PDA

View Full Version : Marked Tree

BluejacketT
09-18-2007, 08:28 AM
I'll might be going to Marked Tree, Arkansas soon. Is there anything beverages there that's worth buying?

Thanks in advance.

fusion
09-19-2007, 10:44 PM
Are you driving? If so, stop in Paragould. Home to Paragould Bottling aka Mellow Moon aka RC Bland.

Paragould Bottling Company (http://www.paragouldbottling.com/)

They have Nehi Blue in 20oz and their own Dr Pepper clone called Vanilla Doc.

Also, when I was in Paragould 2 years ago, I still found Slice in fridgepacks, Barq's in 12oz longnecks, Barq's Floatz in longnecks, and Barq's Red Creme in fridgepacks.

I stopped at the Wal-Mart supercenter and an indie grocer, Hays, when I was there. Cheer-wined has also been to the Paragould Bottling plant. I didn't go in when I was there.

Everything is right on the main road through town, IIRC. I took US 412 west from Dyersburg TN, through Kennett MO to Paragould. Then southward to Jonesboro - I didn't stop anywhere there, though, except a BP gas station, where I saw a 1.5L of Coke.

BluejacketT
09-20-2007, 03:45 AM
I'm not the one driving.

fusion
09-22-2007, 10:37 PM
You should really try to stop in Paragould.

Oh, I was wrong - I stopped at Country Mart when I was there. That was one smelly store - my car smelled like old store for a long time after that from the sodas I bought there.

Anyway.. They do cover a good bit of territory out of Paragould - the next closest distributors are in Little Rock and West Memphis. There is a small-format Walmart Supercenter in Trumann, it's visible from the highway. However, I don't think I saw Slice down that far, or Vanilla Doc. You'd really need to hit an indie grocery to see some crazy stuff.

The only hit on grocery stores in Marked Tree is "Bill's Fresh Market" - you may have some luck there. Most of the hits in the surrounding area are also indie grocers.

And, believe it or not, Bill's has a website!

Bill's Fresh Market :: Welcome to our website (http://www.billsfreshmarket.com/)

BluejacketT
09-23-2007, 01:31 PM
Thanks you.