PDA

View Full Version : holiday spice / julmust - copies?

ilikesoda
10-24-2007, 10:21 PM
so i went to our newly opened ikea down in south florida and they had a pallet of a soda called julmust. i looked it up and on wikipedia it says this:

"In November of 2004 Pepsi marketed a product similar in idea and somewhat in taste to Julmust to the United States called Pepsi Holiday Spice. It was only on sale during the 2004-2005 holiday season."

has anyone tried both of them that could confirm/deny if the tastes are the same??

fusion
10-24-2007, 10:53 PM
I can't imagine how a beverage that tastes like beer could be anything like a soda that tastes like Coke (which is how Holiday Spice tasted to a lot of people).

Note the phrases "somewhat in taste" and "similar in idea" - they are saying that the idea of Holiday Spice is similar to the idea of julmist in that they are Christmastime sodas, but the don't taste all that alike.

Why didn't you buy some julmist to try?

rackitup
10-24-2007, 10:57 PM
I bought a bottle of the Ikea stuff yesterday, YUCK, YUCK, YUCK.
the sign. said Root Beer on it so I figured I could not go wrong.

Pepsi Holiday Spice tasted like Pepsi with some spice, it was a nice new flavor.

glassbottlesrule
10-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Julmust is probably the nastiest pop I've ever consumed. I talking bad. Makes Moxie and Cel-ray appetizing.

ilikesoda
10-25-2007, 11:05 PM
fusion - yeah that was my first thought about how can a beer flavored soda compare, but i guess i just put too much faith into a wikipedia comment.

As for why i didnt try it, well um to be honest, it scared me. lol. im usually willing to try anything once. like ginger soda, or pepsi blue (i know im gonna get some slack on that one from the die hard blue fans). I havent been this frightened to try something since goya tamarind soda.

but after reading these reviews, maybe not trying it was wise?

PS = on a funny / weird soda note. a few years back i stopped at this thai market near DC and there was this fanta soda can in all thai -- i had no idea of the flavor so i asked the clerk who spoke very little english. he says "taste like, um taste like green, you like, it good". it ended up being pretty good. turned out to be the green cream soda. i guess his description was pretty close after all. lol

BottleBoss
10-26-2007, 12:50 PM
I liked Holiday Spice Pepsi. I thought it was good. A lot of you say you did not like it. So what.