PDA

View Full Version : Highly Acidic !

SumPoosieCat
11-13-2007, 01:01 PM
Has anyone else come across customers looking for energy drinks that are less Acidic. The ph level in many of the drinks we tested were very very Acidic.

scum1
11-13-2007, 02:17 PM
They make low acid instant coffee and OJ so I guess a lot of people are sensitive to the acid. I can't see that there would be a big market though for a low acid ED though. Seems it is not that large of a group and mostly older from my experience.

greg
11-13-2007, 02:59 PM
Most energy drinks contain citric acid which over time can erode the lining of the esophogus.
I once spilled a Mtn Dew in the back room of a Kroger. I went to get a mop which allowed the liquid to "set" for a while. When I mopped it up the spot where the liquid was was clean as opposed to the surrounding area of grime on the floor.
My point, in the long run drinking any beverage over time you would best use a beverage of low acidity.

SumPoosieCat
11-13-2007, 03:08 PM
Greg... we tested a half a dozen of the most popular bottled waters and THEY tested highly acidic as well. No wonder people are taking Prilosec and all these other anti acids.....

greg
11-13-2007, 03:15 PM
Greg... we tested a half a dozen of the most popular bottled waters and THEY tested highly acidic as well. No wonder people are taking Prilosec and all these other anti acids.....

I believe it.

I missed you at the NACS...I thought for sure you could come by at least for one day.

SumPoosieCat
11-13-2007, 04:38 PM
I really wanted to be there but we are just not ready yet. We just finished the design on the can for the regular and the sugar free. We found that the best way into the convenience store market was to remove the girl from the can and focus on the brand. The sugar free is amazing. I will have both ready to go for summer.

What I am focusing on is the bottles right now. We told our customers the bottles were coming back and orders came flying in more than double what we planned on for the first run. So... needless to say we had to go back to the drawing board and get better prepared.

I expect big things in 2008 with the new bottles coming out next month and the new cans in the spring. I am going to the Bar Show in Vegas at the end of February... stop by and I will introduce you to a few of our new "Bottle Models" ;-) Just look for the pretty Poosie Cats !!!