PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try Rockstar Punched yet?

DGibb
10-30-2007, 07:19 PM
If so, how is it? Does it live up to the BevNet Review? We don't yet have it in my area as far as I have seen.

David J.
10-31-2007, 01:14 AM
Yes, this stuff is awesome.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
10-31-2007, 02:00 AM
I had one tonight, all i thought was Meh. I diddnt hate it nor love it. But i tought the same about original rockstar, so... I do like juiced though.

SumPoosieCat
10-31-2007, 05:25 AM
Rockstar Bubble Gum
Rockstar Lemon
Rockstar Mojito
Rockstar Mint
Rockstar Grape Ape
Rockstar Basil

When I am done tasting these then I will try the punched.

greg
10-31-2007, 08:27 AM
Rockstar Bubble Gum
Rockstar Lemon
Rockstar Mojito
Rockstar Mint
Rockstar Grape Ape
Rockstar Basil

When I am done tasting these then I will try the punched.

You have been a smart a$$ lately. I think you need "sum poosie". Seriously!

SumPoosieCat
10-31-2007, 10:37 AM
Sorry....sniff....sniff...

ehinkes
10-31-2007, 11:22 AM
Pretty good, but not as Boo Koo's fruit punch. Still one of the better Rockstar entries as of late: Energy Drink Reviews: Rockstar Punched Energy Review (http://taurinerules.blogspot.com/2007/10/rockstar-punched-energy-review.html)

scum1
11-01-2007, 08:44 PM
It was ok but man it was super sweet to me. I had to drink some water afterwards. Not something I would buy again. Would probably cover up the taste of alcohol well though.

fusion
11-02-2007, 06:35 PM
I got a Hawaiian Punch type taste from it, though it seemed a little watered down. I bet it would go good with alcohol, as has been said before.

SumPoosieCat
11-04-2007, 11:01 AM
Rockstar needs another flavor like Tom Brady needs another wide receiver.

DudeMan
11-05-2007, 05:57 AM
It seems that Rockstar's last minute rush to catch up with Monster's better SKUs is full of inconsistencies and lacks originality.

The "metal plate" background, which characterizes the Juiced lineup, was also used in Zero Carb, which doesn't contain any juice.

The cans have always featured the words "Better. Faster. Stronger." I just took a look at their website and they are using the tagline "Bigger. Better. Faster. Stronger." which was obvuously ripped off Kanye West's popular song these days. Also, the Sweepstakes section uses the tagline "Feeling lucky, punk?" which is ripped off Jim Carey's (very old) movie "The Mask".

The new Punched version, although just another flavor, is the first to deviate from the standard can layout and to list the key "energy" ingredients around the neck of the can, just like Monster and all the others.

Overall, a big fat zero to Rockstar for consistency and originality. Consumers may not analyze these marketing details the way I just did, but they "feel" when a brand is cool and original. I think the gap between Monster and Rockstar will continue to grow.

Red Sox fan
11-05-2007, 02:16 PM
Dude Man,

Don't you think you would be much better off if you just replied to every post in the following way..

"Monster is the best, everything else out there sucks, especially Rockstar.."

If you want to talk about a company "ripping off" off another company how about you start with Monster ripping off the 16oz energy package concept from ROCKSTAR.

jacksmom
11-05-2007, 04:29 PM
I tried Rockstar Punched about a week ago - actually, I split it with my husband (the caffeine content was pretty high for me - 240 mg). Anyway, I really enjoyed it. I thought it had a nice fruit punch base and wasn't overly carbonated. Solid entry, IMO.

Red Sox fan
11-05-2007, 05:45 PM
And for the record "Feeling Lucky Punk" is not from the Mask..it may have been in that movie too but it was originally from Clint Eastwood in "Dirty Harry".. you should check your facts before spewing false venom all over the board.

Did Rockstar borrow a famouse qoute to promote a new item? Yes, but who cares? it's called marketing. BTW I googled "Unleash the Beast" and found 1,000's of uses of that phrase (many of which were PRE monster). people in glass houses...tisk tisk..now go back to your chanting.."MONSTER, MONSTER, MONSTER"

zne0
11-06-2007, 01:33 AM
RSF and Dude it looks like one of you chants(works) for either company and you both make good points, Rockstar is the enovator of the 16oz catergory at the same time Rockstar has become the follower once leading and having an edge over monster now rockstar trails monster even though rockstar has the edge with the stronger distributor network (coke) which i've heard rumors the marriage isn't goig to well.....rockstar has alot of potencial to strive as the number they used to be 1 but is coke holding rockstar from taking on an agressive marketing stragedy like Monster has?? there are alot of questions you both have great points but what it comes down to is not phrases used or which can has what scheme or background...its about MARKETING AND NUMBERS

zne0
11-06-2007, 01:37 AM
and Right now Monster has the number one possition pulling away from rockstar further and further (based one A.C nielsen)

Nick Laugher
11-06-2007, 11:29 AM
Anyone know if this is coming to Canada?

