 12-packs and 2 Liters. I picked up a 2 Liter to try. It was on sale 10 for $10 with the Kroger card.

videoman
01-05-2008, 02:41 PM
This just started showing up on shelves here in GA. I picked up a 12 pack while I was out shopping today and the checkout girl had never heard of it before. Her and another employee read the side and just had this look of bewilderment. They asked me if it was any good and I said I hadn't tried it yet. I paid and as I was leaving she looked at me with this expression that I can only describe as pity and said "Good luck."

So yea, I think DP might have an uphill battle convincing people to try this particular flavor.

fusion
01-05-2008, 05:32 PM
Finally found it today, at a 7-11 here, in 20oz.

The King
01-05-2008, 06:32 PM
I haven't seen this in So Cal yet.

amyers
01-06-2008, 08:31 AM
Buffalo Rock has put it on in Bham, AL

Found it at the Food World and Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market on I-65 Exit 256A/B

greg
01-09-2008, 01:54 PM
I found it here in Jupiter, Fl. There was 4 freaking facings of this crap in place of where my "usual" Diet Dr Pepper Cherry Vanilla sat.
I miss my DCVDP sooo much.

drpep
01-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Come on up to Upstate New York, we have plenty of reg and diet CVDP.

fusion
01-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Same here in northern Delaware, plenty of both CVDPs.

b0mbtrac
01-10-2008, 12:53 AM
Tay Zonday made a music video for it. Check it out
YouTube - "Cherry Chocolate Rain" Original Song by Tay Zonday (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x2W12A8Qow)

ThePieHole
01-13-2008, 07:55 PM
Fusion,

What 7-11 in Delaware did you spot them? I found them just a day ago, in 12-packs, at the K-Mart in Newark.

fusion
01-14-2008, 08:02 AM
In Newark, at the I-95/DE273 interchange. It's sort of hidden, on the west side of the interchange, across from the land that used to be the Holiday Inn.

I also found 20oz and 12 packs at the Acme in Suburban Plaza, which is at the other end of Newark, on Route 2.

lordmadone
01-20-2008, 11:08 PM
Was forced out into sales all in the MABU EVA for PBG in like late December..it sells fairly well for now..some people told me it tastes like a tootsie roll..I was thinking of kind of a cherry cordial? Dunna know..

ThePieHole
01-21-2008, 03:14 AM
Fusion,

Thanks man. We must live quite close to one another, I'm within a four minute drive of Suburban Plaza. The next new product that's hard to find, it'll be nice to "team up"

Label Guy
01-21-2008, 03:23 PM
Wow, I was really disappointed after waiting for so long. I thought he chocolate tasted more like coffee flavor (almost to the point that it made me think of Coke Blak) and I didn't get much of the cherry taste at all.

I've got 10 cans here if someone wants them.

jmur
01-24-2008, 09:58 AM
still no sign of it in the utica, ny area.

jyhill
01-25-2008, 02:40 PM
Can it be found in Manhattan?

If so, where?

greg
01-25-2008, 03:14 PM
still no sign of it in the utica, ny area.

Don't worry, you're not missing anything!

b0mbtrac
01-25-2008, 05:15 PM
Its really...really...well...trippy is probably the best word to describe it. Its like tootsie pop in liquid form with fizz, its hella weird. pretty good though

taestell
01-25-2008, 08:39 PM

Saw it last week in the Clifton (University Plaza) Kroger.

Tech_Guy
01-26-2008, 04:17 AM
I saw it tonight in County Market in Punxsutawney, PA. It was in a small mini "facing." I didn't see it in the regular beverage isle.

jmur
01-27-2008, 11:13 PM
Don't worry, you're not missing anything!
so ive heard...but it wouldnt be the first time ive liked something most people havent :)

Nick Laugher
01-27-2008, 11:32 PM
Just found it here in Canada.
Love it!

drpep
01-28-2008, 08:29 PM
I saw it tonight in County Market in Punxsutawney, PA. It was in a small mini "facing." I didn't see it in the regular beverage isle.

Is there still a Comet Market down that way?

Tech_Guy
01-29-2008, 01:28 AM
Yes. Comet Market is very much alive and well, it can get quite a crowd at times. And it is the only supermarket I have found in Jefferson County (so far) that sells Dad's Root Beer. But that is another post.

jmur
01-30-2008, 12:22 AM
finally found it in new hartford, ny. i think it would taste better if it wasnt diet. very heavy diet taste to it. other than that every flavor is distinct (dr pepper, chocolate, cherry) which makes for a very cool/weird drink. it really does taste like youre drinking a tootsie roll. strange stuff. overall a 12 pack is more than sufficient for me. i wont be going back for any more. (unless they come out with a regular version)

my rating: 4.5/10

CitrusCola
02-02-2008, 08:02 PM
I found it today in a local grocery store. It tastes just like Canfield's Diet Chocolate Fudge Soda with a hint of cherry flavor. It doesn't taste like Dr Pepper at all.

amyers
02-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Found it at Publix in Montgomery, AL by ET (with small caps)

mjb1124
02-03-2008, 01:33 PM
I tried this a few days ago and I actually liked it a lot. But then again, I like adding chocolate flavor shots to my Coke. And while chocolate is definitely the dominant flavor, I don't find it to be overpowering - the cherry flavor is definitely detectable and gives a nice balance to the flavor. This might not be something I'll be able to drink too often without getting sick of it, but the first impression was a good one and I'll probably drink this on a semi-regular basis.

The Doomite
02-04-2008, 07:59 PM
I got a 12 pack of Diet Choco-Cherry Dr Pepper along with a 12 pack of Mt. Dew Game Fuel for $5 total. (Pretty freakin' good deal these days if you ask me!). I'm drinking my second can of the Choco-Cherry DP now, and I must say that I like it. jmur's right, it's definitely got kind of a liquid Tootsie Roll taste. That having been said, every flavor seems to balance out nicely, and I'm not really noticing too much of a diet aftertaste. I dunno if I'd buy this on a regular basis, but I do think it'd be good for an occasional 20oz. I had a thought that they had Valentine's Day in mind when they came out with this flavor, although I could be wrong. The Doomite Is Out!

jbird
02-10-2008, 05:47 PM
I have only found this soda at SuperTarget. 12-packs are $2.79 and 2-liters are 75 cents. It sold pretty well this last week and is nearly out. I would be happy to share cans since I am not much of a chocolate soda guy.