PDA

View Full Version : Samples needed for possible contract/large orders

JordanE
09-21-2007, 01:57 AM
Alright, my GM has agreed to carry energy drinks for employees. We have a contract with coke which states that we can olny sell coke products, but since employees do not pay for food/drink we are not required to carry olny rockstar/full throttle which is nice becouse non of us really care for the rockstar/full throttle brands. Currently we have been buying redbull by the case at the sams club across the street but this was olny intended to be a temp thing and we would like to have a more consistent form of purchasing ED's.

In short, my GM has put me in charge of finding the new energy drink that we will carry. Ultimately it must be approved by the general manager though, so I figured the easiest way to do this would be to get as many samples as possible to let the GM and the rest of the employees try and pick one from there.

Currently we are buying about 10 cases a month, this will probably increase by alot when we bring in are temp workers for the holidays. I would expect that we would buy between 30-40 cases a month for November, December, and Aprill.

We are open to pretty much and form of ED wether it be a spike/redline type drink or just a regular ED.

If you would like to send a case or something like that as a sample I am willing to cover the cost of shipping out of pocket.

If intrested please send me a pm for a shipping address, aswell as if you intend to send a case I can work with you to cover the cost of shipping if needed. This is for a HoneyBaked Hams comp of GA location in Las Vegas, NV.

Thanks for your time

-Jordan Egeland HBH RSS

deepnenergy
09-21-2007, 03:47 AM
Alright, my GM has agreed to carry energy drinks for employees. We have a contract with coke which states that we can olny sell coke products, but since employees do not pay for food/drink we are not required to carry olny rockstar/full throttle which is nice becouse non of us really care for the rockstar/full throttle brands. Currently we have been buying redbull by the case at the sams club across the street but this was olny intended to be a temp thing and we would like to have a more consistent form of purchasing ED's.

In short, my GM has put me in charge of finding the new energy drink that we will carry. Ultimately it must be approved by the general manager though, so I figured the easiest way to do this would be to get as many samples as possible to let the GM and the rest of the employees try and pick one from there.

Currently we are buying about 10 cases a month, this will probably increase by alot when we bring in are temp workers for the holidays. I would expect that we would buy between 30-40 cases a month for November, December, and Aprill.

We are open to pretty much and form of ED wether it be a spike/redline type drink or just a regular ED.

If you would like to send a case or something like that as a sample I am willing to cover the cost of shipping out of pocket.

If intrested please send me a pm for a shipping address, aswell as if you intend to send a case I can work with you to cover the cost of shipping if needed. This is for a HoneyBaked Hams comp of GA location in Las Vegas, NV.

Thanks for your time

-Jordan Egeland HBH RSS

Is that the same honey baked ham off Charleston? If so our family has bought your hams for years but the one on Charleston I think has been closed for a while now, since Phar-mor closed and they made way for supper Wal-Mart.

Good Ham...

JordanE
09-21-2007, 03:58 AM
This is the location in centennial center.

deepnenergy
09-21-2007, 04:06 AM
i'll be ther in a about a week or so for the show i hope, if so I will drop by a few cans...

JordanE
09-21-2007, 04:35 AM
Amazing! What product do you sell? I will be out of town untill next thursday, but I will be working all day that friday and saturday. Send a pm when you plan to stop by and i'll make sure i'm in. I'll hook you up with some free lunch for your trubles.

scum1
09-22-2007, 07:45 PM
I would say no to the Spike/Redline as a work drink. It's just to intense for a lot of people at work. Just my opinion though. I love those type drinks but not at work. My boss actually banned us from drinking Redline at work. Why not just go buy yourself some drinks locally and figure out what you like from that. I'm sure your company will pay for them. Seems like a much quicker method. Here are some of my suggestions. Rips it comes in a bunch of flavors(like 10 total!) and is a little cheaper than most drinks. Their taste and energy though is on par with most others though. Great variety so everyone has a flavor they like. I buy rip it retail for 1 dollar a can so it would be a bargain. I also like Joker and Rumba drinks. Rumba is like energy OJ and great in the morning. Hate to say it but it's hard to go wrong with Rockstar. They got loads of flavors with my faves being low carb(better kick than regular) and all the juiced flavors. I'll throw in vault and Vault Zero as well. Not really an ED but a kicked up soda with a great flavor. Just my 2 cents. I don't work for and drink companies but I have consumed mass quantities of energy drinks.

Mr Zabe
09-22-2007, 09:02 PM
Just my two cents.
I used to negotiate and manage soda pop and coffee supplies for a
100 person and 60 person professional companies. IMO....I would negotiate
with your soda pop vendor. You might be able to "piggy back" a decent
ED contract that would reflect your soda pop monthly volume.

The cost of shipping 30-40 cases from an outside (in state/out state) vendor would
probably not be economical.

fusion
09-22-2007, 11:17 PM
And even though you wouldn't be selling the drinks to the public, you may run into problems since they are being purchased with company money. And if they were stored in coolers owned by the distributor, that would also be a problem.

Personally, I think it is odd that your company is buying e-drinks for employees.

Does everyone take a nap a few hours into their shifts, or do they just pop another can? (tongue in cheek, of course!)

JordanE
09-23-2007, 12:46 AM
I like to support independent companys as much as I can, and fellow bevnet members. Alot of the brands they run arin't readily avalible in my market so the best place to get them is through them directly.

The olny rockstar I ever liked was the cola but it dosen't appear to be around anymore. The same thing applys to most of the other employees.

The coolers are owned by honeybaked ham not coke.