PDA

View Full Version : Question about SunnyD

kassel01
09-23-2007, 05:15 PM
So I'm doing research for a graduate school project and wanted some insight and opinions from all of you:

The project entails using the SunnyD brand, and designing a new, creative way to advertise it through outdoor advertising (billboards, street level, signage, anything you can think of)

So I wondered what your impressions were of the product, do you like it?
Who do you see drinking it?
How would you improve the product, its marketing, and most importantly how and where you see it marketed?

Also, just go off on how to feel...I'm looking for anything and everything.

Thanks!!!!

fusion
09-23-2007, 06:42 PM
Well, their current stance is that it's better for you than the "purple stuff" aka Kool-Aid. It's got juice, vitamins, etc.

But with the negative press surrounding sugary drinks, kids, and obesity, they need to make the product healthier. 120 calories per 8oz is terrible, even if you are getting the vitamins. Regular orange juice is only 100 calories.

Get rid of the corn syrup and pump up the juice content. Either go with sugar as the sweetener, or a sugar/sucralose/ace-k blend as a lower calorie alternative. Get rid of all the weird ingredients and colors.

They can keep the hip image, but also portray it more as something that moms would be proud to pack in their kids' lunches. Maybe develop a juice box/juice pack option?

stuartfanning
09-26-2007, 05:57 AM
Check out the SunnyD UK website. The product has been relaunched and 'reinvented' here.

Sunny D UK (http://www.sunny-d.co.uk/home.php)