PDA

View Full Version : We have a Monster battle brewing here in Birmingham....

BhamCokeman
09-29-2007, 11:45 PM
somehow Pepsi and now Budweiser both have it on their trucks, and both are rolling with it. At first Bud was going to be able to distribute only Chaos M 80 and the Java brands, now they are trying to roll with them all. I talked a Bud man the other day and he said if a store doesnt have a contract with Pepsi, they can roll in all flavors. I told him it sounded like a war was brewing, and he responded with, thats what it looks like, and neither one of us wanted that. Could get interesting.

fusion
09-30-2007, 08:24 PM
Somebody screwed up, then.. Monster should have assigned specific territories to specific distributors.

greg
09-30-2007, 09:33 PM
Who controls the distribution? What is Hansen's trying to do to thier brand In Birmingham?
That is totally f$#%ed up! Two major distributors that have great coverage stepping on each others toes.
The only one who will win when in all of this is over is the consumer. Monster, if left in its current distribution, will have its price basterdized and the retailer will eventually become ill when he thinks of Monster because his profit per slide or sq ft will be nothing where Monster sits.

zne0
10-02-2007, 02:17 AM
From what I understand the Territory belongs to Pepsi and now that Budweiser has the Monster Brand for on-premise they are rolling it to as many places as possible, sounds alittle screwup if you ask me, has anyone heard different? (very reliable Hansens source)

amyers
10-02-2007, 10:34 AM
From what I understand the Territory belongs to Pepsi and now that Budweiser has the Monster Brand for on-premise they are rolling it to as many places as possible, sounds alittle screwup if you ask me, has anyone heard different? (very reliable Hansens source)

Well, I don't know the inside-and-out of the deal but isn't Budweiser doing that to alot of territories? RC had the Monster Brand here in Columbus, Budweiser showed up, RC had the Vitamin Water brand, Coke bought it. RC had the NOS Brand, Coke took it.

RC doesn't have much luck.