Red Sox fan
11-06-2007, 02:47 PM
ZNEO-I can respect your comments as well because they are fact based and not some silly attack against a brand. They are also constructive and talk about sales trends and distribution, things that really matter. while we may disagree about some of the things you wrote (ie. coke's relationship with rockstar) I could certainly sit down with you and have a civil discussion, preferably over a beer..ha!

mjb1124
11-06-2007, 07:17 PM
Overall, a big fat zero to Rockstar for consistency and originality. Consumers may not analyze these marketing details the way I just did, but they "feel" when a brand is cool and original. I think the gap between Monster and Rockstar will continue to grow.

Admittedly I'm not a big energy drinker, but so far, every Rockstar product I've tried has tasted considerably better than its Monster equivalent, and any difference in the buzz I got from the drinks was negligible. Furthermore, their looks aren't even that similar - I could care less about all the little details you're pointing out. Every company rides on other companies' coattails to a certain extent. Maybe Monster has the better marketing, but Rockstar has the better products IMHO.

idrinkamp
11-06-2007, 08:33 PM
honestly i hate monster. it's basically just red bull with more sugar, which is a mistake; it doesn't really taste good at all. Rockstar punched is one of the best energy drinks that I have had to date, and it's much better than monster has ever been. I'm ready, abuse me verbally.

Black Spiderman
11-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Punched is very good. Right now it's 2 for $3 so I stocked up.

TheNOSDrinker
11-11-2007, 11:34 PM
It seems that Rockstar's last minute rush to catch up with Monster's better SKUs is full of inconsistencies and lacks originality.

The "metal plate" background, which characterizes the Juiced lineup, was also used in Zero Carb, which doesn't contain any juice.

The cans have always featured the words "Better. Faster. Stronger." I just took a look at their website and they are using the tagline "Bigger. Better. Faster. Stronger." which was obvuously ripped off Kanye West's popular song these days. Also, the Sweepstakes section uses the tagline "Feeling lucky, punk?" which is ripped off Jim Carey's (very old) movie "The Mask".

The new Punched version, although just another flavor, is the first to deviate from the standard can layout and to list the key "energy" ingredients around the neck of the can, just like Monster and all the others.

The actual lyrics to the song are "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" and are from the song by the same name, originally by Daft Punk, which is quite old considering it was made in the early 2000's (Another field in wich I am incredibly knowledgeable is electronic music). The quote "Feeling lucky, punk?" was originally from the movie "Dirty Harry", starring Clint Eastwood, which is a lot older than "The Mask." I haven't even seen the movie and I know that. But, back on subject. As for Rockstar Punched, I am currently trying to obtain a sample to review or at least get them to make it available in my location so that I may buy some. It sounds like it would taste good.

DrPprLvr
11-13-2007, 07:19 AM
Pretty good, but not as Boo Koo's fruit punch...

Personally BooKoo was the SWEETEST of all the EDs I've tasted. TOO SWEET. :eek: IMO.

...Rockstar...once leading and having an edge over monster now rockstar trails monster even though rockstar has the edge with the stronger distributor network (coke) which i've heard rumors the marriage isn't goig to well.....

We've heard similar rumors 'round here. We still produce it (for Coke) so we have open communication with RS and from what I've heard there is talk of Coke giving up the distribution because of the gain of the Vitamin Water EDs.

DGibb
11-15-2007, 12:41 AM
Tried it today. I think it tasted like Tahitian Treat! It is very good, and I would buy it again.

JordanE
11-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Probably my least favorite next original, the olny rockstar i've ever liked is the zero carb which I buy in the 24oz size almost every work day.

I'm not a big fan of the rockstar brand besides zero card, but punch was just gross it was WAY to sweet tasting. I had to scrub my teeth with soap and a paper towel (I was at work while I was drinking it) and drink two water bottles just to get the dirty sugar roting feeling out of my mouth.

DudeMan
11-20-2007, 06:31 PM
Red Sox,

What I mean is that Monster SKUs are much better thought out. From a marketing point of view, it seems that much more thought is put into Monster line extensions than Rockstar.

Ripping off a packaging format is easy. Coming up with a good product that has appeal to its targeted audience and making it the #2 brand commands a lot of merit.

NapkinMan
12-10-2007, 02:41 PM
Its hard to find RSP, I would think it would make an excellent mixer for college kids though.