PDA

View Full Version : Anybody remember what Pearl beer used to taste like?

skylark68
11-07-2007, 07:16 PM
I wasn't old enough to drink when Pearl beer was still produced in San Antonio, but i was wondering how much of a difference there was in taste and quality from nowadays? I bought a 12 pack not too long ago, and it wasn't bad, but it wasn't much to write home about. I was just curious as i collect a lot of the memorabilia from Pearl and Pabst.

soupcan
03-07-2009, 02:28 PM
To the best of my recollection it tasted like the horse had diabetes.

SamC
03-28-2009, 12:01 PM
IMHO, all of the "virtual" breweries' products, which are trademarks owned by the brewery-less Pabst company, including Pabst, Pearl, Blatz, Jacob Best, Lone Star, Pearl, National Bohemian, Olympia, Peil's, Rainier, Schaefer, Schlitz, Stroh, and Stag, and produced for Pabst by Miller, and those brands owned by Miller itself, including Jax, all taste just like Miller High Life. Because that is what they are.

skylark68
05-26-2009, 02:53 PM
IMHO, all of the "virtual" breweries' products, which are trademarks owned by the brewery-less Pabst company, including Pabst, Pearl, Blatz, Jacob Best, Lone Star, Pearl, National Bohemian, Olympia, Peil's, Rainier, Schaefer, Schlitz, Stroh, and Stag, and produced for Pabst by Miller, and those brands owned by Miller itself, including Jax, all taste just like Miller High Life. Because that is what they are.

I figured as much although there is a slight difference in taste between Lone Star and Pabst... That could be because the Lone Star is in a bottle and Pabst is in a can I suppose...

Too bad no one will resurrect those old brands, especially Pearl, independently.