PDA

View Full Version : cherry/black cherry soda

Dave in NE Minneapolis
09-13-2007, 05:55 PM
Hello! I've been a longtime lurker, and this is my first post! :)

I am hoping someone can tell me what kinds of cherry and/or black cherry sodas are available around me in Minneapolis, MN.

Here's my knowledge of cherry/black cherry around here: Supermom's (carried at Super Americas only?) used to make both until the early 90's or so (does anyone else remember how good most of their sodas were?) Quite a few places carried cherry Best Yet until it stopped being sold in MN a few years back :( (I called Best Yet in OK to ask about it today and was told that they are hoping to find a distributor here.) Rainbow used to carry cherry Jolly Good when they were bought out by Roundy's at first, but they dropped Jolly Good for Roundy's own soda, and they don't make cherry although they do make black cherry, which I think is only ok, like Cub's SuperChill version. Elf used have a cherry soda I saw at some Supervalus in the late 80's/early 90's (is Elf even made anymore?)

That's all I know!

Soda-MN-Good
09-13-2007, 11:31 PM
I'm in NE Minneapolis and sell glass bottled beverages. Here is what I have..

Cherry:
Crush Cherry
Jolt Cherry Bomb
Jones Cane sugar cherry
Lolli's Cherry Pop

Black Cherry:
Cott's black cherry
IBC's
Boylan's
Boylan's Natural
The Switch
Iron Horse
Thomas Kemper
Boylan's Diet
Jones Sugar Free Black Cherry
Sioux City

Other Cherry flavors:
Cheerwine
Moxie Cherry Cola
Frostie Cherry Limeade
Henry Weinhard's Cherries & Cream
Stewart's Cherries & Cream

Dr. Galaga
09-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Can you get Point Black Cherry Cream (Stevens Point Brewery - you may have to go a little south)? Pretty good stuff. There is also Spring Grove. Here's the Minnesota Retailers (http://www.springgrovesoda.com/blank?pageid=11&catstart=0&prodstart=0) from their web site.
BTW: They came out with Point Orange Cream this year - YUM!

Soda-MN-Good
09-15-2007, 05:47 PM
I can get all 8 flavors of Spring Grove, Presently I just don't have any on hand. I was just listing what I knew I had on hand.

As for Point Premium, I believe I can get all 4 flavors but presently am out. I know I've had their root beer and cream soda in the past. Not sure if I'm offered the other 2.