PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with some Coke codes.

bboy45
10-26-2007, 05:43 PM
Hello all,
I was just wanting to find out if someone could tell me where the code HW would be from on coke 20 oz bottles. Long story short, I am delivering to an account this afternoon and find these 20 oz shrinkwrapped cases in the corner. Come to find out that it is happening to some other route drivers in the market as well. Wondering if anyone else has had problems with transshipping on coke products on their routes. My supervisors are all over it with CCNA now, but just curious for my own benefit. Thanks.

amyers
10-26-2007, 09:08 PM
HW is Hollywood, Florida (Coca-Cola Enterprises).

Sometime people like to buy Coke products from outside the market or they buy from a distro that is located in another market.

For example, some gas stations buy Coke products from "Tri-State Distribution" from Opelika, AL and they are CCE. We are CCBCC. So, we get Pepsi Dr. Pepper at this gas station, and Pibb Xtra Coke, etc. because they are buying some or all of their products from outside the market.

BhamCokeman
10-26-2007, 11:11 PM
Transshipping happens alot around here as well. Buffalo Rock gets it done to them on a larger scale. I have a few accounts I just do not service at all anymore. I for the life of me can not figure out why us bottlers can not get together and agree not to do it. Most of the transshipped cases come from CCE plants. I guess they just have some renegade sales center magagers. Where do you work out of?

bboy45
10-27-2007, 12:26 PM
I work in the Winston Salem, NC area for CCBCC, BhamCokeman. I always assumed this was more of an anti trust issue, though. I have a hunch that this account is not directly buying from CCE. They own 3 or 4 c stores in our market and I know the owner is loading the pepsi coolers full of foreign product. I am not one to stir the pot with a good customer, but I do get a little fed up when you treat an account well, deal with them honestly, and then they decide to screw you over.

BhamCokeman
10-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Yeah they would not buy directly from CCE, but many grocery companies are in the business as well now or they might bring it from another store. I do butt up to a CCE territory and 1 day a week I see a truck coming into our territory, and it would be for no reason. Something is fishy and I am going to follow the guy one day. One thing with the transshipping, alot of times the drinks will come out closer dated. I had some go out of date in a store and it's a joy pulling them out and telling them they ae going to have to eat them and they have to throw them away. We have mostly Arabic customers doing it.

the saint
10-27-2007, 08:06 PM
One thing with the transshipping, alot of times the drinks will come out closer dated. I had some go out of date in a store and it's a joy pulling them out and telling them they ae going to have to eat them and they have to throw them away. We have mostly Arabic customers doing it.

Gee I have never encountered this problem.... Only happenes about oooohhh every single day. Transshipping sucks. Our price on 20 oz is about 21.50 a case and the wholesalers around town sell it for around 18-19 bucks. Most of it has UTC games on it and our facility doesn't do UTC any more so it is a dead giveaway from the front door looking toward the cold vault. It used to bother me as it does you but it doesn't anymore. I tell them the first time that it is against contract for them to buy any PBG products from anyone but my company, I will make a note in my HHC about it. The second time I have to tell them I discontinue their contract pricing, third time I go in and it is there I just smile and call in all of our equiptment (coolers fountain whatever) for hostile pickup and tell them that I have warned them more than was neccesary and that I hope they continue to prosper in their business but it will not be at my or my company's expense, and i walk out and just do not go back. Believe me when I say it isn't worth your health and well being to worry about stuff like this. Just tell your boss' and let them handle it, believe me they will handle it one way or another. I do not know how coke handles this sort of thing but I know that PBG/pepsi indies have it in their agreements that it is $1000 for each case in fines for the transshipping, now if we could only do something about the damn wholesalers.

BhamCokeman
10-27-2007, 10:33 PM
It's not really a problem for me anymore. I'm like you, if they do it, I'll give them 2 warnings, 3rd time, that's it. We'll go even as far as to go in and take out all the glide. It's a problem that's hard to control at times. It seems to go in spurts. Our 20 oz is 21.05 and our EDLP line is 17.22 and they can get their from grocery companies for as low as 15. I hope they enjoy only being able to sale only core brands and have no variety though. They only run off their costumers, to try and save a dime. Buffalo Rock gives 50 cents a case for every code their pre salesman turns in.