PDA

View Full Version : Guarana Antarctica Caffeine Equivalent?

jacksmom
09-16-2007, 06:29 PM
I'm just curious if anybody knows the what the caffeine equivalent would be in Guarana Antarctica. I know they only use guarana - no actual caffeine, but my husband and I love this drink and our local grocery store just started selling it here. I know it's supposedly the number one soft drink in Brazil. Thanks so much!!!

fusion
09-17-2007, 05:01 PM
The average guarana soda contains 30mg of caffeine per 12oz.

http://www.guarana.com/cafchart.html

jacksmom
09-18-2007, 12:46 PM
Thanks Fusion! I had looked it up on Wikipedia and it listed the caffeine content as nearly double that of a regular energy drink - after drinking one, however, I found that nearly impossible to believe, as a regular Mountain Dew gave me more of a lift than that. It was good, though! I think 30 mg is probably an accurate assessment.

deepnenergy
09-18-2007, 03:29 PM
Thanks Fusion! I had looked it up on Wikipedia and it listed the caffeine content as nearly double that of a regular energy drink - after drinking one, however, I found that nearly impossible to believe, as a regular Mountain Dew gave me more of a lift than that. It was good, though! I think 30 mg is probably an accurate assessment.

The level of caffeine is based on the grade of Guarana used equal to the percentage of natural caffeine the grade contains. The levels can range from 0 to 20% and the MLs are determined by the amount of the Guarana used. Like Rage Liquid Energy uses Guarana at 400ml that contains 10% natural Caffeine. But it’s not the Caffeine that really does it unless it is being used to work with other energy inducing ingredients...that by it's self only make the sugars play the ups and downs with you...:)

IMO...The fact is a large number of EDs contain ingredients that really don't do much but look good on the can. I am sorry you did not receive what you were wanting/looking for in the other beverage...