PDA

View Full Version : Coke vs Pepsi Walmart Fight

Mr Zabe
10-12-2007, 03:58 PM
Can't we all get along. LOL

Cola Wars Get Physical As Pepsi Worker Attacks Coke Employee (http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/14326479/detail.html)

popologist
10-12-2007, 04:41 PM
They might have to start selling Coke and Pepsi at different ends of the supermarket...

BluejacketT
10-12-2007, 07:43 PM
People these days.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
10-12-2007, 08:13 PM
WOW! That hurts!

That reminded me the Pepsi ad where the Coke and Pepsi employees meet each other at a restaurant, they start as friends but a few seconds later they start to fight because the Coke guy doesn't want to return the Pepsi can to the Pepsi guy...

While here in my local Wal-Mart, some Coke and Pepsi employees sometimes they talk to each other about how they're doing when they place the products...

popologist
10-12-2007, 08:45 PM
The delivery guys aren't actually in competition with each other though, are they? I mean, they have no say in shelf-space, etc... right? Maybe it was just a personality conflict...

fusion
10-12-2007, 09:05 PM
My guess is that someone kept putting their stuff in someone else's space. I've seen that happen all the time.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
10-13-2007, 02:29 AM
Found the note at youtube:
YouTube - Pepsi Worker Knocks Out Coke Employee (http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=gbhHPbmf2s4)

the saint
10-13-2007, 08:03 AM
I may be wrong on this, this location may not be the facility that is on strike that this delivery was dispatched out of. I know that there is a strike going on in PA, I do not remember whether it is in philly, pittsburg or ???, but management from around the US has to go and work in strike situations. This may have been a manager from somewhere else in the US that punched the guy.
as stated above arguments between delivery happens all the time, for example (and you can insert coke pepsi bud coors miller 7up whoever in the man a, b or c spot) delivery man A comes into back room sees that there is nowhere to put one of his pallets, he will move buggies, trash whatever to make room for his pallet. delivery man b comes in and sees the same picture and moves the trash whatever out of his way, man C comes in while man A is outside or whereever and jams his pallet into spot created by man A or B. It gets ugly real damn quick.
The thing that would stink if this guy was a strike worker, he more than likely left his location from a cushy 9-5 position of leisure (like most of the pepsi management, he mostly talked on phone, made spreadsheets to hand out, and relayed messages but no actual physical work) in protest ( all of them that I have seen have not wanted to do so) to go to cross the picket line. I can see their point of not wanting to go and cross a line, (those things can get ugly real quick, like an angry mob mentality, once something bad starts to happen it all just snowballs) I mean you have to go to a city which more than likely you have never been to, all you have is a map with NO idea of where anything is, to drive a delivery truck that you probably haven't drove in years. only to get canned for letting his temper get to him, now he not only had to leave his family for 2 or so weeks to go work strike duty but has to come home without his cushy job and will have to go out hunting with the answer of "the reason I left my last job was because I broke a coke guys nose by punching him out" I do not see many opportunities for management for him again.

Bad thing for me is that, this means that next weeks meeting we will have to go over the workplace violence policy AGAIN, watch the corny video AGAIN, and sign our understanding of policy waivers AGAIN. I really enjoy having that 2-3 meeting everytime someone else cannot control themselves.

fusion
10-14-2007, 12:26 AM
That youtube clip was HORRIBLE. The woman reading from visible paper, the Pepsi fountain (mentos?), the soda pouring in the cop, asking people which they prefer.. all of which had nothing to do with the story!

Most likely, given the location of that store, the Pepsi guy came out of Johnstown, which is also a production facility (they produce a fair amount of the cubes that end up down this way, sometimes there is even Pittburgh Pirates promo stuff on the outside, or theme parks from up that way), and the Coke guy from Ebensburg (old Herbco facility).