PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have sell ratings for PepsiCo?

hightyto
09-24-2007, 08:48 PM
Just wondering if anybody has any idea how PepsiCo usually sells at schools (not snakcks, just the pop) like in veinding machines? It would be cool if it could be compared to Coke but thats fine if you cant.

Thanks!

the saint
09-26-2007, 10:01 AM
I was under the impression that (in the US anyways) that soda machines for the most part had to be removed or switched over to "healthy" drinks. It may only be elementery and secondary schools not jr and high schools but I am not entirely sure.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

hightyto
09-26-2007, 03:43 PM
all the high schools i know have wither pepsi or coke machines, daly im stuck with Coke, trying to change it.

fusion
09-26-2007, 05:32 PM
Simple solution. Pack a Pepsi in your lunch.

The contracts are signed for a period of time, usually 5 years or so. You can't change that.

hightyto
09-26-2007, 06:03 PM
i know, theyve had it for a very long time, 6 years i know for sure.

amyers
09-26-2007, 07:22 PM
Right but they could of had a 3 year contract then, re-signed with another 5 year contract, etc, etc.

Most of the schools in our area still have the machines but they are locked in some room until school is over, at that time they are opened.

I know in the county above us, they have 4 or 5 Coke machines in their "Commons" area that are available for purchase at all times.

Then back when I would pick my younger brother up from school, they had Powerade machines that had time-locks on them and would only allow you to buy drinks at a certain time.

Mr Zabe
09-26-2007, 08:29 PM
My two cents.
The problem is not what the children buy/drink at school.
After all how many drinks does the average kid buy from a school vending
machine? Maybe one Coke/Pepsi and a Gatorade per day?

My gut level feeling is that a good majority of homes with school age children
are consuming way more "bad health" drinks. A good number of good parents
are allowing their kids to be sugar junkies. A kid with healthy habits would
for the most part not abuse/buy these "bad health drinks".

Like most everything in life, children are products of their parents. Vending
machines filled with soda pop and sugar juice are not the problem.
Parents need to raise their kids, schools need to teach academics.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
09-26-2007, 10:19 PM
Just wondering if anybody has any idea how PepsiCo usually sells at schools (not snakcks, just the pop) like in veinding machines? It would be cool if it could be compared to Coke but thats fine if you cant.

Thanks!

I remember when I was in high school, in the first year in the cafeteria they used to sell Coke, but later they switched to Pepsi, so as a Coke drinker I had to go to the stores or food stands outside my high school to buy Coke... but when I almost end the high school, the guys from the cafeteria returned with Coke... duh!

And now we're talking about PepsiCo and schools, PepsiCo is joining forces with the mexican government to promote good nutrition and physical health to the kids at schools through a program called "Vive saludable" (live healthy)... unfortunately an anti-corporation a**hole called Alejandro Calvillo criticizes PepsiCo saying that they want to take advantage and get more sales selling unhealthy food to the children...

bselig
09-27-2007, 01:34 AM
I was under the impression that (in the US anyways) that soda machines for the most part had to be removed or switched over to "healthy" drinks. It may only be elementery and secondary schools not jr and high schools but I am not entirely sure.

Beverage companies are self-regulating themselves on this, and promise to remove all full-calorie sodas from schools by 2009. That would leave the diet sodas and sports drinks, plus bottled water.

Stay in school? Not sugary sodas | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/business/content/business/coke/stories/2007/09/17/kidcokes_0917.html)