PDA

View Full Version : Glass bottled sodas

fusion
10-09-2007, 09:40 PM
It's nice to see chain stores getting into the premium/glass bottled sodas. You could always find IBC and Stewart's, but they are hfcs sodas.

Giant Eagle carries Sprecher and Frostie.. and today I stopped at Safeway here in Delaware, and they now carry Thomas Kemper and Sprecher. Good call, Safeway! I'm guessing they should also be available at the Genuardi's stores in the greater Philadelphia area, since Genuardi's is part of Safeway.

I also saw "coming soon" tags for Java Monster flavors and Jarritos kids soda (10oz 6pk, no idea of the package, but I assume PET).

drpep
10-09-2007, 10:55 PM
I've recently seen Hanks and Olde Philidelphia in supermarkets within 2 hours of home. Wegmans has started carrying more flavors of Saranac (Saranac Beers Age Check: Matt Brewing Company, New York's Oldest Brewery: Brewing Quality Beer: Adirondacks Foothills: Fine Beer and Softdrinks (http://www.saranac.com)) than the usual Root Beer and Orange Creme.

CitrusCola
10-10-2007, 06:42 AM
I've seen Hank's at some grocery stores. The price is certainly premium -- around $1.50 a bottle.