PDA

View Full Version : www.dewmocracy.com-vote on the next Dew flavor!

hightyto
10-17-2007, 04:09 PM
Ok im pumped about this! im not sure if it's official or anything. I jsut called PepsiCo. and they said they knew nothing aobut it, but then again i doubt that consumer realtions knows these kinds of things anyways.

Ok so anyways its a website that beasically says that they want US to vote on the next mountain dew flavor (and label i think) and you give them your email and it says that they will email you in November when it starts.

This could be the goal of Freewebs.com - Free website, free hosting, free webpage, online photo album, free blog, more! (http://www.freewebs.com/bringbacktehdew) to actually get a new flavor that WE want, im so excited, i hope this is real.

hightyto
10-17-2007, 04:27 PM
ok so is IS DEFINITLY the work of PepsiCo themselves. Youll notice on the bottom of the page the "Copyright 2007 PepsiCo inc." but if thats not enough, go to the terms and conditions page. It clearly states that it was made by pepsiCO and that 'PepsiCo can change these terms at any time"

Yes its real!

Ram0n C0keah0lic
10-17-2007, 04:28 PM
Dewmocracy... that's a cool word play

It sounds a good marketing move... now the people of PepsiCo won't decide the next Mt. Dew flavor, the consumers will do it...

fusion
10-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Not really. I'm sure they have a list of flavors they've already concocted, and you get to pick from those.

hightyto
10-17-2007, 05:07 PM
yea probably. But thats still great that they're letting us vote, and icant wait to see what they've came up with!

hightyto
10-19-2007, 03:44 PM
what do you guys think will be on the list of options?

I think FOR SURE there will be some kind of blue flavor/color and a strawberry

Also i think there could possibly be a bubblegum, kiwi, apple, possibly berry.

hightyto
10-19-2007, 05:24 PM
so i just googled the word "dewmocracy" and the sixth result down on the first page list a bunch of random flavors that ahve never been heard of with Mountain dew, but unfortunatly the site does not work, but still iwth the googel result page thats the info it listed for the site, here they are....
X PEACH WATERMELON VANILLA TONIC STRAWBERRY RED GRAPE POMEGRANATE PINEAPPLE PEAR PASSIONFRUIT MINT MANGO LIME LEMON KIWI BLEND HONEY GUAVA GRAPEFRUIT GINGER ...

and thats all i could get.

Then i called PepsiCo again, and it turns out that they JUST got it in their computers, and apparetnly i had mroe information on the promotion that the guy did lol, so he asked the promotions guy and he said to just start checking the website when on November first, but thats all he knew.

cant wait!

ilikesoda
10-19-2007, 10:15 PM
the site works just fine, it even says on the page that it will be active nov 2007 -- u didnt need to call customer service to find that out -- the page is actually funny, i had a good laugh when i read it. im all for a new flavor but i agree with fusion, i doubt we really get to pick, itll prob be a choice between 2 or 3 possibilities. im voting for vault flavored dew, oh wait nevermind ill just go drink a vault --haha just kidding hightyho - dont get mad -- i like dew too, just every time they put out a decent variation they take it away.

rip pitch black I

mjb1124
10-20-2007, 12:35 AM
im voting for vault flavored dew

They already make one. It's called MDX. :D

hightyto
10-20-2007, 12:36 AM
oh no trust me ilikesodem i tottaly agree with you about taking them away, its rediculous, they seriosuly jstu need to keep one, thats why i co own the website to bring back and/or kepp enw mountain dew flaovrs ( Bring Back The Dew | Mountain Dew (http://www.freewebs.com/bringbackthedew) ) lol.

Oh an i called customer service jstu to make sure that PepsiCo was the actual one who made it, and if they had further info.

The Doomite
10-20-2007, 12:37 AM
Put Baja Blast into bottles/cans! I'd definitely buy it, and I don't think I'd be the only one either! That stuff is addicting! The Doomite Is Out! :eek:

fusion
11-07-2007, 03:45 PM
The site has been live for a few days, in case anyone forgot about it.

Mr Zabe
11-07-2007, 05:15 PM
I saw the national add on TV last night. I'm not so sure this promotion
will be successful??? I would like to see an orange raspberry 10% fruit mix
with a cane sweetened (original) 7up soda base. I would name it
Mountain Dew ORC7. Just my two cents.

hightyto
11-07-2007, 08:08 PM
theres plenty of flavors to choose from, i was confused though because they had and "orange" one on the list....did they foget aobut livewire?

WEll anyways im rallying for a blue mountain dew, the closest choice to that was Pomengrante Blueberry so i chose that.