PDA

View Full Version : redbull gives you wings...literally!!

bandit
09-21-2007, 06:28 PM
this is repulsive, and i am not sure if i can post all the full details on here...but i am sure by the title, you can get the point. all this company did was send me a letter telling me it is literally impossible for an isect to get into their product...funny what was the point of running a two week investigation, when they knew something was literally impossible. they have treated me like dirt and now its time to play fair. if anyone knows what i should do next please let me know!!

the saint
09-22-2007, 06:51 AM
While it is not impossible, it is unlikely that anything could end up in a can of product anymore due to the speed things are bottled.

You have a couple of choices on what to do next, 1) take the free can or case of product they offer and forget about it and go on with your life. 2) take the letter they sent to you, frame it and hang it on the wall forget about it and move on with your life, or 3) just go on with your life.

Funny that something inside me says that you want to sue them and some ambulance chaser lawyer you seen on tv has told you that with his help he can get you the money you deserve.

Coco Rico
09-22-2007, 06:22 PM
I agree with Saint. Having worked in the package goods industry and having visited numerous canning facilities, and knowing how unbelievably strict and uptight the Austrians are I would say it would be next to impossible for that to have happened. Bottom line though, even if it did, there is almost no way to prove it.

I would say get on with your life, and never drink Red Bull again. As for doing anything else... good luck. You would get buried in a mountain of paperwork, motions, and legal fees.

CR

Z-man
09-22-2007, 07:50 PM
never say never but legal bills would be huge!

GOOD lUCK,

BuZZ

bandit
09-24-2007, 10:28 AM
well, the thing is i do have proof, and if i recall not once did i mention lawsuit, or any other legal matter. i am frustrated, in all the calls i receive, in all the "please refrain from telling anyone", i want these people to give me an appology. that is one thing they have not done. so in saying this, yes i will move on with my life. but i also want the public to know about this and how poorly redbull has handled there protocal.

the saint
09-24-2007, 06:43 PM
first off do not take this as a personal insult.

Large companies get letters every single day from some people saying that they found "X" in their (fill in the blank). 99.9 % of the time it is just someone wanting free product and or a large sum of money.

I cannot begin to tell you how many people over the years have came up to me in accounts and told me how deathly ill they became because they drank a soda that was 1 day out of date and how I should do something about it.

I have personally had at least 10 people come up to me that have found hypo needles in their drinks, 4-5 that have found rodents in the drinks. I have had at least 2 that have found human fingers in their drinks. There have been numerous bug/insects as well. I am not saying that it is impossible, but if the quality control out of the single facility in which my facility gets its product from is that bad... they would have been shut down years ago.

I am just one of many thousands of people in my company, with this being said, how many times do you think that the corporate offices get letters from just one person that has found "X" in thier xx??? yeah it sucks that it was you, but put yourself in their shoes and have your scenario times 1000 a day times 7 days a week times 365 day a year. How would you personally handle the situation?

bandit
09-25-2007, 11:08 AM
well first of all i would appologize!! this is not the consumers fault. sure there may be many calls with complaints to little surprises people have found or say they did, but why go through all the trouble of filling the consumer with a bunch of crap. what is the point. also, i was informed that in this case they say they have never had this happen....the ususal call is when someone has had their drink open for some time and leave it sitting around, enough time for an insect to find its way into the drink, in my case i opened it in the store, and found the big black fly. so i dont feel that it is appropriate, for them to ask me to (in much kinder words) keep my mouth shut.how proffesional is that???? and if these "X" compnaies are recieving calls like you said 365days, 24/7, 1000 times a day, then maybe they should re-evaluate how their QC, process is running. so maybe you tell me how you would handle things, if you were on the other end of the phone with me.??

Ron Swedelson
09-25-2007, 03:26 PM
You want an appology, but why? You know they wont mean it or really care if you stay with them as a customer or not. Unfortunatly, that is the truth. These things happen, although very rarely, it happens. My past co-worker, found in a bottle of a high quality bevereage we sold, a screw...yes a 4 inch screw that somehow fell into the bottle and was filled and capped. The supplier simply said thank you for not letting this hit the store shelves, and that was it. Red Bull is producing how many millions of cans per year. They may or may not believe your claim.
So what is it your truly want. An appology with no backing to it? A free case of product? I would personaly call up the local corp. office, tell them you issue and what you want. But in all honesty, the company simply does not care about 1 complaint.

fusion
09-25-2007, 09:49 PM
An apology would be a bad idea - it could open them up to being sued by you.

DudeMan
09-26-2007, 04:49 AM
I don't think they're afraid of a lawsuit. You can't really sue unless anything bad happened to you. IE: You would have to have suffered some damages, material or emotional, and you'd have to be able to prove it.

Red Bull however is extremely concerned with their image and reputation. If word got out that this were true, they'd lose a lot of consumers. If compensation is what you want from them, you should threaten to make this public. Tell them you have evidence and you'll complain to every consumer protection board, BBB, trade magazine, local press, etc. A story like this one could spread real fast due to the popularity of the product and the "interesting" nature of the incident. They might offer you some sort of settlement for you to keep your mouth shut.

bandit
09-26-2007, 11:17 AM
thank you dudeman, this is the feedback i was looking for i just needed a second opinion, to make sure i wasnt out to lunch. you rock!!! i will make it public, i do have proof and an idependent witness, who would comply with what i let out of the bag!

the saint
09-26-2007, 04:51 PM
Well if you do plan on doing this, I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor. However I hope for your sake that your "evidence" and your "witness" along with yourself do not turn out to be like the lady from the whole Wendy's chili/ human finger episode a year or so ago.

Coco Rico
09-26-2007, 08:14 PM
A word of advice... Like Dudeman said, you really don't have any grounds for legal action against Red Bull - unless you can prove some sort of damage to yourself because of the incident. However, if you try to go public with your claims Red Bull has the legal right to defend themselves and to go after you for slander/libel regardless if the claims are true or not. Trust me an "independent eyewitness" will mean diddly squat if a company with their resources gets you in court. Make sure you know what you're getting yourself into...

CR