PDA

View Full Version : Winona Coke Video

Dr. Galaga
10-26-2007, 06:20 PM
KSTP-TV did a short story on the Winona, MN Coke plant. Kind of cool seeing the bottling operation in action!
KSTP.com - OTR 2001 Classic: Coke Bottler (http://kstp.com/article/stories/S224419.shtml?cat=1&v=1)

Ram0n C0keah0lic
10-27-2007, 03:13 AM
Cool material! thanks for posting, it's weird to see a bottling plant that still sells Coca-Cola in bottles in U.S., where the returnable glass bottles are hard to find... I have a question... do they sell only Coke in glass bottles or they also sell it in the normal packaging (plastic bottles, cans, 12 & 24 packs, etc.)

BTW... here's the link of a 8-min documentary about Embotelladora La Favorita, S.A., the Coca-Cola bottling plant in Guadalajara, Jalisco (that this year celebrates its 100th anniversary), in this video you'll see how is the plant, how it works, the machinery they use, and what brands of The Coca-Cola Company and packagings sell in that area (that are the same as here in Ags., but with the exception of the 500 ml non-returnable glass bottle)

YouTube - Coca Cola La Favorita (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBzq4pjB_dI)

Dr. Galaga
10-27-2007, 10:46 AM
Cool video- I guess I should have paid more attention in Spanish class back in college! :o

Returnable glass is the only thing that the Winona plant bottles. They sell all of the other packaging too, but it is shipped in.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
10-27-2007, 08:24 PM
Nice!...

In the case of the Coke bottler from here, all the glass bottles and most of the plastic bottles are made here, but some products are shipped in, for example Ciel water in bottles are shipped from Torreon, Coca-Cola Light in 2 liter bottles are shipped from San Luis Potosí, Senzao Guaraná, Lift Golden and Lift +Manzana is shipped from Zacatecas, and Delaware Punch, Powerade, Nestea and Minute Maid bottles are shipped from Guadalajara.

FountainCokeAddict
10-30-2007, 01:14 PM
looks like im moving to minnesota lol..by the way anyone know if thats HFCS or sugar?

Dr. Galaga
10-30-2007, 06:17 PM
It's regular ole HFCS :(

No Soda
11-01-2007, 09:31 PM
I had to pause the Mexican video on the view of all the various presentations of Coke the bottler offers....nice refillable plastic and glass along with the cans and one-way glass and plastic. Maybe someone should send a copy of this video to CCE...

I heard there was flooding in Winona a few months ago.. I hope it didn't affect the bottler there. By the way Dr Galaga, do you have any knowledge of a bottler in Nashville, TN that used the 6/12 oz bottles? Ten years ago, a friend brought me one from there he had bought at a grocery store. It was the good old 6/12 bottle, and the bottle was dated 1998.

Dr. Galaga
11-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Winona is the last US Coke bottler to refill bottles. The Nashville plant may do the 8 oz. non-returnable nowadays.

fusion
11-02-2007, 06:09 PM
Winona is the last US Coke bottler to refill bottles. The Nashville plant may do the 8 oz. non-returnable nowadays.

Nashville Coke is part of CCBCC. They buy their glass from CCE-Marietta GA (MR). The Coke bottler in Union City TN bottled up until (I think) this year.. they had 8oz and 10oz deli.