PDA

View Full Version : Sprecher's Puma Kola

The Doomite
10-18-2007, 11:02 PM
Hey y'all,

At the local Safeway lately, they've been carrying more "premium" sodas, which I think is cool, naturally. One such soda that caught my eye is Sprecher's Puma Kola. I've heard good things about Sprecher's root beer, but not a whole lot (if anything) on their Puma Kola. How's it taste? I got a four pack today, and the first one's chillin' in the fridge as I type this. Let me know what y'all think of it. The Doomite Is Out!

Rob The SURGE Drinker
10-19-2007, 01:02 AM
I had it a while ago, i do believe i liked it. Cant remember details though.

Soda-MN-Good
10-19-2007, 01:47 PM
I've always seen soda as two different options. Either one, it has a cool "mello" taste to it like Pepsi. Or it has a bite to it like Coke.

I thought Puma COla had a Pepsi like mellow taste, but very little carbonation and almost tasted flat.

I know I said to myself after drinking it I wouldn't have another. But maybe the one i had was flat. So let me know what you find out.

fusion
10-20-2007, 01:21 AM
I posted a similar thread about finding premium sodas in the Safeway here. Sounds like it's a nationwide thing, which is good.

The Doomite
10-20-2007, 01:24 AM
Soda-MN-Good, you're right about the Pepsi-like taste. It doesn't quite taste exactly like Pepsi, but it's close. Maybe a little bit lighter in sweetness compared to Pepsi. The one I'm having right now isn't flat, and I'm liking the flavor. It's a nice change from Coke or Pepsi. Honestly, I don't really drink plain Coke or Pepsi very often anyway. But I'd consider drinking more of this stuff if the price weren't as high as it is. The Doomite Is Out!

Rob The SURGE Drinker
10-20-2007, 12:21 PM
After seeing this thread, it motivated me to go get a 4pack from woodmans, as they were on sale for 3.00. It is Pretty good, consistent with what most people have been saying, like a lighter pepsi with some rooty/natural flavors in there, and a large foamy head when poured into a glass. The only thing i have to complain about is the "All Natural" on the side. It still has HFCS and contains things like sodium benzoate, which does not seem natural to me.